Member Map

Hi.

Recently (like yesterday) defected from SMF where I had a Google Members Map and saw this :)

I must be overlooking something really simple, or 24hrs admin on IPB is not enough :blush: , but..

Got Google API key, and entered it.
Set Perms for Admins etc

But when I click on Member Map tab I get a "[#1901] You do not have permission to view the member map" message.

Tried reinstalling and no joy, any pointers at to what I missed please?

Ta.

Rog.

Hi.

Recently (like yesterday) defected from SMF where I had a Google Members Map and saw this :)

I must be overlooking something really simple, or 24hrs admin on IPB is not enough :blush: , but..

Got Google API key, and entered it.

Set Perms for Admins etc

But when I click on Member Map tab I get a "[#1901] You do not have permission to view the member map" message.

Tried reinstalling and no joy, any pointers at to what I missed please?

Ta.

Rog.

Login to your admin area, click 'My Apps' then click 'IP.Board Member Map'.

This page displays a permission matrix for the application, make sure that is set up properly.

Would be cool if you could use custom profiles fields to pull a users location. Then when they visit the map they have the option to make there location visible, hide or update (if they dont have a location set)

Along with the location, I would like users to be able to filter results based on other custom profile fields.

Login to your admin area, click 'My Apps' then click 'IP.Board Member Map'.

This page displays a permission matrix for the application, make sure that is set up properly.

need to click on the apps tab in the admin cp .. go down to member maps and set permissions from there

Did that so many times I could do it with my eyes closed!

But, ever optimistic I did it again and.. voila! the perms stuck this time (Each time I went back to check they had cleared, is that a bug?).

Sweet :)

Would be cool if you could use custom profiles fields to pull a users location. Then when they visit the map they have the option to make there location visible, hide or update (if they dont have a location set)

Along with the location, I would like users to be able to filter results based on other custom profile fields.

Same here, I use custom profile fields for users where they enter their physical address. I have separate cusom fields for street address, city, state, and zip. I would love to use those as default for some user groups and have them automatically display. then they can manually update it if needed vis their custom profile fields.

Would also be neat to have a Google zip code/location search to find members in a certain area.

Did that so many times I could do it with my eyes closed!

But, ever optimistic I did it again and.. voila! the perms stuck this time (Each time I went back to check they had cleared, is that a bug?).

Sweet :)

I would of thought that if it was broken it would be broken every time you tried it. Not had any other reports for that yet.

Same here, I use custom profile fields for users where they enter their physical address. I have separate cusom fields for street address, city, state, and zip. I would love to use those as default for some user groups and have them automatically display. then they can manually update it if needed vis their custom profile fields.

Would also be neat to have a Google zip code/location search to find members in a certain area.

A task would probably work easiest then, to pull your address data together and get the co-ordinates from Google. Then put it in the membermap database table.

Mind you I can also see a fair percentage of people putting a fake location in the system - a few remote islands may suddenly get forum residents LOL

I'm gonna be using, "1600 Pennsylvania Ave, zip 20500" as my address. If anyone has any hate mail for me, send it there. Be sure to address it to Mr. President.

There's a nice view here... Just look for the red color in the center and you'll see it.

A task would probably work easiest then, to pull your address data together and get the co-ordinates from Google. Then put it in the membermap database table.

Yes, I suppose that would work best as long as I could identify the tables to pull from and if not enough info is provided..skip the row or something.

Yes, I suppose that would work best as long as I could identify the tables to pull from and if not enough info is provided..skip the row or something.

The geocode function in /sources/classes/google.php will return a string error if the address cannot be matched, or if some other problem occurs.

How can I add my location ? :ermm:

I click on button and shows a popup to type something... nothing happens. Loading... loading...

One more*>_<

Any Javascript errors?

No error

*P.S: it is work for France location? or change database sql to do make? ("ALTER TABLE ibf_member_map MODIFY lat FLOAT( 10, 6 ), MODIFY lon FLOAT( 10, 6 )")

One more*>_<

No error

*P.S: it is work for France location? or change database sql to do make? ("ALTER TABLE ibf_member_map MODIFY lat FLOAT( 10, 6 ), MODIFY lon FLOAT( 10, 6 )")

You will need to make the database change or alter the sql file prior to installing.

You will need to make the database change or alter the sql file prior to installing.

Where and how I do this. And what change, where?
Thanks

Anyone there who can say WHERE [img=public/style_emoticons/default/excl.gif] and WHAT [img=public/style_emoticons/default/excl.gif] we must delete in the skin to remove the invision marker? :blink:

One more:)

What I meant is that if there is a field that is blank in the db, not to use that members info...when the task runs.

Yes it's definately possible, as I say you would need a custom task to do that. The problem building something like that into the application is that people won't have the exact same custom fields for the exact same piece of data, so it's much easier to do it through a custom task.

Anyone there who can say WHERE (!) and WHAT (!) we must delete in the skin to remove the invision marker? :blink:

skin_membermap -> mapGoogleJavascript

remove

$htmlContent

Where and how I do this. And what change, where?

Thanks

One more:)

I have just uploaded a rebuilt zip, if you use that to install it will fix the database field issue. It shouldn't affect users in France though. What issue were you having trying to add a location ?

Stuart

I have just uploaded a rebuilt zip, if you use that to install it will fix the database field issue. It shouldn't affect users in France though. What issue were you having trying to add a location ?

Stuart

I have inunstall and install mod with the rebuilt zip (thanks), and ever the same "error".
I'm in france, i'm indicated "Clermont-Ferrand" (center France), "Save" and i have ajax message : "Loading...." and nothing....
Loading, and no error message..... and no validate choice location......

I have inunstall and install mod with the rebuilt zip (thanks), and ever the same "error".

I'm in france, i'm indicated "Clermont-Ferrand" (center France), "Save" and i have ajax message : "Loading...." and nothing....

Loading, and no error message..... and no validate choice location......

Do you have an URL where I could sign in and try it ? It could be that your web host isn't allowing outbound requests, although that should show you an error if that is the case.

When i clic on the active user list on forum "Show by: Member Name" i have this error :

[color="#000000"]Fatal error: Class 'publicSessions__membermap' not found in /home/www/f35b040c3e5dcf8058f5a54414b33edb/web/forum/admin/applications/members/modules_public/online/online.php on line 250

[/color]

But no error with "Last Click"
???:unsure:

When i clic on the active user list on forum "Show by: Member Name" i have this error :

[color="#000000"]But no error with "[/color]Last Click"

???:unsure:

Yeah. I know about that, Michaels post a couple pages back will fix that. It will be included in Beta 2 though.