Member Map

6 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Make sure that the settings above that toggle is filled out/selected, especially the one that defines what profile field to look for. That setting will only turn itself off when all members are processed.

Can you tell me please — is it correct?

Settings 2017-09-29 12-33-10.png

19 hours ago, Martin A. said:

That was weird. I'm sure I did upload the new file, but I might have forgotten to update the version number. All good now.

Thank you, @Martin A.. I have two questions about the app if that is okay:

1). For weeks, my marker count has been stuck at 151, even though I have closer to 300 locations entered for members. I have members who have listed "Boston, MA" or "Redmond, WA" in their profiles under the custom field I have linked to your app - called Location. But the map has stopped picking up new markers. Is there a better way to pull location info from members? Can it just generate markers based on geo-lookup, so it doesn't need to rely on member input in a field?

Thank you again for providing a high level of support for your app!

Edited by 33andrain
2 hours ago, klierik said:

Why do you think so? It work perfect in all modern browsers (Safari Mac too)

Thank you for confirming that. I am updating my entire version of MacOS and will advise if the issue is fixed. Assume it will be.

Confirmed. Thanks, @klierik, for motivating me to do a long overdue MacOS update. :) 

Edited by 33andrain
9 hours ago, klierik said:

Can you tell me please — is it correct?

Settings 2017-09-29 12-33-10.png

That looks correct to me. Does it still shut itself off? I might need ACP access to get a closer look at this.

7 hours ago, 33andrain said:

Thank you, @Martin A.. I have two questions about the app if that is okay:

1). For weeks, my marker count has been stuck at 151, even though I have closer to 300 locations entered for members. I have members who have listed "Boston, MA" or "Redmond, WA" in their profiles under the custom field I have linked to your app - called Location. But the map has stopped picking up new markers. Is there a better way to pull location info from members? Can it just generate markers based on geo-lookup, so it doesn't need to rely on member input in a field?

Thank you again for providing a high level of support for your app!

Are you saying that you have nearly 300 members who've added their location to a profile field, but only 151 of them show up on the map? Have you turned on the "Import members without a map marker?" setting, or at least used that in the beginning to automatically add markers? 

I might need ACP access here too.

8 hours ago, Martin A. said:

That looks correct to me. Does it still shut itself off? I might need ACP access to get a closer look at this.

Are you saying that you have nearly 300 members who've added their location to a profile field, but only 151 of them show up on the map? Have you turned on the "Import members without a map marker?" setting, or at least used that in the beginning to automatically add markers? 

I might need ACP access here too.

Hi @Martin A.. I Definitely more than 151. May be helpful to concentrate and troubleshoot on just one of the members. He listed Redmond, WA as his "Location" in the custom field. However, his marker is not showing in the map. Yes, I select Import members without map marker frequently to catch any stragglers as they sign up.

Edited by 33andrain

Hi! Thanks for this nice app! 
It is overall working very well but since the upgrade to 3.4.2, I have a bug: it has become apparently impossible to browse the marker list. The list of groups appears, but when I click on it, it throws a server error (500).
To summarize, (mysite)/membermap/markers/ (and all the rest) seems ok but (mysite)/membermap/markers/group/1-members/ is not. (We use friendly URLs.)
I checked my db, the table ibf_membermap_markers_groups seems correct.
The PHP error logs reads: 

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method IPS\membermap\Markers\Groups::club() in /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/init.php(448) : eval()'d code on line 80

I don't see why clubs should interfere here but that's all I could catch from logs that seemed related to Member Map. 

I don't know if it is exactly related to the upgrade, or to some stuff I played with (creating other groups than the default "Members" and finally deleted it, modified some translations from the Language menu of the ACP...)

Many thanks if you have any idea about that! I'd prefer avoiding deleting and reinstalling the app to avoid losing all my community markers, as far as possible of course! (we started using the map recently, so, we could live with starting fresh over again if that's the only way!)

@SRFA Do you have any hooks installed that does something related to clubs? I can't find anywhere in my code where this error would trigger, and the file and line number in your error message indicate that it's coming from a hooks/plugin.

4 hours ago, jimkeypro said:

I am having an issue that no members shows up on the map now after the upgrade of IPS and MemberMap. Is there something i need to check? it is set to, Showing 0 markers but in Marker Groups, i have a group named Member and it has 341 members of it. 

Seeing any errors in your Javascript console? Send me your URL if you can't figure it out.

On 30.9.2017 at 5:37 AM, 33andrain said:

Hi @Martin A.. I Definitely more than 151. May be helpful to concentrate and troubleshoot on just one of the members. He listed Redmond, WA as his "Location" in the custom field. However, his marker is not showing in the map. Yes, I select Import members without map marker frequently to catch any stragglers as they sign up.

If the task was able to pick up "Redmond, WA", it should create a marker for him, as that does return a result from the search engine. As mentioned before, I need ACP access to efficiently debug this.

If you've enabled the setting to "Enable profile sync", a map marker should immediately be created or updated when the profile is edited. 

2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

@SRFA Do you have any hooks installed that does something related to clubs? I can't find anywhere in my code where this error would trigger, and the file and line number in your error message indicate that it's coming from a hooks/plugin

Indeed, I use Adriano's Clubs Enhancements, version 1.0.16.1 (last release) and I probably upgraded it more or less at the same time.

18 hours ago, Martin A. said:

If the task was able to pick up "Redmond, WA", it should create a marker for him, as that does return a result from the search engine. As mentioned before, I need ACP access to efficiently debug this.

If you've enabled the setting to "Enable profile sync", a map marker should immediately be created or updated when the profile is edited. 

Thanks @Martin A.. The member from Redmond, WA just one known and easy example, but there are dozens of members not being picked up by the Member Map at this point. I will PM you separately with AdminCP and more details about the Redmond, WA user. I appreciate you looking into the issue!

On 4.10.2017 at 5:52 AM, Cruizin said:

@Martin A. Do you have any instructions on how to configure the mapquest api on their website? Im liek completely lost with all of the options. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Register a free account. After you've verified your email address and logged in, you go to "Manage Keys". Not sure if you create a key during the registration process, or not. If you did not click the button to create a new one. Then click the only item on the list to expand it. The key you want to copy to the Member Map settings is the one labeled "Consumer Key".
MapQuest_Developer_Network___Manage_Keys___MapQuest_Developer_Network.thumb.png.bcb5ad152634035a7ea16c02f7afb8d5.png

On 4.10.2017 at 9:13 PM, hege said:

Hello,
One user can not see the map only empty space. What could be wrong?
Regards

Ask them if they can check the Javascript console in the browser. If the page is blank it's because an error was thrown.

Edited by Martin A.