Forms Support

Does anyone know if Forms integrates with clubs somehow?

Anyone?

*edit*

I have a different way of asking this question. I have clubs who want to have forms available to their members only. Is that doable or does the forms application only sit at the top level of the community?

Thanks

**EDIT**

I don't usually BUMP, but it's been a while since I posted and no one else has posted in the topic since. Anyone?? 😇

Edited by Giray
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2019 at 3:31 AM, Hunter Lyons said:

Has anyone heard from Mike John? This plugin is great, but it seems like he has disappeared, and I very much need support.

Please check my recent update with more bug fixes. If there are still issues, PM me and will take a look.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:32 AM, Giray said:

Does anyone know if Forms integrates with clubs somehow?

I looked into this as part of a bug fixing update earlier in the year. It's not currently a quick addition like my other apps and does need to be modified a bit to support clubs. So it will have to be done in a feature update in the future.

8 hours ago, Priyesh said:

When I add a text area or upload option to the form, the form is submitted but the logs only show the details but not the content.

If you edit your form and fill in a value for the "Log Message" setting, it will add something to the log. So for example the default contact form has something like this.

New form submission from {form_name}

{field_list}

This catches a few people out, so I'll note as a bug and have it include a standard log message by default in the future.

Edited by Mike John
13 hours ago, Mike John said:

If you edit your form and fill in a value for the "Log Message" setting, it will add something to the log. So for example the default contact form has something like this.

New form submission from {form_name}

{field_list}

This catches a few people out, so I'll note as a bug and have it include a standard log message by default in the future.

Edited 13 hours ago by Mike John

Thanks! It worked!

On 10/10/2019 at 8:19 PM, Giray said:

Question: is this something you foresee building in the next month/3 months/6 months/a year/possibly not?

What about custom dev for it? Willing to pitch in!! It's an urgent need for us.

Probably medium term at this point, at least not until the new year for any new features in my apps. You can PM me if you want a custom request but I'd need to look into this again to see what's required and if a recent update of IP.Board has made this easier.

• 1 month later...

Hey @Mike John, I just start using this plugin, and it's great. Exactly what I needed.

I just had three questions...

1. I was wondering why the Radio field can't be made required?
  2. Also with the Radio field, I'd love to be able to use it to toggle other fields, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tested this functionality with the Yes/No field and the Select Box field and it works perfectly, but not with Radio. 
  3. I see the form can be sent as a PM, email, or topic. Any chance of making it able to send as a support request in a future update? 

Thanks!

Edited by cpinc
On 11/23/2019 at 7:39 AM, cpinc said:

Hey @Mike John, I just start using this plugin, and it's great. Exactly what I needed.

I just had three questions...

1. I was wondering why the Radio field can't be made required?
  2. Also with the Radio field, I'd love to be able to use it to toggle other fields, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tested this functionality with the Yes/No field and the Select Box field and it works perfectly, but not with Radio. 
  3. I see the form can be sent as a PM, email, or topic. Any chance of making it able to send as a support request in a future update? 

Thanks!

Thanks, glad you like it.

1. That's unfortunately a constraint of IPB itself. If you check profile fields, you'll notice the same issue.
  2. This does appear to be a bug, I've noted this and will have it fixed next update. If you've got ftp access to your site, I might be able to put together a patch in the meantime.
  3. Not currently supported but I'll see what integration support requests offer and look at adding it in a future version.
16 hours ago, Mike John said:

Thanks, glad you like it.

1. That's unfortunately a constraint of IPB itself. If you check profile fields, you'll notice the same issue.

Ah, I see.

1. This does appear to be a bug, I've noted this and will have it fixed next update. If you've got ftp access to your site, I might be able to put together a patch in the meantime.

It's cool, no rush. I'll just wait for the next update. Thanks though.

1. Not currently supported but I'll see what integration support requests offer and look at adding it in a future version.

Perfect!

hey @Mike John, i am thinking about buying this.

however, just to double check: i want to have a kind of an application form for new members. they gotta fill out some fields (they are obviously guests at this stage) and it creates a forum topic with the application (field) content. those fields are text, text areas, yes/no, checkbox groups...

this can be done with it, right?

On 12/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, Mike John said:

I'm not sure how soon the next update will be, so have sent you the patch if you want to try it anyway.

Awesome, thank you!

Just had one other question: when sending the form as a PM to multiple people, is there a way to have it do this as one conversation instead of a separate PM going to each person?

9 hours ago, SJ77 said:

a feature that would be helpful is the ability to email to defined email address on submission. Right now it can only email a member, but I would like to send email to custom email addresses that I can type in the ACP.

I figured out a work around. I can just create fake accounts with email addresses that I want to use.

