Member Map

Thanks for the update :) Looking great.... however......

Now my members would like a way to do the following....

1) have custom marker pins - i.e. different logos - or perhaps using the wording on blank ones.

and perhaps more importantly

2) the ability to only show certain groups of custom markers. So just like the show friends link, have some way to just show group A or group B of the markers - we will have over 1,000 custom markers in the UK, so the ability to show just one of the 20 odd groups would be a great advantage.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update :) Looking great.... however......

Now my members would like a way to do the following....

1) have custom marker pins - i.e. different logos - or perhaps using the wording on blank ones.

and perhaps more importantly

2) the ability to only show certain groups of custom markers. So just like the show friends link, have some way to just show group A or group B of the markers - we will have over 1,000 custom markers in the UK, so the ability to show just one of the 20 odd groups would be a great advantage.

Thanks.

1) at the moment only Google pins are supported.
2) I will try to have a look at this for future versions, I want to add more user control to the markers.

/public/style_images/master/notifications/notify_map_add.png is missing ;)

Just re-packed the main download to include the image, thanks for noticing that.

Thank you. I am trying this. I have it installed but do not see the link for the Googlemaps API stuff or have any idea where I'd put it if I had it. I see no instructions in my download. Am I blind?

goto your ACP, you will be in the system tab, choose system settings under Tools & Settings, choose the ip.member.map tab and you will have two places to configure.... :rolleyes:

Hi there,

if I've more than one user in a town (but with seperate addresses) the map is showing the latest user. Is there a solution?

If they are in the exact same position the last one will appear on top. if they are nearby as you zoom in they will seperate.

I do want to merge these in future so they merge into one marker.

As a future request, I would like to have the option to place the pin on the map, without having to choose a specific adress.
Or just putting down the exact long and lat of a place.

This is due to the fact, that most my members live somewhere Google has not got the street adresses 100% correct yet.

Would this be possible to do in future versions?

"Custom Markers" don't seem to work for me, when clicking on it in the ACP I get: "There appears to be an error with the database" (and the database check shows what .Ian has posted).

Anyway, nice application, thank you!

Can you PM me ACP access at all ?

I'd like to take a look at that.

it will take a reference such as 56.539398,0.766765

I get this when uptting in your example-coordinates:

* Here are the locations that matched your search, please click one of them.

* North Sea

* Europe

And even with very exact coordinates, the locations to choose from are sometimes 25+ km off the exact spot.
Does the "choosing place" have to popup when inserting coordinates? Shouldn