Member Map

You'll need to add a class publicSessions__membermap to the /extensions/coreExtensions.php file. It's been reported to me that when people go to the Online list and someone is in the Member Map, they're getting this error:

Fatal error: Class 'publicSessions__membermap' not found in /home/mccune/public_html/forums/***/applications/members/modules_public/online/online.php on line 250

Added that to my list of bug fixes/enchancements

I know about that, Michaels post a couple pages back will fix that. It will be included in Beta 2 though.

Sorry, i have just see it....:whistle:
Perfect for fix in beta 2, Thanks:thumbsup:

For the translation, i've just find in membermap skin, for title page for exemple, and add/delete button and other.... is there another files to translate, for exemple :

Are you sure you want to delete your Map Location?

Your location has been deleted.

when i delete location

and :

Your location has been added to the map.

whan i add location
and other not see.....

Le_Bodyguard,

Those messages are in the PHP files, I am planning on implementing Language support for the next beta (hopefully).

Those strings are in admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php

I'm not seeing the error in the online list and I know there are members in the Members Map who are online. Is it not consistent?

..Al

I think it's only under certain circumstances, something that does need to be added to beta 2 anyway.

Le_Bodyguard,

Those messages are in the PHP files, I am planning on implementing Language support for the next beta (hopefully).

Those strings are in admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php

Ok, thanks, and perfect for implementing Language support:thumbsup:

I think it's only under certain circumstances,

yes, i have not the error at every clic member online by name.

Hurry up, I've been waiting fur Beta 2 before I try this puppy out. [img]

[/img]

Why ?

A quick Google brings up a few big sites that are using it already !

Thanks to Michael for the code in the above patch.

The Resources download has been rebuilt with the patch included.

Here's a suggestion. Allow the admin to alternatively put the member map link in the user panel (drop down menu associated with the name). The link could probably be set to go directly to the persons location (or prompt to add a location upon visiting), so it'd be more of a "Manage My Map" or something. Also perhaps placing something within the users CP. The idea would be to let the admin remove the link from the primary navigation bar, but still have it accessible in other ways.

Also, adding the member map 'permissions' within the member groups instead of being based on the permission matrix. Just a thought, as I can always make a new permission mask, just would be easier to let some groups have access and others not, even if they have the same permission sets.

Here's a suggestion. Allow the admin to alternatively put the member map link in the user panel (drop down menu associated with the name). The link could probably be set to go directly to the persons location (or prompt to add a location upon visiting), so it'd be more of a "Manage My Map" or something. Also perhaps placing something within the users CP. The idea would be to let the admin remove the link from the primary navigation bar, but still have it accessible in other ways.

We'll see what happens in future, I'm hoping the way that tabs are plugged in might change in 3.1 or 3.1.1.

Also, adding the member map 'permissions' within the member groups instead of being based on the permission matrix. Just a thought, as I can always make a new permission mask, just would be easier to let some groups have access and others not, even if they have the same permission sets.

The permissions are per mask... if you go into your permissions and set it up for a group, there is a second page to your normal permissions. with permissions for that mask. The application page has a complete matrix.

We'll see what happens in future, I'm hoping the way that tabs are plugged in might change in 3.1 or 3.1.1.

The permissions are per mask... if you go into your permissions and set it up for a group, there is a second page to your normal permissions. with permissions for that mask. The application page has a complete matrix.

I mean basing it on member group rather than permission group.

One more, i have applied, and work good :thumbsup:

Where and what file edit for have the friend marker Google in green with "F" (friend) substitute with a "C" for contact, please?

Thanks

In mapGoogleJavascript

find:

greenIcon.image = "http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_pin_letter&chld=F|00E141|000000";

change to

greenIcon.image = "http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_pin_letter&chld=C|00E141|000000";

You probably want to find a better way to do this:

<foreach loop="$markers as $marker">

<php>

$friend = IPSMember::checkFriendStatus( $marker['memberId'] );

$member = IPSMember::load($marker['memberId'], 'profile_portal');

$avatar = IPSMember::buildAvatar( $member );

</php>

Doing the IPSMember::load function on each iteration of a loop is adding an extra query for each member it has to load. Would probably be better to try and find all members you need to load and do that function once to load all of them. I just noticed this issue because I was getting 22 queries on this page.

I get this error but when i click ok on the pop up it seems to work fine what have i done wrong? How exactly is my api key supposed to be typed in?

This web site needs a different Google Maps API key. A new key can be generated at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/.