Member Map

I have installed this app but when ever i click on member map on the forum i just get this error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function mapTemplate() on a non-object in /home/wwwsecti/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php on line 304

Can anyone help please?

I have installed member map and appears to be working fine apart from one problem, it is fully zoomed in by default:

http://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php?/membermap/

How do I fix that?

Also I have some questions on how to get the most out of MM, for example how do you promote it and make it more visible to new and old members on your board. Also can or does a link show in profile amywhere?

Those with experience please advise.

Thanks for the app Stoo.

Cheers,
Taff

Im probably going to ask the stupidest question so far but here it goes.

I have installed a lot of mods on my board but all of them had installation instructions. This one doesnt so Im left wondering
exactly what to do. I havent been using IPB for years (only a few months) but Im catching on.

I uploaded all the files to the right places.

1) Do I need to run all the XML scripts in the xml folder to actually install it now?
2) Do I need to install AJAX on my system for this to work?
3) Is there anything else that needs to be done (assuming the above is correct) to have this working correctly?

Great looking mod! May I suggest a simple installation instructions for us simple minded people please.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can lend.

Lego

I have installed this app but when ever i click on member map on the forum i just get this error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function mapTemplate() on a non-object in /home/wwwsecti/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php on line 304

Can anyone help please?

Try recaching your skin files, let me know how that goes.

I have installed member map and appears to be working fine apart from one problem, it is fully zoomed in by default:

How do I fix that?

Also I have some questions on how to get the most out of MM, for example how do you promote it and make it more visible to new and old members on your board. Also can or does a link show in profile amywhere?

Those with experience please advise.

Thanks for the app Stoo.

Cheers,

Taff

Hi Taff,

As I'm sure you've seen now you've got some more markers on the map, it's automatically zoomed so that all markers are shown. I like the idea of a link on the profile. I'll look at that for a future version.

Im probably going to ask the stupidest question so far but here it goes.

I have installed a lot of mods on my board but all of them had installation instructions. This one doesnt so Im left wondering

exactly what to do. I havent been using IPB for years (only a few months) but Im catching on.

I uploaded all the files to the right places.

1) Do I need to run all the XML scripts in the xml folder to actually install it now?

2) Do I need to install AJAX on my system for this to work?

3) Is there anything else that needs to be done (assuming the above is correct) to have this working correctly?

Great looking mod! May I suggest a simple installation instructions for us simple minded people please.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can lend.

Lego

After you've uploaded the files you need to log into your ACP, click on Manage Applications & Modules on the left, then you will have an option to install the Member Map application. The installation is exactly the same as installing any other IP.Board 3.x application.

Installed and works perfectly.. Thanks again..

1 last question if I may.. If I click on a "PIN" it shows the avatar of the user just fine but the member name and info's
text is white on white. Anyway to change this and if so could you point me to the right place? I assume its just an edit
somewhere but I have no clue as to where..

Here is what it looks like:

Thanks..

Lego

Look in membermap.css

change

#memberMapCanvasWrapper

{

clear: both;

background-color: #D6D6D6;

-moz-border-radius: 5px;

padding: 8px;

margin-top: 10px;

height: 800px;

}

to

#memberMapCanvasWrapper

{

clear: both;

background-color: #D6D6D6;

-moz-border-radius: 5px;

padding: 8px;

margin-top: 10px;

height: 800px;

color: #000000;

}

That should work for you, I've changed that in the application code too.

Hey Stoo.. Thanks again.. That worked great for changing the text color to black.. The members name (link) remained white tho. Im thinking maybe thats not changeable if its calling it from the skin. Changing it in the skin to make it visible in the bubble would also change it throughout the board (where ever its used in the skin) -- is my guess.. Still a great mod as it is even without people being able to tell who is who (refers to his own board since I have a skin issue).

=)

Lego

Hey Stoo.. Thanks again.. That worked great for changing the text color to black.. The members name (link) remained white tho. Im thinking maybe thats not changeable if its calling it from the skin. Changing it in the skin to make it visible in the bubble would also change it throughout the board (where ever its used in the skin) -- is my guess.. Still a great mod as it is even without people being able to tell who is who (refers to his own board since I have a skin issue).

=)

Lego

In that case, you'll need to add the following to the CSS

#memberMapCanvasWrapper a

{ 

color: #000000; 

}

Yes I realised that stoo once I'd got a few more members signed up. I added soem expalantion text at the top and am promoting it through my IPB blog featured. I've got about 30 so far.

Great mod thanks. A link in the profile would be great, also maybe it could be integrated with registration so that member enters town or city on a mandatory field and that automatically put them on the map?

Hey Stoo -- Your a genius! Thanks so much for the help (even when you didnt have to).. Fixed it perfectly and all our members LOVE the mod!

Best Regards,

Lego

No problem!

Yes I realised that stoo once I'd got a few more members signed up. I added soem expalantion text at the top and am promoting it through my IPB blog featured. I've got about 30 so far.

Great mod thanks. A link in the profile would be great, also maybe it could be integrated with registration so that member enters town or city on a mandatory field and that automatically put them on the map?

That looks great! Always nice to see these things in non-standard skins.

Your registration form idea is interesting, I would think that it's possible.

Once a user has changed his place in the map 11 times in one evening, I hope for a user permission for one change per day or so :)

That is a little bit extreme, I'm not sure one extreme person warrants the time to add a change-per-day setting though.

after installing anything, I always copy my master images directory to my laptop - then upload it to each custom skin, ensuring that I have my FTP package set to always ask before overwriting. Then when it asks, I simply skip.

This way my custom images are preserved and the new ones added by the install are added.

Did that so many times I could do it with my eyes closed!

But, ever optimistic I did it again and.. voila! the perms stuck this time (Each time I went back to check they had cleared, is that a bug?).

Sweet :)

I am having a similar problem. When I click on the My Apps and choose "Member Map" it boots me right back to my initial settings page.
If that wasn't bad enough, not when I am in setting and click on "manage applications and modules", then choose "member map" the list of choices is incredibly inconsistent and sometimes non-existent.