Hump Day: A Refresh Has Arrived!

WOW! Definitely NOT impressed with the new pricing structure - this is taking it out of the ballpark for a lot of people.  I was looking forward to the revamped CIC and was considering it, but not now. Even self-hosted is now very pricy and I can see your competitors hoovering up the ones you've scared off.  Not sure this was a wise move, but then it depends on who you want as clients.

The general makeover is OK, nothing that makes me go WOW! (other than your prices lol).

Whoah!  I've just logged into the client area and I see my renewal price has gone from $40 every six months to this:

image.png.e6d5d2663c07960bfe6319c129f59a9a.png

Is this a mistake?

1 minute ago, Davyc said:

WOW! Definitely NOT impressed with the new pricing structure - this is taking it out of the ballpark for a lot of people.  I was looking forward to the revamped CIC and was considering it, but not now. Even self-hosted is now very pricy and I can see your competitors hoovering up the ones you've scared off.  Not sure this was a wise move, but then it depends on who you want as clients.

The general makeover is OK, nothing that makes me go WOW! (other than your prices lol).

Heyooo! Appreciate you offering one of the first pieces of feedback! 

Truth be told, we haven't raised our prices in more than a decade. We held off for a long time because we didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I know that's not the greatest answer in the world, but we want to be as transparent as possible with all of you. We want to remain a powerhouse community platform on the Internet, and this is one route we had to take to do so. I'm here to talk things out further, or, if you'd like to PM me, please feel free to do that as well. Same goes for anyone reading this. 🙏 

14 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Whoah!  I've just logged into the client area and I see my renewal price has gone from $40 every six months to this:

image.png.e6d5d2663c07960bfe6319c129f59a9a.png

Is this a mistake?

You're on the same as my - Forums & Pages, yep? So it's gone from $40 each six months ($80 a year) to $125 a year...$45 increase ($22.50 each six months equivalent).

I'm not overly bothered by that...however, it does mean I've got an additional $85 to account for in February. And it almost puts to rest any ideas I had to add Blogs to my package to further develop some of my apps for that application.

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You're on the same as my - Forums & Pages, yep? So it's gone from $40 each six months ($80 a year) to $125 a year...$45 increase ($22.50 each six months equivalent).

I went from $105 6 months, which would be $210 1 year to $310 year. I’m going to save $60 now by removing Blog and Gallery from my license. 

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'm not overly bothered by that...however, it does mean I've got an additional $85 to account for in February. And it almost puts to rest any ideas I had to add Blogs to my package to further develop some of my apps for that application.

Appreciate you noticing that, for the most part, it's a slight increase and hopefully nothing game changing for you. Also noticed you said "almost" puts to rest. Phew! Don't give up on us; you're too talented!! 

I should have kept my face shut when I was suggesting Invision raise prices.

Dr House Oops GIF

But, in all seriousness I have no issue with the increase itself. But for a company that's apparently expert in all things communication, it's a bit weird to see it just dropped in there with a site redesign rather than pre-announcing it, emailing customers in advance or whatever else. 

The site does look waaaay better than it did though. 

Wow, are we allowed to sell our licenses?  If yes, I suspect there will be many available.

It's cheaper to buy new XenForo licenses than to renew.  

I run three hobby sites, I don't think I can afford this any longer.  To be honest, it feels like this is your market plan.  Over the years changes are made and we're told many people asked fox xyz, when there are no posts ever made about xyz.  Likely it's your high paying corporate accounts asking to add or remove these features.  I fear us small site aren't worth it any longer for you.

I recently renewed so I will be here a while longer, but I can't say I'll renew again.

Question on the Standard support, it says email support is available for one the first 30 days, does that mean after the 30 days is up we don't have email support anymore? It's confusing.

Support is available in our Community Forums. Email support is available for the first 30 days with a three-business-day response time.

20 minutes ago, nodle said:

Are these prices real? I just switched over from Xenforo because I thought their prices were high 

I've just been into my client area and removed my payment method. When the current sessions run out that's me done.  I can't afford these prices for what I get in return in terms of engagement. There are other options I can explore and am doing so right now.  I understand that the only thing that comes down is rain, but these price rises are chokingly high when the price was already on the expensive (but manageable) side 😞

13 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

it's a slight increase

Yeah, that slight increase works out at just over 50% when placed against my previous 6-monthly payment...that's not 'slight'. It's manageable, for me, but don't refer to it as 'slight'

13 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Phew! Don't give up on us; you're too talented!!

You really do get the wrong end of the stick a lot, don't you? And then others pick up on that, and things get lost.

Try reading the full statement I made, instead of just quoting 'almost':

And it almost puts to rest any ideas I had to add Blogs to my package to further develop some of my apps for that application.

It most likely puts an end to me purchasing Blogs, is what that means.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

30 minutes ago, nodle said:

Are these prices real? I just switched over from Xenforo because I thought their prices were high 😲

2.thumb.jpg.d15652055bf41ad9174513bc45faccf3.jpg1.jpg.4be20213e50b206931ac8bc824c70d0f.jpg

Yeah I feel you. It's a tough spot for us. We want to continue being innovative and expanding the platform; this was one of those routes we delayed taking because we never want to disappoint. In a year, as we continue to build, hopefully you all can see how we were able to further develop and grow thanks to you.