Auto Welcome Support

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add option that after xx post send welcome message? OR only certain groups receive welcome message? 

We have initial group of less then 10 post who don't get PM or status message. So auto welcome doesn't work in the initial grp because PM and status is disabled. 

We love this.

It would be amazing if you made it possible to add profile fields to the "new topic".
Example:

Hello %member_name%,

Welcome to %board_name%. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

%member_name% joined on the %joined_date%.

%profile_link%
%profilefield1%
%profilefield2%

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 4:35 AM, statusjpn said:

I see compatibility for Invision 4.6.x has been added, fantastic! Thanks to the dev for the excellent job!

I'm sorry for the delay, I submitted that IPB 4.6 update some time ago. I didn't realize it wasn't approved until recently.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:06 AM, iacas said:

@Michael.J, is there a way to stop guests from being able to create topics (via Auto Welcome) in a private forum (members can only see the topic "they" create)?

Looks like a bug as guests shouldn't be able to create. Could you please send me a screenshot of your settings and will try and reproduce this locally.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, NerdCore said:

We love this.

It would be amazing if you made it possible to add profile fields to the "new topic".
Example:

Hello %member_name%,

Welcome to %board_name%. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

%member_name% joined on the %joined_date%.

%profile_link%
%profilefield1%
%profilefield2%

Yes, I agree!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:56 PM, Michael.J said:

Looks like a bug as guests shouldn't be able to create. Could you please send me a screenshot of your settings and will try and reproduce this locally.

I think I get a lot of guests triggering things. Normally a welcome DM has the user's name in it. This is on my other site, thesandtrap.com. Those are all messages to members who are guests.

image.thumb.png.4d41fff7c3ab0424f3f181a573c915d8.png

So this seems to be "bad" behavior on both sites. It's just that on the one site, the AutoWelcome is set to create a topic, and on the other it's escaped notice longer because guests can create a post (it isn't shown unless they successfully register), but a topic isn't created for them.

Edited by iacas
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Anyone else having this problem?

Did you ever log in to my site using the credentials I gave you?

I don't think many others have forums set up where only the creator of the topic and another group ("instructors" and admins) can see the topics. That's what seems to cause the threads created without names, and the DMs? Maybe people are trying to view their topic without being logged in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...