However, I noticed something new. Seems one cannot create hidden fields that have values. I want to pass some things into the email that don't need to be in the user form.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. When a guest fills out a form, as it should, ips asks you to register. If the guest registers, and validates their email, the form does not then get submitted. Shouldn't the form appear in the logs if the guest follows through with registration?

Edited by Giray
On 12/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, Andr3as said:

however, just to double check: i want to have a kind of an application form for new members. they gotta fill out some fields (they are obviously guests at this stage) and it creates a forum topic with the application (field) content. those fields are text, text areas, yes/no, checkbox groups...

Yes. It will only create the topic with fields you've got setup. It won't actually create an account if this is some kind of "application" form for guests. If you need more info or a demo, let me know.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:29 PM, annadaa said:

is this application like Google Forms ? Because in the screenshoot, I do not see that it is possible to present a lot of question / answer as a result.

A good example of what fields the Forms app has is to check out the custom profile fields. Basically any field that you can create there is a standard custom field in IPB4 and available in the Forms app as well. I don't believe IPB4 has a field similar to that pic unfortunately.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:55 PM, SJ77 said:

However, I noticed something new. Seems one cannot create hidden fields that have values. I want to pass some things into the email that don't need to be in the user form.

What kind of data are you needing to pass? It might be possible to add it into a quick tag. There's not really a "hidden" field in IPB4 unless it's hard coded.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:35 PM, Giray said:

Hi. When a guest fills out a form, as it should, ips asks you to register. If the guest registers, and validates their email, the form does not then get submitted. Shouldn't the form appear in the logs if the guest follows through with registration?

I'm not sure I understand, the Forms should be treating guest submissions like members.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ! Thanks for this very useful and powerful plugin!
I have trouble using the custom fURL slug. If I change it and save, it is not taken into account, and the default url (full name of the form) is back as soon as I reload the configuration page. Am I missing something or is there a bug? Thank you for your answer.

17 hours ago, SRFA said:

I have trouble using the custom fURL slug. If I change it and save, it is not taken into account, and the default url (full name of the form) is back as soon as I reload the configuration page. Am I missing something or is there a bug? Thank you for your answer.

Can you tell me the steps to reproduce this. I just created a test forum with custom furl and when editing again, it appears just fine.

03WLPPH.png

The slug is OK if set at creation, before the first "save", indeed. But it cannot be changed afterwards, when editing an already existing form. (Maybe just works as expected eventually? There could be some logic into not allowing to change the url of an existing form.)

Sorry to bump the topic, I finished exploring and testing the app and I have a couple more remarks & suggestions!
First of all it's really a cool app, I'm very happy of my purchase, I'll let a positive review in the marketplace 🙂

Minor bugs:

1. (Already mentioned) custom furl slug restored to default when editing an existing form
  2. Quick tag for a field value of type "number" displays nothing (instead of the digit 0) in mp/mail/topic when the field value is 0

Suggestions (things that would improve even more the app):

1. Displaying avatars in logs
  2. Allowing to select which email address will be used to send the confirm mail, or set it to the {board_mail} by default (currently: sent by the {member_email} of the admin who created the form, and not editable)
  3. Editable content of the confirm mp/email from the form settings (currently only editable by translation in the Languages menu)
  4. Csv export form by form (not including all fields of all existing forms.)
  5. (More complicated, but would be really great, and I would be ready to pay for that) When a topic creation is selected to be triggered by the form, I would love to have the ability to add a button in the said forum, next to "Start new topic", and sending directly to the form instead of creating a new topic (something like "Start new topic with help"). Alternatively, it would be almost as nice to replace completely the action triggered by "New topic" (in order to force users to use the form to post a new topic in this particular forum.)
  6. (No idea if this is even doable, but would be nice also) Conditional content: content of the mp/mail/topic can be different depending on the field values. First level: don't show empty fields in the {field_list}. Second level: more customization of the content (if field_value_xx==yy write "this", else write "that"...)
Edited by SRFA
On 1/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, SRFA said:

First of all it's really a cool app, I'm very happy of my purchase, I'll let a positive review in the marketplace 🙂

Thank you. 🙂

Minor bugs:

1. (Already mentioned) custom furl slug restored to default when editing an existing form
  2. Quick tag for a field value of type "number" displays nothing (instead of the digit 0) in mp/mail/topic when the field value is 0

1. I might need admin access to troubleshoot this further. I can't reproduce this currently.
2. This should be a quick fix, do you have ftp access to your ipb files? Might be able to put together a patch.

Suggestions (things that would improve even more the app):

All saved, probably won't be included before IPB 4.5 now but will look at each suggestion in future versions.