Member Map

Pretty cool. :)

Is there any way to set the default zoom level? When I go to the map, it's zoomed in pretty far, there's no one else in my immediate neighborhood.

How about showing some other info on the little member popup? Is that controllable?

Are there any plans to add FURL support?

Pretty cool. :)

Is there any way to set the default zoom level? When I go to the map, it's zoomed in pretty far, there's no one else in my immediate neighborhood.

How about showing some other info on the little member popup? Is that controllable?

Are there any plans to add FURL support?

The zoom level is set automatically so it includes all markers, the more that are added the further apart the more it will zoom out.

What sort of information do you think would be useful in the pop-up ?

I'm not sure I saw much point for FURLS apart from /membermap/ There's not really any other pages to it.

I just installed this on my forum--should be fun. Can you please add the ability to remove the Invision location? I don't really need to see that in my map. Also, it would be cool if there was a way to set the location of the forum itself and have it highlighted with a different color pin/icon.

I've had a report already that the Member Map does not work properly in IE8. I haven't tried it myself in browsers other than Firefox just yet.

..Al

I just installed this on my forum--should be fun. Can you please add the ability to remove the Invision location? I don't really need to see that in my map. Also, it would be cool if there was a way to set the location of the forum itself and have it highlighted with a different color pin/icon.

I've had a report already that the Member Map does not work properly in IE8. I haven't tried it myself in browsers other than Firefox just yet.

..Al

:whistle: You can remove that in the skin file. You'll see it ;). Hope you opened the info window :ph34r:

I've tested it myself in IE8, so would be grateful to see what issues there may be there. Could you send me your URL, I'll have a look at it now in Ie8.

I think the idea about the extra marker could be part of the earlier suggestion of having some custom markers defined by an admin.

You do not have permission to view the member map 

Why? Need I that "API" key? I can't get it. I sign in but everytime when I generate code I HAVE TO sign in again and again. Sometimes I really hate google.

You need to set the permissions for you to view it, either in Group permissions, or under the applications acp section.

:whistle: You can remove that in the skin file. You'll see it ;). Hope you opened the info window :ph34r:

What info window are you referring to?

I've tested it myself in IE8, so would be grateful to see what issues there may be there. Could you send me your URL, I'll have a look at it now in Ie8.

Sure, here is a link:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=membermap

I've given Guests permission to view the map.

..Al

Yes, instead of that now I get this

The API Key for your map service is empty. Please correct this in your ACP. 

But what I wrote above I can't get it. When I generate that key I am redirected to login page although I am logged IN!

Hmm, I guess that's something on Google's end then, have you tried using a different browser to generate the api key ?

Would it be possible to have some way to zoom into a particular pin? Such as double-clicking it, or adding a link to the Info box that would allow you to do that? Right now it's pretty cumbersome to try and zoom into a particular pin. Even being able to double-click the pin to center the map on it would help (since you could then zoom in more easily).

..Al

Would it be possible to have some way to zoom into a particular pin? Such as double-clicking it, or adding a link to the Info box that would allow you to do that? Right now it's pretty cumbersome to try and zoom into a particular pin. Even being able to double-click the pin to center the map on it would help (since you could then zoom in more easily).

..Al

Just had a quick look on the Google Api site, that should be a real easy addition. I'll get that one in for the next Beta/RC.

The zoom level is set automatically so it includes all markers, the more that are added the further apart the more it will zoom out.

What sort of information do you think would be useful in the pop-up ?

I'm not sure I saw much point for FURLS apart from /membermap/ There's not really any other pages to it.

I think maybe the group name, and maybe the joined date? Just some common info about that member.

And yeah, just /membermap/ would be fine, it's very minor, but I like seeing those URLs as opposed to the ?app= ones.

There's an unused function which can lead to an error at ?app=membermap&module=membermap&section=map&action=images.

I have a few more feature suggestions too, if you don't mind. For the Admin side, it'd be nice if the settings were linked from the apps main menu, instead of having to go to the settings page. Admin options to remove member's markers would be good too. I think I'd rather the pictures shown when clicking on a marker were the profile pics instead of avatars. Since this is about where the members actually are at, I thinking showing their actual pic makes more sense. I also like the idea of an Admin being able to add additional icons. Could be cool for like setting a marker for a meetup or something? I'd probably never do that, but it'd be nice.