2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Love that! Incentives to interact and play more quizzes and then get higher scores (even give a Wooden Spoon for a low one 😄) would definitely see overall plays go up for sure.

Yeah. I added award to the quiz creator because you can give points to them when the player scores less than 35%, for example, so the quiz creator beat the player.

New version is pending approval. Let’s see how it goes. I can improve it in a future version. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria

I've been wanting to add the quiz system to my site for awhile now but since my site has so many different categories I would love to be able to keep the site clean by adding quizzes to certain clubs.

Example: I have a DJ club so I would like to have quizzes on how to hook up the equipment, what to do in certain situations, etc.. then on another club I have technology club that would focus on knowledge of the different products.

If I have only the one page of all quizzes, it might be unappealing and confusing.  Also with the clubs I could do the paid clubs so the clubs I have quizzes its part of the bonus of paying to join the club.

Anyhow, was curious if you had any thoughts about adding quizzes to clubs?

1 hour ago, DJ ZAh said:

I've been wanting to add the quiz system to my site for awhile now but since my site has so many different categories I would love to be able to keep the site clean by adding quizzes to certain clubs.

Example: I have a DJ club so I would like to have quizzes on how to hook up the equipment, what to do in certain situations, etc.. then on another club I have technology club that would focus on knowledge of the different products.

If I have only the one page of all quizzes, it might be unappealing and confusing.  Also with the clubs I could do the paid clubs so the clubs I have quizzes its part of the bonus of paying to join the club.

Anyhow, was curious if you had any thoughts about adding quizzes to clubs?

I just went ahead and purchased it and was happy to discover you can add quizzes to clubs.  It doesn't really mention that it does support that on the product page so for anyone who is curious, it does work on clubs.

Really impressed with the app so far.  I have a lot to do before I can give a solid accurate review but initially this looks promising.

Just now, DJ ZAh said:

I just went ahead and purchased it and was happy to discover you can add quizzes to clubs.  It doesn't really mention that it does support that on the product page so for anyone who is curious, it does work on clubs.

Really impressed with the app so far.  I have a lot to do before I can give a solid accurate review but initially this looks promising.

I just replied:

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure you question is to me. Anyway, there’s only one way to add a quiz feature and it is like any other app out there: go to the club -> Manage Club -> Quizzes.

You can have more than one quiz feature per Club.

Is there doco somewhere that I can follow so I reduce the stupid questions I'm about to post?

How do I increase the number of questions allowed in a quiz?  Currently it appears I'm limited to 5 and thats just too small? (20 would be ideal max for us but not mandatory that you have to have 20 questions)

I would really like the ability to assign categories from the ACP in the Quizzes menu.

38 minutes ago, DJ ZAh said:

So sorry, I must be an idiot..  could you give me a little help with this as well.  It's my first quiz and I looked in categories, quiz settings in ACP and just not seeing what I'm missing.

YouCannotTakethisQuiz.thumb.png.e8510ecdfb8df0ec3f3e4646376dac0f.png

You have to be logged with the same user that created the quiz. If it already has the questions and answers, click in the ALLOWS PLAY button. That is what the quiz creator will should see:

HC0WXlF.png

This is there to give the quiz creator some time to add questions and answers, even later, before it goes live and allows everybody to try an empty quiz.

Thanks for your help..  I can't even have the user try that since I was "trying" to figure it out on my own and I broke it.

I was looking at the quiz categories and clicked on "Convert to Club Feature" for the quiz category F5.

convert2clubFeature.thumb.png.f803bb5feb9bf9ae69ed3fb6f8aa90ec.png

Ever since then, that club is now inaccessible.  So when I try and click on the club Tech, I get this

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /eventguyz.net/system/Application/Application.php(236): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('IPS', 'app_directory', NULL)
#1 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1350): IPS\_Application::load('IPS')
#2 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1893): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#3 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(2033): IPS\Member\_Club->tabs()
#4 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(130): IPS\Member\_Club->firstTab()
#5 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->manage()
#6 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#8 /eventguyz.net/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE from the system logs is:

#0 /eventguyz.net/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

I cleared cache and I increased memory in PHP from 128M to 512M just in case.  I disabled all 3rd party plugins, including quizzes and nothing brings back the club.  Other clubs are working fine.

Could I get some idea on how to fix what I broke by clicking the convert to club feature?

Thank You

26 minutes ago, DJ ZAh said:

Thanks for your help..  I can't even have the user try that since I was "trying" to figure it out on my own and I broke it.

I was looking at the quiz categories and clicked on "Convert to Club Feature" for the quiz category F5.

convert2clubFeature.thumb.png.f803bb5feb9bf9ae69ed3fb6f8aa90ec.png

Ever since then, that club is now inaccessible.  So when I try and click on the club Tech, I get this

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /eventguyz.net/system/Application/Application.php(236): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('IPS', 'app_directory', NULL)
#1 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1350): IPS\_Application::load('IPS')
#2 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1893): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#3 /eventguyz.net/system/Member/Club/Club.php(2033): IPS\Member\_Club->tabs()
#4 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(130): IPS\Member\_Club->firstTab()
#5 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->manage()
#6 /eventguyz.net/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /eventguyz.net/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#8 /eventguyz.net/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE from the system logs is:

#0 /eventguyz.net/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

I cleared cache and I increased memory in PHP from 128M to 512M just in case.  I disabled all 3rd party plugins, including quizzes and nothing brings back the club.  Other clubs are working fine.

