Member Map

Hello!

I installed the Map and everthing is really fine thank you so much!

But i found one "Bug" now... If 2 Users enter the same Adress like "Austria Vienna" one pin is over the other Pin so you cant see the second Member?

Is there any way to show every Member with one Adress?

Kind regards,

Markus

I'll look at that in a future version :thumbsup:

got it working for the admin, sets and see's map..

members see a grey wrapper with no map. setting the location makes no different, checked to make sure that the permissions were correct...

thoughts...:blink:

Sounds like a javascript issue, can you send me your URL ?

Thank you!

A nice feature will be a little Search above the Map to search for a Member to show his Pin on the Map.

Kind regards,

Markus

Or clickable member names along the bottom, clicking takes you to their pin..

Not an original idea, used to be a Google Map mod that did that on my 2nd favourite forum software ;)

Great mod, I particularly liked the auto update it did too - Sweet!

Sounds like a javascript issue, can you send me your URL ?

Turns out it was the diff between single and double quotes, my system was double. this will be fixed in the next release i am told...

all is working correctly, great mod...

would be nice to have an option to email or pm a member with the newly created address'

just a thought...

Turns out it was the diff between single and double quotes, my system was double. this will be fixed in the next release i am told...

all is working correctly, great mod...

would be nice to have an option to email or pm a member with the newly created address'

just a thought...

Once notifications are finalised, notifications will be there to notify your friends of location changes.

Just installed the latest beta on my board (3.0.5). Works like a charm so far!

I would love to see a few things:

• Admin ability to add map markers for members. e.g. - Admin adds marker, when member logs in, they already see the "Update my location" option because a marker has already been added for them.
  • Admin ability to add map markers for points of interest. (meeting spots, supporting vendor locations, etc.)
  • Ability to get directions

Anything outside of that would be a bonus! Sent a little something to your paypal. :)

well i got problem on 3.0.2 ipb

wheen i click on add localization i get nothing on FF on IE8 i got error:

"to template replacements" is empty or it is not an object

(line 28)

It seems that would be something to do with IP.board itself, not the modification. Many people have translated the modification using 3.0.5, you might want to upgrade.

Just installed the latest beta on my board (3.0.5). Works like a charm so far!

I would love to see a few things:

• Admin ability to add map markers for members. e.g. - Admin adds marker, when member logs in, they already see the "Update my location" option because a marker has already been added for them.
  • Admin ability to add map markers for points of interest. (meeting spots, supporting vendor locations, etc.)
  • Ability to get directions

Anything outside of that would be a bonus! Sent a little something to your paypal. :)

Wow thank you, I really appreciate that :thumbsup:

• Admin ability to add map markers for members. e.g. - Admin adds marker, when member logs in, they already see the "Update my location" option because a marker has already been added for them. - What would be the point of this exactly? You also have to look at the fact that user might not want their location on a map.
  • Admin ability to add map markers for points of interest. - Should be in Next Version
  • Ability to get directions - I presume so the user can click another marker and generate directions to it ?

It seems that would be something to do with IP.board itself, not the modification. Many people have translated the modification using 3.0.5, you might want to upgrade.

Wow thank you, I really appreciate that :thumbsup:

• Admin ability to add map markers for members. e.g. - Admin adds marker, when member logs in, they already see the "Update my location" option because a marker has already been added for them. - What would be the point of this exactly? You also have to look at the fact that user might not want their location on a map.
  • Admin ability to add map markers for points of interest. - Should be in Next Version
  • Ability to get directions - I presume so the user can click another marker and generate directions to it ?

1.) For instance if we already had something similar to this in place, and we wanted to transfer their location over to the new map without having to ask the user to enter their information again. In my case only official members of our group have access to the map, so most willingly share this information. I see your point though. Feel free to use your own discretion on this one.
2.) Thank you!
3.) Precisely.

Thanks again, really looking forward to watching this modification grow!

1.) For instance if we already had something similar to this in place, and we wanted to transfer their location over to the new map without having to ask the user to enter their information again. In my case only official members of our group have access to the map, so most willingly share this information. I see your point though. Feel free to use your own discretion on this one.

2.) Thank you!

3.) Precisely.

Thanks again, really looking forward to watching this modification grow!

Thanks for the support. #3 will need some thinking about, it won't feature in 1.0 though.

Stuart

Looking forward to the new version with the ability to add in markers of locations :)

Directions would be awesome :) especially for manually added locations, which is likely to be the most common need for them. Can't see them of being much use for directions to other members, as these markers are unlikely to be exact.