Member Map

Yep!, that's what the custom marker feature is for, you can define a group say 'dealerships' then add multiple locations to that group so they have the same style marker.

WHere do I do that?

Ok, I found where to add the group marker ... but where is it that I am able to add the locations?

Thanks

I'll just give this donate link a quick bump. By no means do you have to donate, so don't let me force you into it :)

[s]WHere do I do that?[/s]

Ok, I found where to add the group marker ... but where is it that I am able to add the locations?

Glad you sorted it (via PM) Edited by stoo2000

* When editing a location, if the description has line breaks in it (ie, pressing enter), they are converted to <br />'s and if they're not changed, then they will appear as <br />'s in the map.

* Address not shown after saving and re-opening a location.

* After adding an address, the prompt doesn't change from "Add" to "Update"

* Any way to be able to sort the locations alphabetically vs order added?

* Would be nice to be able to edit the location types (info, accommodations, etc). I'd like to add "Amusement Parks" or just "Parks", as well as "Cities", etc.

*Condensing the list of locations to only show the category and how many locations are in it would be nice. Then click on the category to open it up and be able to edit locations from within there.

* When editing a location, if the description has line breaks in it (ie, pressing enter), they are converted to <br />'s and if they're not changed, then they will appear as <br />'s in the map.

* Address not shown after saving and re-opening a location.

* After adding an address, the prompt doesn't change from "Add" to "Update"

* Any way to be able to sort the locations alphabetically vs order added?

* Would be nice to be able to edit the location types (info, accommodations, etc). I'd like to add "Amusement Parks" or just "Parks", as well as "Cities", etc.

*Condensing the list of locations to only show the category and how many locations are in it would be nice. Then click on the category to open it up and be able to edit locations from within there.

Some good suggestions there, I'll keep a note of them.

One thing regarding this:

Those location types are purely the names of the Markers that Google provide, they don't provide any more I'm afraid.

I've uploaded everything, but I can't find any way to activate it via my admin panel. I've read over this topic but no one else seems to be having this problem. Am I just being stupid, or is there something I am missing? I've uploaded it twice now to make sure, but I get nothing. I don't understand where or how to install this application. I've tried the Manage Applications & Modules link in the admin pc, and I've tried simply looking for it.

Make sure that you uploaded the "admin" and "public" folders into the same place as your "conf_global.php" file is located.

Then inside the ACP, go to the Applications & Modules page, scroll down and it should be listed there with a read "Install" link on the right.

I changed the link to my admin pc a few weeks ago.. and I've done this every time I've installed an addon since then. Up until now I've been smart enough to realize I need to upload the /admin/ folder to my new folder, but this time was a fail >_<

Sorry for wasting your time guys, thanks for the quick support :blush:

I changed the link to my admin pc a few weeks ago.. and I've done this every time I've installed an addon since then. Up until now I've been smart enough to realize I need to upload the /admin/ folder to my new folder, but this time was a fail >_<

Sorry for wasting your time guys, thanks for the quick support :blush:

Heh :lol:

No problem :thumbsup:

A question, but each member group have a different color mark in the map (or between staff and members) ?

I think if possible, this would be a great feature to add.

example:
admins = red marker
moderators = blue marker
members = green marker

I think if possible, this would be a great feature to add.

example:

admins = red marker

moderators = blue marker

members = green marker

How about this.. Per group colors and settings, so that the admin can decide to control access based on permission masks and/or member groups.

Doing colors based on level (instead of group) wouldn't be a good idea because if there are a lot of people with similar access, it would be hard to tell them apart just from a glance. Per group and you can have a colorful map. :)

Could you provide a copy of /cache/sql_debug_06_28_10.cgi?

Sorry was avay few days, but here is the errorlog:

each error looks like this:

mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(*) as count,mcm.* FROM ibf_member_map_cmarkers_groups mcmg LEFT JOIN ibf_member_map_cmarkers mcm ON ( mcm.g_id=mcmg.id )
===================================================
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:17:15 +0000
Error Number: 1140
Error: Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause
IP Address: 113.96.173.21
Page: /forum/admin/index.php?adsess=c1a5330d8566d6dcba633eb2b660c308&app=membermap&module=membermap&section=cmarkers
Debug: array (
1 =>
array (
'file' => '/mgcn.nl/httpdocs/forum/ips_kernel/classDb.php',
'line' => 1019,
'function' => 'query',
'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',
),
4 =>
array (
'file' => '/mgcn.nl/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_admin/membermap/cmarkers.php',
'line' => 57,
'function' => '_cMarkerOverview',
'class' => 'admin_membermap_membermap_cmarkers',
),
5 =>
array (
'file' => '/mgcn.nl/httpdocs/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php',
'line' => 291,
'function' => 'doExecute',
),
)

Sorry was avay few days, but here is the errorlog:

each error looks like this:

mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(*) as count,mcm.* FROM ibf_member_map_cmarkers_groups mcmg LEFT JOIN ibf_member_map_cmarkers mcm ON ( mcm.g_id=mcmg.id )

===================================================

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:17:15 +0000

Error Number: 1140

Error: Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause

IP Address: 113.96.173.21

Debug: array (

1 =>

array (

'file' => '/mgcn.nl/httpdocs/forum/ips_kernel/classDb.php',

'line' => 1019,

'function' => 'query',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

4 =>

array (

'file' => '/mgcn.nl/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_admin/membermap/cmarkers.php',

'line' => 57,

'function' => '_cMarkerOverview',

),

5 =>

array (

'file' => '/mgcn.nl/httpdocs/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php',

'line' => 291,

'function' => 'doExecute',

),

)

This seems to be showing up with newer MySql versions, I'll supply a fixed file tomorow.

Hello stoo2000.

Suggestion:

"Viewing the Member Map" phrase is: ".../admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/extensions/coreExtensions.php".

Could we put it in "membermap/public_notifications" so that non-English speaking users of the application can translate it in ACP without touching the PHP?

Hello stoo2000.

Suggestion:

"Viewing the Member Map" phrase is: ".../admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/extensions/coreExtensions.php".

Could we put it in "membermap/public_notifications" so that non-English speaking users of the application can translate it in ACP without touching the PHP?

Yep, that makes sense.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running 3.0.3 and will be soon upgrading to 3.1.x. Will this modification work on both versions... without any problems (as mentioned above)?

Also, is there a way to limit the zoom-ability... if that's a word because some people will get funny about the map actually showing where people live and not just pinpoint to an area. Or is that not possible?

I'm running 3.0.3 and will be soon upgrading to 3.1.x. Will this modification work on both versions... without any problems (as mentioned above)?

I would expect it to. although it hasn't been tested, the application functions fine on 3.0.5

Also, is there a way to limit the zoom-ability... if that's a word because some people will get funny about the map actually showing where people live and not just pinpoint to an area. Or is that not possible?

Users can just enter a rough location, it's upto them whether they enter their exact address.