Could I get some idea on how to fix what I broke by clicking the convert to club feature?

Thank You

Convert a category to a club feature isn’t a Quizzes feature. You probably has Improved Clubs Enhanced installed. Try support there.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I didn’t do this. When a member completes a quiz it’s the only one and will give points every time the quiz is completed. 

I said somewhere in this topic that I’d would start basic and then enhance in future versions. That’s what I did.

Ah okay, my bad as I didn't read it correctly the first time. I can see I can now add a badge and rule for scoring a specific score on one quiz...I think to make the most value I'll be looking forward to the one where a user completes X quizzes as this is the most common action a quiz (even though i'd love more people to make them!).

Let us know when you think its on the cards as I'll probably hold off now until I can make multiple badges and rules for this action.

This is related to the customization you did for me.

Seeing this in the System Log.

Error: Class 'IPS\questions\Project' not found (0)
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\questions\modules\front\questions\_index->rss()
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Class 'I...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

This is related to the customization you did for me.

Seeing this in the System Log.

Error: Class 'IPS\questions\Project' not found (0)
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\questions\modules\front\questions\_index->rss()
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Class 'I...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

This is not Quizzes. It’s a custom app. Send a PM for support.

Hi Adriano,

I have found a couple of bugs and issues with this application:

1. When moving quizzes, the last quiz information is not updated for the category,
  2. When setting the minimum and maximum answers for questions, only the maximum is taken into account. So if I set these settings to minimum 2 and maximum 5 and only add 2 answers there is an error stating that there should be a further 3 answers to be added to the question. I sometimes only want to add 2 answers for a True or False to the question and this bug prevents me from doing so.
  3. There seems to be an issue when adding a Topic to the quiz. Sometimes it will add a topic and sometimes it will not.
  4. The feature and pinned badges in category view do not align correctly, as shown in the image below:image.png.961c7da202b4ee5d12243b230b27a915.png

Kind Regards,

Hello.

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

When moving quizzes, the last quiz information is not updated for the category,

You mean in the grid view on index, right? Just noticed it.

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

When setting the minimum and maximum answers for questions, only the maximum is taken into account. So if I set these settings to minimum 2 and maximum 5 and only add 2 answers there is an error stating that there should be a further 3 answers to be added to the question. I sometimes only want to add 2 answers for a True or False to the question and this bug prevents me from doing so.

Can you elaborate? I'm able to add only 2 answers: 1, the right, and 2, the wrong:

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

There seems to be an issue when adding a Topic to the quiz. Sometimes it will add a topic and sometimes it will not.

The topic will be created only after you set the quiz as ready to people play. It won't create right after you create a quiz, which has no questions. This will call people's attention to an empty quiz. Is that the case?

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean in the grid view on index, right? Just noticed it.

Correct.

Can you elaborate? I'm able to add only 2 answers: 1, the right, and 2, the wrong:

Must have been a glitch in the Matrix last night. 🙁 I originally had the quiz category set as min 5 and max 5 answers and then changed it to min 2 and max 5 answers and I would get the not enough answers error. Just tried it again on a different category and works fine.  I'm not sure why it would have done this, if it does it again I will do a bug trace on this.

The topic will be created only after you set the quiz as ready to people play. It won't create right after you create a quiz, which has no questions. This will call people's attention to an empty quiz. Is that the case?

I created the quiz, the questions and answers and click on 'Allow play', however no Topic was created. I will test this laster and get back to you.

• 5 months later...

Hello! I might be interested in buying this plugin. I have a question. Is it possible to set the correct answer later in the future, after users have posted their answers?

For example: On Wednsday there will be Argentina-Brazil football match. On Monday a quiz will be opened "who will win between Argentina and Brazil?". Users post their answer, and on Thursday after the match the correct answer will be added.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Balto said:

Hello! I might be interested in buying this plugin. I have a question. Is it possible to set the correct answer later in the future, after users have posted their answers?

For example: On Wednsday there will be Argentina-Brazil football match. On Monday a quiz will be opened "who will win between Argentina and Brazil?". Users post their answer, and on Thursday after the match the correct answer will be added.

Thanks!

Hello,

No, that’s not possible.

You need to set the right answers when you’re adding questions and answers.

But that’s an interesting idea. I might consider as a new quiz type for a future version.

45 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hello,

No, that’s not possible.

You need to set the right answers when you’re adding questions and answers.

But that’s an interesting idea. I might consider as a new quiz type for a future version.

Thanks!

Yes, it would be good to use this app (or develop another similar one) for "predictions". I would need that for sport events predictions, but it can be used for anything in the future. And when you add the correct score/result, the answers given are counted. Ideally, it would be great to also have an automatically generated standings. Would that be possible?