• 5 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It’s I’ve already heard. Dozens of private messages too. My general reply is: try yourself. If you didn’t find any issue, then it doesn’t need an update. 

OK, cool.  But if it doesn't need an update, perhaps it would be a good idea to update the version number (or compatibility setting or whatever) to facilitate future updates through the Marketplace?

Edited by liquidfractal
1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

Hey Adriano....I'm sure you've already heard this question 1000 times, and I know you have lots of checks/upgrades, but just wondering when the 4.6.x upgrade was planned for Quizzes?

It goes without saying that we all want every one of  the marketplace apps to be updated within days of a new release.  We need to better manage our expectations as Adriano has a very large collection of marketplace and custom apps that he supports. They will all be updated when they get updated and not a moment sooner.  

Coding and testing works best when you are in a good frame of mind.  Being constantly pestered for updates is unlikely to put Adriano in such a state.  Be of good cheer@Adriano Fariaand the other marketplace developers, we appreciate all of you...

Fun Thank You GIF by Carawrrr

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I just submitted a new version with a fix for 4.6 (method changed by IPS in 4.6) and allowing anonymous posting.

There's an issue with Quizzes and PHP 8. With the 4.5 version installed and enabled, my site doesn't load. Disabled, the site works fine. Has Quizzes been tested with the new update?

1 minute ago, Dean_ said:

Has Quizzes been tested with the new update?

Do you think I would release something without test? 🙂

That's the issue:

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

with a fix for 4.6 (method changed by IPS in 4.6)

The error doesn't show up in 4.5 but shows in 4.6 under PHP 8.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I am trying to finalize the Quiz application, add not only text but also graphic options as answers to the quiz question. The problem is that my .phtml persistently reads the image and layout that I pass to it from /applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/view.php via return \ IPS \ Theme :: i () -> getTemplate as a string, ignoring decoding special characters using htmlspecialchars_decode. Perhaps someone has come across a similar thing, how you can pass a picture to getTemplate so that it will be displayed as a picture and not as a piece of layout ..

• 2 weeks later...

If permissions can not added, if possible add an approval option? Since all club members can create quizzes, with an Approval option we can have the control. 

If approved, can be see in the club. If not, moderators can remove it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question about this plugin.

Is it possible to add questions without adding a correct answer (like for predicting a future event)? And then the owner of the quiz will add the correct answer later and points of users will be counted.

For example, the question might be "Who will win the 2022 peace nobel prize?" Users will answer and then after the nomination of the nobel prize the correct answer will be added.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Hello,

I have a question about this plugin.

Is it possible to add questions without adding a correct answer (like for predicting a future event)? And then the owner of the quiz will add the correct answer later and points of users will be counted.

For example, the question might be "Who will win the 2022 peace nobel prize?" Users will answer and then after the nomination of the nobel prize the correct answer will be added.

Thanks!

No.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 3:12 PM, James101 said:

Hi, 

I have set up a quiz and also set up different feedback levels and Members Shop points to award depending on the result.

At the end of the quiz it does show the result and the points earned but points are not actually awarded to the user. Its just the message.

Anyone else facing this issue? Do we need to configure any settings on Members Shop app?

Update : I tried both the points integration settings - Award points based on result and award points for quiz completion. Both show a message in the end but no points are added.

Hi @Adriano Faria, still facing the same issue after 4.6 update. At the end of the quiz, it says the user has won 'xxx' points as per setting but does not actually award points.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 8:42 PM, James101 said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, still facing the same issue after 4.6 update. At the end of the quiz, it says the user has won 'xxx' points as per setting but does not actually award points.

What are your settings?

Capturar.thumb.PNG.88a33b3911cd6eae1c74644095e7de2c.PNG

------------------------------------------

EDIT: I see in your other post you're using per feedback range.

Case 1: multiple plays

Remember that the points is give only once, even if you allow multiple plays, so make sure that's not the case.

Case 2: reset game

Ok, check if you have records for this member in the quizzes_membersshop_points table. I just noticed that when you RESET GAMES from a quiz, I'm not deleting records from this table so the the user didn't earn the points next time he plays. This table was created to avoid people from pressing F5 or reload the page and earning same points over and over.

In my tests, clearing the table, worked fine.

@James101

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi @Adriano Faria,

We use per feedback range.

Case 1 - Yes, I double checked. Multiple plays is allowed but points are not even added for the first play.

Case 2 - I checked the records but there is no data in quizzes_membersshop_points table (sent you a screenshot in PM).

I played one game - no points added, reset the game, played again and no points added still.

3 minutes ago, James101 said:

Hi @Adriano Faria,

We use per feedback range.

Case 1 - Yes, I double checked. Multiple plays is allowed but points are not even added for the first play.

Case 2 - I checked the records but there is no data in quizzes_membersshop_points table (sent you a screenshot in PM).

I played one game - no points added, reset the game, played again and no points added still.

You took too long to reply. Version is already submitted a couple of days back. Test again when it's released.