Member Map

22 hours ago, abetts said:

I'm getting this new, there's new ones all the time and they're often the same person! 

Right, and that's why your cache is constantly building. Disable the sync option. I guess it keeps updating existing markers, and that re-pushes it to the search index and forces a cache rebuild.

Edited by Martin A.
1 hour ago, Reality Capture Experts said:

So I have Installed Member map and It worked great for me adding my location, but when other visit it I get an email with " error #4MM5/2 Sorry there is a problem"  any idea what this is?

That is an error message that should say to you, as an administrator visiting that page, that the MapQuest API key is missing. How you were able to add a location is a mystery.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:16 PM, Archimed said:

Great work, soon 1 000 localisation : https://www.internazionale.fr/forums/membermap/

Can you add an option who can disabled auto zoom when we scroll up and down the page ? It will be nice if we should put a key to scroll on the map and not just scroll up and down. 

To what purpose?  I can understand why Google Maps does it when the map is embedded, as it is then often surrounded by text. There is a plugin for the mapping library that forces you to click on the map or hover over a area to activate the map. See example here: http://cliffcloud.github.io/Leaflet.Sleep/#summary

On 5/17/2018 at 7:12 PM, sound said:

looks like you may need to update the report call ?

eg

from

{{if $marker->canReport() }}

to 
 {{if $marker->canReportOrRevoke() === TRUE}}

Thanks. Fixed today with 3.5.1.

Hi,

I can't install the last version 3.5.1 on 2 different communities. I have the following error:

1C133/9 1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Is there a problem with the archive?

Edited by odevriese
54 minutes ago, odevriese said:

Hi,

I can't install the last version 3.5.1 on 2 different communities. I have the following error:

1C133/9 1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

This might be a stupid question, but you did extract the zip file you downloaded, and then uploaded the membermap.tar file to your communities?

10 hours ago, odevriese said:

Yes, I did extract the zip file and uploaded the tar one.

Then I'm not sure why it fails. Can you take a look in the error log too? And perhaps try a different application?

I've just installed this successfully on two different servers.

11 hours ago, fix3r said:

@Martin A. will donations expedite the implementation of automatic GEOIP Members Pin additions to the map ? i have 3,000 members and 100 pins on the map ... it is counter productive. 

The way it should be set up is the user has an Opt out option feature but is automatically opt'ed in

With GDPR watching over all of us right now, there is no way I can do this legally with the default being opt-in. I would think a horizontal widget for those who don't have a marker, or where the marker hasn't been updated in a while will be just as powerful. 

The lack of pins in your map boils down to marketing and making users aware of the feature. Force adding unaware users is not the solution.

Edited by Martin A.
23 hours ago, odevriese said:

Hi,

chown the files as apache.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 9:44 AM, svit said:

It is working for me: http://www.cechoslovaci.com/membermap/ ?

@svit just checked your sitemap for markers since you had your site listed in this topic and you have the same thing happening with your markers sitemap.  Check Google webmaster tools for invalid date errors on your sitemap. Must be something with 4.3 and how the sitemap is generated with adding the <lastmod> tag.

<lastmod>1970-01-01T04:00:00+04:00</lastmod> 

On 6/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Is anyone else having an issue where the sitemap for some of the markers is showing an invalid date?

<lastmod>1969-12-31T19:00:00-05:00</lastmod>

Can you run this query for me? 

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM membermap_markers WHERE marker_last_comment < 1 OR marker_last_comment IS NULL

"marker_last_comment" should be the same as "marker_created" is there are no comments on the marker. This is set by the framework upon creation, so there might have been a bug in the past.