Forms Support

18 hours ago, Mike John said:

1. I might need admin access to troubleshoot this further. I can't reproduce this currently.

Thanks for your offer, I'll send you an admin access with a temporary password by private message.

18 hours ago, Mike John said:

2. This should be a quick fix, do you have ftp access to your ipb files? Might be able to put together a patch.

Yes, I'm self-hosted! Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you "Integrate with the registration form."

It would make life much easier if this is possible, we get many people joining our Forums, but they think once they join the forums, it's the same as applying to our community, so having both Registration and the Application form somehow together would make things much easier, even a check box on the Reg form like "Apply to Community?" and if clicked, upon email confirm it directs them to the application form or a pop up of it, would make things much easier.

Animated-bird-BF-size.gif.3d339802e70baa1508c97b61c7b979c5.gif

Edited by United We Stand
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to use this question in my form: How do you prefer to be contacted?

I want to enlist the differents ways that was previosly filled in 1,2,3. But it seem have to hidden when select selectbox, radio or checkbox fields.

And the problem of selectbox, radio and checkbox are not translable, so by this way I can not preset options.

On 3/10/2020 at 5:32 PM, kmk said:

I want to use this question in my form: How do you prefer to be contacted?

I want to enlist the differents ways that was previosly filled in 1,2,3. But it seem have to hidden when select selectbox, radio or checkbox fields.

Can I either get admin access or screenshots of how you've setup your form fields so I can better understand what your after? I assume your referring to the toggles when 1 field is selected or not?

On 3/10/2020 at 5:32 PM, kmk said:

And the problem of selectbox, radio and checkbox are not translable, so by this way I can not preset options.

IPB4 itself does not support translation in custom field options.

6 hours ago, PCtoolbin said:

I just upgraded my "Forms" and "IPB" to the latest versions -- now I cannot figure out how and where I can get a "Contact Us" page to show on the main forum screen with my theme.  Any thoughts on where I can figure that out?  Thank you in advance.

Do you mean in the menu tabs? Or another location?

rwlahEa.png

On 3/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, PCtoolbin said:

Yes, I mean on the menu tabs -- my website is https://www.critfest.com -- can't seem to find a tab or a way to put a "Contact Us" tab there after verifying my form plugin and additions.....

See acp > system tab > site features > menu manager > add item.

so3209O.png

On 3/19/2020 at 7:29 AM, kmk said:

I have a form created to collect members information, is possible when a member fill the form automatically update some profile custom fields, I mean a mechanism of synchronization between form fields and profile fields.

No not currently. Would need to be done custom as not supported by default.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mike John said:

It's using the responsive theme, so should appear in mobile as well. What are you currently seeing?

Nothing...in mobile only can see the forms categories and each form, but not see logs option, while in desktop I can see the SEE LOGS bottons.

Hi.

We currently use your forms application on our forum. But I've come across a copyright footer that messes up the entire forms page making it able to scroll to the left. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Perhaps you can tell where the footer is so I can style it correctly?

image.thumb.png.bb113af02e2e8ec00d220d4eb30273d6.png

Edited by Dunkstormen
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 3:52 PM, kmk said:

Nothing...in mobile only can see the forms categories and each form, but not see logs option, while in desktop I can see the SEE LOGS bottons.

Can you please take a screenshot or provide login details? I assume this is the same with the default theme as well?

On 4/2/2020 at 9:59 PM, Dunkstormen said:

We currently use your forms application on our forum. But I've come across a copyright footer that messes up the entire forms page making it able to scroll to the left. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Perhaps you can tell where the footer is so I can style it correctly?

PM Sent.

• 1 month later...

Having a small issue. I've got the Forms created. When someone submits a form a topic is created. However when they click submit, one of two things happen. 

A topic is created with nothing showing OR a topic is created but there is no way to click on the topic (it shows as blank for the topic title)

Also when I click on "Permissions" under the Forms tab in the ACP it takes me to the Member Groups page of the ACP and I have tested it by trying to send an e-mail instead of a topic and that is also blank and empty.

blank topic.png

Empty topic.png

Edited by J Anderson
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, J Anderson said:

A topic is created with nothing showing OR a topic is created but there is no way to click on the topic (it shows as blank for the topic title)

For the topic alert in your form, have you filled in the settings?

X5RMnfD.png

On 6/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, J Anderson said:

Also when I click on "Permissions" under the Forms tab in the ACP it takes me to the Member Groups page of the ACP and I have tested it by trying to send an e-mail instead of a topic and that is also blank and empty.

That's intended. You have either group permissions or per form permissions as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Andreas Toscan said:

I would like to ask briefly when we can expect the update. At the moment we have to deactivate the application because otherwise the registration will not work. But the forms would also be very important. Do you already have a schedule?

Probably within a month. I've got nearly 100 apps and plugins to check over but the Forms app will likely be prioritized as it's popular.

@Michael.J 

For the "Yes/No" selection box, can you add the option "Required?"  because we want people to accept a set of Rules before the application appears, the problem is, if nobody clicks the yes/no button they are still able to send the application with no fields filled in some are just clicking "Send", thus we need the option for it to be required so people cannot do this.

Also when you click the Yes/No button, when you agree and click it, it should turn Green rather than Red which better signals yes rather than a color which signals no.

Untitled1122334455.png

App1.png

Edited by United We Stand
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, United We Stand said:

Also when you click the Yes/No button, when you agree and click it, it should turn Green rather than Red which better signals yes rather than a color which signals no.

There are certain fields that IPB itself doesn't add a "required"option to. I'd suggest using an alternative field to get around this. e.g. The checkbox set field with a Yes/No options or select field with Yes/No options.

My field toggles don't seem to be working. I have a Checkbox Set field named "Contact Type" under which I have this field toggle configuration:

image.thumb.png.b4841908c67283b1967a9ca402ab816b.png

When viewing the live form, all fields are visible even when I do not have any options selected.

image.png.09ea8fe78b83612660ff09befe7cdf4c.png

Did I misunderstand the purpose of form toggles or is this just not working correctly? My intent was to have these fields hidden until the user tells us what kind of contact options they want us to use, then to have those fields appear so they can supply the relevant information.

• 3 weeks later...

@Michael.J some clients aren't able to upgrade to the recent version because your last 2 releases had the same version.

release.png

Please follow the guidelines and increase the version for each release.

2.2.11.              New versions of resources must have an incremented long version and human version number where applicable (Applications/Plugins/Themes/Languages)

https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/submission-guidelines/