Jump to content

Quizzes


Adriano Faria

Recommended Posts

I've been wanting to add the quiz system to my site for awhile now but since my site has so many different categories I would love to be able to keep the site clean by adding quizzes to certain clubs.

Example: I have a DJ club so I would like to have quizzes on how to hook up the equipment, what to do in certain situations, etc.. then on another club I have technology club that would focus on knowledge of the different products.

If I have only the one page of all quizzes, it might be unappealing and confusing.  Also with the clubs I could do the paid clubs so the clubs I have quizzes its part of the bonus of paying to join the club.

Anyhow, was curious if you had any thoughts about adding quizzes to clubs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJ ZAh said:

I've been wanting to add the quiz system to my site for awhile now but since my site has so many different categories I would love to be able to keep the site clean by adding quizzes to certain clubs.

Example: I have a DJ club so I would like to have quizzes on how to hook up the equipment, what to do in certain situations, etc.. then on another club I have technology club that would focus on knowledge of the different products.

If I have only the one page of all quizzes, it might be unappealing and confusing.  Also with the clubs I could do the paid clubs so the clubs I have quizzes its part of the bonus of paying to join the club.

Anyhow, was curious if you had any thoughts about adding quizzes to clubs?

I just went ahead and purchased it and was happy to discover you can add quizzes to clubs.  It doesn't really mention that it does support that on the product page so for anyone who is curious, it does work on clubs.

Really impressed with the app so far.  I have a lot to do before I can give a solid accurate review but initially this looks promising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DJ ZAh said:

I just went ahead and purchased it and was happy to discover you can add quizzes to clubs.  It doesn't really mention that it does support that on the product page so for anyone who is curious, it does work on clubs.

Really impressed with the app so far.  I have a lot to do before I can give a solid accurate review but initially this looks promising.

I just replied:

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure you question is to me. Anyway, there’s only one way to add a quiz feature and it is like any other app out there: go to the club -> Manage Club -> Quizzes.

 

You can have more than one quiz feature per Club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

I just replied:

You can have more than one quiz feature per Club.

Thanks again Adriano, must of replied the same time you did.  Looks like you spent some serious time on this app.  Thank you!  I have had multiple applications you have created and one thing in common they all have..  they just work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there doco somewhere that I can follow so I reduce the stupid questions I'm about to post?

How do I increase the number of questions allowed in a quiz?  Currently it appears I'm limited to 5 and thats just too small? (20 would be ideal max for us but not mandatory that you have to have 20 questions)

I would really like the ability to assign categories from the ACP in the Quizzes menu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, DJ ZAh said:

So sorry, I must be an idiot..  could you give me a little help with this as well.  It's my first quiz and I looked in categories, quiz settings in ACP and just not seeing what I'm missing.

YouCannotTakethisQuiz.thumb.png.e8510ecdfb8df0ec3f3e4646376dac0f.png

You have to be logged with the same user that created the quiz. If it already has the questions and answers, click in the ALLOWS PLAY button. That is what the quiz creator will should see:

HC0WXlF.png

This is there to give the quiz creator some time to add questions and answers, even later, before it goes live and allows everybody to try an empty quiz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your help..  I can't even have the user try that since I was "trying" to figure it out on my own and I broke it.

I was looking at the quiz categories and clicked on "Convert to Club Feature" for the quiz category F5.

convert2clubFeature.thumb.png.f803bb5feb9bf9ae69ed3fb6f8aa90ec.png

Ever since then, that club is now inaccessible.  So when I try and click on the club Tech, I get this

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /eventguyz.net/system/Application/Application.php(236): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('IPS', 'app_directory', NULL)
#1 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1350): IPS\_Application::load('IPS')
#2 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1893): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#3 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(2033): IPS\Member\_Club->tabs()
#4 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(130): IPS\Member\_Club->firstTab()
#5 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->manage()
#6 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#8 /eventguyz.net/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

 

BACKTRACE from the system logs is:

#0 /eventguyz.net/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

I cleared cache and I increased memory in PHP from 128M to 512M just in case.  I disabled all 3rd party plugins, including quizzes and nothing brings back the club.  Other clubs are working fine.

Could I get some idea on how to fix what I broke by clicking the convert to club feature?

Thank You

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DJ ZAh said:

Thanks for your help..  I can't even have the user try that since I was "trying" to figure it out on my own and I broke it.

