Member Map

Martin, I having issues importing members in my forum, i have done the profile sync and still nothing comes up in the member map. What is your suggestion for this. I can give you access to the ACP if needed to get this resolved. 

i would like to get all the info in this area in the member map. 

Untitled.png

8 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Re this update - Using a built in caching method rather than forcing it to use the file system. This appeared to be an issue with CiC clients.

Will file system caching be slower?

Previously it was only using file system, now it will use whatever storage method you've selected in your ACP settings. If you're using a caching engine it will now be stored there too, and should then be loaded faster than before.

4 minutes ago, Dubu said:

Hello Sorry for my English. Updated the map from 3.3.0 to the current version and noticed a flaw, the search stopped working. Country, city, address.

Shouldn't be any changes in that area between version 3.3 and the current. Try running the support tool in the ACP, and clear your browser cache.

Edited by Martin A.
On 10/8/2017 at 12:11 PM, jimkeypro said:

Martin, I having issues importing members in my forum, i have done the profile sync and still nothing comes up in the member map. What is your suggestion for this. I can give you access to the ACP if needed to get this resolved. 

I'm experiencing the same thing. Profile sync does nada with the existing Location field for members. I'm on the latest versions of IPB + Member Map. Fresh install of the plugin and everything just to rule that out and nada.

If I run the task manually it works however.

Edited by jmw253
On 10/30/2017 at 12:28 AM, JohnCourt said:

Good day folks, we are running latest versions both IP and Member Map, seems our members are having issues viewing member map with IE 11. They can view map with Edge, FF, Chrome and others, but not IE11. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

With all due respect, my experience with browsers instantly tells me that the problem is IE.  I think it's hands-down the worst browser out there - it routinely has problems with CSS and other code that other browsers have zero problems with.

Ideally you want your entire site completely compatible with every browser platform, but as long as Microsoft still insists on creating the web in its own obsolete image via Internet Exploder my advice would be to request your users use a real browser.  My two cents. :)

Edited by liquidfractal

Hi Martin,

The plugin I have for member map seems to cause this issue with the latest member map when someone tries to start a new topic

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\membermap\Application::getJsForMarkerForm() in /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/init.php(448) : eval()'d code on line 79

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably insignificant but I currently have the message Showing 1 markers on my map because language string membermap_showing_markers is Showing <span>0</span> markers rather using the pluralize function and the string Showing {# [1:marker][?:markers]}. It probably doesn't matter because it's unlikely that a map will have only one member for a long period of time but it's there if you're looking for bugs to squish.

On 9.11.2017 at 8:14 PM, JTHastings said:

Is it just me, I think the auto marker entry shows up in the member statistics as a "Last Post" date stamp (and not a last activity date stamp). Is there a way to prevent this from being flagged as a Last Post?

Where does this show up? A marker will show as a "post", as it is a content item, just like a post, calendar event, downloads file, etc.

On 16.11.2017 at 11:25 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

I want to showcase various  cowshed, schools, manged by a Trust

is it possible to have markers based on categories 

Yes. You can create multiple categories for your markers.

3 hours ago, Meddysong said:

This is probably insignificant but I currently have the message Showing 1 markers on my map because language string membermap_showing_markers is Showing <span>0</span> markers rather using the pluralize function and the string Showing {# [1:marker][?:markers]}. It probably doesn't matter because it's unlikely that a map will have only one member for a long period of time but it's there if you're looking for bugs to squish.

It's done like that because the number in the <span> is updated dynamically when the map is drawn.

Hi, 

Following the recent update all of my member markers are white rather than the various member group colours they are set to.  I have checked this in the APC and the colours are still set correctly, but the member map is not showing them.  They markers are barely visible on the maps now because of this.  Can't seem to find a setting to change this.  

http://www.caymanoc.com/membermap/

Thanks  

Nick