Member Map

stoo2000 please add different markers for each group.

Noted.

Is it possible to choose to load the map in hybrid or satelite view by default (file edit)?

Yes, you'd need to add something like this:

map.setMapType(G_SATELLITE_MAP);

How do I remove Member Map from my board menu? I don't want the modification disabled. I have the link in my dropdown menu so I don't want to see it on my board. See screenshot.

The same way you do it for any other application, if you go to manage applicats & hooks, and edit the application, you will have the option to hide the public tab.

ok, I've been through every post on here and someone did ask before about not being able to add their locations, the advice given was you have to create custome marker first etc. I've tried to do this but when I click add address, it doesn't let me do anything. Is this a Google call, board version issue (3.0.2) or app issue? I guessing its not the latter since other people have it working...

Thanks in advance

ok, I've been through every post on here and someone did ask before about not being able to add their locations, the advice given was you have to create custome marker first etc. I've tried to do this but when I click add address, it doesn't let me do anything. Is this a Google call, board version issue (3.0.2) or app issue? I guessing its not the latter since other people have it working...

Thanks in advance

im sat in london at the moment when I get home ill have a look at it for you

Ok, thanks, perfect....:thumbsup:
But i have another problem... when i complete a custom marker in "marker description", i tape "enter" after the first line, and write another line under-it, i click "edit" button...
I go on my member map, information in marker are ok, but, if i re-edit my marker, when i open i have the "<br/> code each line, and it's appear on marker description in member map, not good...
what can i do...

Ok, thanks, perfect....:thumbsup:

But i have another problem... when i complete a custom marker in "marker description", i tape "enter" after the first line, and write another line under-it, i click "edit" button...

I go on my member map, information in marker are ok, but, if i re-edit my marker, when i open i have the "<br/> code each line, and it's appear on marker description in member map, not good...

what can i do...

That sounds like a bug to me, I'll take a look at it when I get a minute.

Hi,

I posted a link to my own member mod a long time ago in this topic and I'm thinking of switching over to your member map at some time because its better integrated, probably when its compatible with Streetview and Wiki, Photo layers etc if it isn't already and has different colour markers per member group if possible.
http://millennium-th..._member_map.php

In order to move over to your member map, I would need to move over the lat and lng decimal degrees coordinates that some of my members have entered into custom profile fields on my existing board (that's all they had do to to appear on my map).

In ib_pfields_content there are two fileds: field_9 and field_10 that hold my members existing map lat and lng coordinates.

When I install your member map add-on, I'd prefer to keep the members existing markers rather than ask them to set themselves up from scratch again, is it possible to set these members up on your map by somehow importing or copying/pasting these 2 fields into your database fields? Or is there more to it with your member map?

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Stoo

I have installed this application on my website. Though the map is showing but its not catching the members locations. Another words its not working. At the bottom it always shows 0 Users, 0 Custom Markers Shown. Please help me to make it work. I had fed the google maps API key also in the settings. Pl. check the problem on my website at this link http://www.dilsedesi.org/forums/index.php?app=membermap. I will be greatful for any friends help.

Luv & Regards
Rajesh Kainth
Owner
www.dilsedesi.org

Dear Stoo

Thanx for your reply, but when I click " Add Your Location" button, I dont get any options for adding location. I have set permissions On for Adding and Updating Locations for the Admin Group, Members and even guests. But still its not working. Pls. Help.

Rajesh Kainth

Hi Rajesh,

Can you PM me with some access details so I can login and have a look?

Thanks
Stuart