I was looking at the quiz categories and clicked on "Convert to Club Feature" for the quiz category F5.

convert2clubFeature.thumb.png.f803bb5feb9bf9ae69ed3fb6f8aa90ec.png

Ever since then, that club is now inaccessible.  So when I try and click on the club Tech, I get this

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /eventguyz.net/system/Application/Application.php(236): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('IPS', 'app_directory', NULL)
#1 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1350): IPS\_Application::load('IPS')
#2 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1893): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#3 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(2033): IPS\Member\_Club->tabs()
#4 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(130): IPS\Member\_Club->firstTab()
#5 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->manage()
#6 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#8 /eventguyz.net/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

 

BACKTRACE from the system logs is:

#0 /eventguyz.net/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

I cleared cache and I increased memory in PHP from 128M to 512M just in case.  I disabled all 3rd party plugins, including quizzes and nothing brings back the club.  Other clubs are working fine.

Could I get some idea on how to fix what I broke by clicking the convert to club feature?

Thank You

Convert a category to a club feature isn’t a Quizzes feature. You probably has Improved Clubs Enhanced installed. Try support there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I didn’t do this. When a member completes a quiz it’s the only one and will give points every time the quiz is completed. 

I said somewhere in this topic that I’d would start basic and then enhance in future versions. That’s what I did.

 

Ah okay, my bad as I didn't read it correctly the first time. I can see I can now add a badge and rule for scoring a specific score on one quiz...I think to make the most value I'll be looking forward to the one where a user completes X quizzes as this is the most common action a quiz (even though i'd love more people to make them!).

Let us know when you think its on the cards as I'll probably hold off now until I can make multiple badges and rules for this action.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is related to the customization you did for me.

Seeing this in the System Log.

Error: Class 'IPS\questions\Project' not found (0)
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\questions\modules\front\questions\_index->rss()
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Class 'I...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

This is related to the customization you did for me.

Seeing this in the System Log.

Error: Class 'IPS\questions\Project' not found (0)
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\questions\modules\front\questions\_index->rss()
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Class 'I...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

 

This is not Quizzes. It’s a custom app. Send a PM for support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Adriano,

I have found a couple of bugs and issues with this application:

  1. When moving quizzes, the last quiz information is not updated for the category,
  2. When setting the minimum and maximum answers for questions, only the maximum is taken into account. So if I set these settings to minimum 2 and maximum 5 and only add 2 answers there is an error stating that there should be a further 3 answers to be added to the question. I sometimes only want to add 2 answers for a True or False to the question and this bug prevents me from doing so.
  3. There seems to be an issue when adding a Topic to the quiz. Sometimes it will add a topic and sometimes it will not.
  4. The feature and pinned badges in category view do not align correctly, as shown in the image below:image.png.961c7da202b4ee5d12243b230b27a915.png

Kind Regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello.

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

When moving quizzes, the last quiz information is not updated for the category,

You mean in the grid view on index, right? Just noticed it.

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

When setting the minimum and maximum answers for questions, only the maximum is taken into account. So if I set these settings to minimum 2 and maximum 5 and only add 2 answers there is an error stating that there should be a further 3 answers to be added to the question. I sometimes only want to add 2 answers for a True or False to the question and this bug prevents me from doing so.

Can you elaborate? I'm able to add only 2 answers: 1, the right, and 2, the wrong:

 

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

There seems to be an issue when adding a Topic to the quiz. Sometimes it will add a topic and sometimes it will not.

The topic will be created only after you set the quiz as ready to people play. It won't create right after you create a quiz, which has no questions. This will call people's attention to an empty quiz. Is that the case?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean in the grid view on index, right? Just noticed it.

Correct.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can you elaborate? I'm able to add only 2 answers: 1, the right, and 2, the wrong:

Must have been a glitch in the Matrix last night. 🙁 I originally had the quiz category set as min 5 and max 5 answers and then changed it to min 2 and max 5 answers and I would get the not enough answers error. Just tried it again on a different category and works fine.  I'm not sure why it would have done this, if it does it again I will do a bug trace on this.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The topic will be created only after you set the quiz as ready to people play. It won't create right after you create a quiz, which has no questions. This will call people's attention to an empty quiz. Is that the case?

 I created the quiz, the questions and answers and click on 'Allow play', however no Topic was created. I will test this laster and get back to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...