Member Map

Yes it's definately possible, as I say you would need a custom task to do that. The problem building something like that into the application is that people won't have the exact same custom fields for the exact same piece of data, so it's much easier to do it through a custom task.

skin_membermap -> mapGoogleJavascript

remove

$htmlContent

Okay. before I do this an hose up the whole works here, do I delete JUST $htmlContent ? This is what I see:

$htmlContent = base64_decode('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');

Soniceffect, see this post:

[u]Bug Fix[/u]

Quirk: You can't any any location west of Texas.

Run in PhpMyAdmin or Mysql Toolbox

ALTER TABLE ibf_member_map MODIFY lat FLOAT( 10, 6 ), MODIFY lon FLOAT( 10, 6 );

change ibf_ for the prefix you use if different. - Thanks to AtariAge for finding this one.

Two suggestions:

1) In the balloon, include the member's location.

2) Include a list to the right of the map of members who have added their location. When you click on a member's name, zoom in and open the balloon.

These are both excellent ideas and get my vote!!

..Al

[size="1"](Warning: noob questions)[/size]

[list=1]

[*]Does this take locations people input themselves? [*]If so, can google handle the first 3 numbers of the zip code? [*]Anyway to determine location via IP?

[/list]

[*]Yep [*]I don't think so, I just tested with a partial US zip code. Pretty much anything that works in Google Maps will work in this map [*]Nope, it's an extremely poor way of guessing a location, unless you want a very rough location. I think you would need access to a geo IP service such as maxmind.com for that too.

So whose leg do I have to hump to get you to consider using member group settings as opposed to permissions? I feel that it would give more control to the admin over who can access it or not. Of course, using both would give even more control... :D

Stoo, told you!! :D

..Al

I have update in beta 2, but when i clic on a marker map member, i have juste the image avatar, not name (clic and redirected profil) and not "Info Window contains User Group and UserPopup"......

I'm using firefox 3.6.2, IE8 and windows Seven.

You need to revert your template modifications since the templates now use the language system.