Member Map

Custom markers works fine now. Great...

Trying to see if I can find a solution to my members problems with living in the forrest outside the small village. :)

can they find their location on maps.google.com - if they can then it should work on your member map.

can they find their location on maps.google.com - if they can then it should work on your member map.

Well, most of them can find their closest village, but not more than that. So I have asked the ones that are very annoyed with the position being off, to send me a PM with their position and I will edit it in the database.

Another future feature request...

* A list with all the members in the map - clickable, so you go to the members position when clicked.

* Default zoom and position? Is this possible? So admin can set the default zoom and position of the map. Like in my case we have some funny members who wish to put the pins as far away from the other members pins, so we get a full world-map, instead of a zoomed in one. As we only allow pins in Thailand, but one or two members put their pins in say Canada for fun. Ya, you know how I mean.

:blush:

Another future feature request...

* A list with all the members in the map - clickable, so you go to the members position when clicked.

That is something I do want to look at.

* Default zoom and position? Is this possible? So admin can set the default zoom and position of the map. Like in my case we have some funny members who wish to put the pins as far away from the other members pins, so we get a full world-map, instead of a zoomed in one. As we only allow pins in Thailand, but one or two members put their pins in say Canada for fun. Ya, you know how I mean.

:blush:

I think that will be better suited as a template modification.

just change

map.setCenter(bounds.getCenter(), map.getBoundsZoomLevel(bounds));

to

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(<latitude>, <longitude>), <zoom_level>);

in mapGoogleJavascript

I think that will be better suited as a template modification.

I think it would be a great idea to be able to specify the starting coordinates and how far to zoom into it.

I just upgraded from 1.00 beta2 to the current version.
Looks to work, but when I try the custom markers option in the admin control panel, I get an database error. I checked, both tables, member_map_cmarkers and member_map_cmarkers_groups are in the database, and empty

IP.Board Version v3.0.5 (ID:30012)
MYSQL Version MYSQL 5.0.32-Debian_7etch12-log
PHP Version 5.2.0-8+etch16 (cgi-fcgi) ( PHP INFO )

I just upgraded from 1.00 beta2 to the current version.

Looks to work, but when I try the custom markers option in the admin control panel, I get an database error. I checked, both tables, member_map_cmarkers and member_map_cmarkers_groups are in the database, and empty

IP.Board Version v3.0.5 (ID:30012)

MYSQL Version MYSQL 5.0.32-Debian_7etch12-log

PHP Version 5.2.0-8+etch16 (cgi-fcgi) ( PHP INFO )

Could you provide a copy of /cache/sql_debug_06_28_10.cgi?

Is there a way for the Admin's to add multiple address's?

I run a motorcycle website and I would like to add the brands dealership's to the map.
It would also be nice to have these locations have a different marker from the rest so people would know it was a dealership and not a member's location.

Is there a way for the Admin's to add multiple address's?

I run a motorcycle website and I would like to add the brands dealership's to the map.

It would also be nice to have these locations have a different marker from the rest so people would know it was a dealership and not a member's location.

Yep!, that's what the custom marker feature is for, you can define a group say 'dealerships' then add multiple locations to that group so they have the same style marker.