Hi Adriano,

Thanks again for the work you do on this.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Quizzes without question or quizzes which are not selected as 'Allow to Play', are showing to everyone. I don't remember this being the behaviour before. Did you change this or is it a bug?
  2. Category images seem to go missing after a couple of days and I have to keep uploading them. Not sure if this is an issue with IPS or the application.
8 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Quizzes without question or quizzes which are not selected as 'Allow to Play', are showing to everyone. I don't remember this being the behaviour before. Did you change this or is it a bug?

They always showed everywhere. The only thing it doesn't do is send a notification about the new quiz. Notification is sent when you set it as ready to people play.

9 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Category images seem to go missing after a couple of days and I have to keep uploading them. Not sure if this is an issue with IPS or the application.

This app hasn't a category image. It has an icon.

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

They always showed everywhere. The only thing it doesn't do is send a notification about the new quiz. Notification is sent when you set it as ready to people play.

Thanks, as I said, I didn't remember doing this before. So there is no way to hide quizzes until I want to publish or make them live?

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This app hasn't a category image. It has an icon.

Sorry for the confusion there. Yes, that it what I meant, the category icons.

1 minute ago, TDBF said:

Thanks, as I said, I didn't remember doing this before. So there is no way to hide quizzes until I want to publish or make them live?

Of course there is. And how the user would add questions? Hide is a moderator thing.

3 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Yes, that it what I meant, the category icons.

No change was made in this extension since version 1. Nothing has changed there. Check the storage for this extension in your ACP.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Of course there is. And how the user would add questions? Hide is a moderator thing.

Sorry, misunderstanding here. 🙂

When I create a quiz, regardless of whether these quizzes have questions or are published, they are shown to my members. My members are able to view quizzes without questions or quizzes which are not active.

https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/quizzes/category/1-dundee-fc-quiz/

As you can see from the link above, none of these quizzes have questions and the quizzes are incomplete, yet my members can see these quizzes before they are ready to be played, or before I allow them to be played.

I was under the impression that quizzes would only be shown to my members when they are published, not beforehand.

The way it is now, I cannot create quizzes until I am ready for them to be played.

Again, my apology for any confusion.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is like that since version 1. Nothing changed.

Notification will be sent for those who follow the category when the user set it as ready.

Also, there's a setting to delete empty quizzes after X days. Just use it.

I'm sorry, but why would I want to delete empty quizzes when I am in the process of creating them? 🙂

I understand that Notifications are sent on publication, that's nothing to do with my question.

All quizzes are public before questions are even added, or it is set as ready. Surely, only moderators or groups with edit privileges should have access to quizzes (So they can edit them) before they're set as ready?

No worries, I will just set quizzes to hide before I complete the questions and make it playable. I just assumed that a quiz status would be offline/hidden until they were published.

Cheers! 🙂

19 minutes ago, TDBF said:

I'm sorry, but why would I want to delete empty quizzes when I am in the process of creating them?

No one told you to do that. I said THERE IS a setting that will delete empty quizzes AFTER x days... By X, you can use 7, 15, 30, 10,000 days. Up to you.

19 minutes ago, TDBF said:

All quizzes are public before questions are even added, or it is set as ready. Surely, only moderators or groups with edit privileges should have access to quizzes (So they can edit them) before they're set as ready?

And for the third time, they were always pubic. Nothing has changed. If you allow only your staff to create quizzes, that's easy. There's a moderation box at the right side of the post screen; select the option to hide it and you're done. Unhide when you're finished and click to make it ready.

Anyway, I'll make some tests. Probably there is a way to show only to staff and the quiz owner while it is empty.

Edited by Adriano Faria
4 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Is it possible, to sort below by Date Time and % Score:

Could contain: Pc, Electronics, Computer, File, Screen, Monitor, Hardware, Computer Hardware, Person, Text

It’s sorted by score and time (100% in 10 seconds, 100% in 11 seconds, etc.).

You mean also sort by date if the time and score are the same, like the last 2 rows of your image?

13 hours ago, TDBF said:

Hi Adriano,

On the results page after taking the quiz, there are a couple of small issues. 🙂

1. Overlapping text on the Taking Quiz Box.
  2. Just below that, the 'Started' on and 'Completed Dates' are incorrect.

Could contain: Text, Page

I’ll take a look.

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean also sort by date if the time and score are the same, like the last 2 rows of your image?

20 hours ago, TDBF said:

Sorry for my partial explanation. Current view doesn't allow sorting based on date time i.e. if I want to view who has taken quiz, from desc or ascending order, I can't. Somehow I didn't find option for it. Ex: Show quiz takers from 2015-01-01 to Today. 

Besides datetime, if you can sort based on % Score - that would be great as well. i.e. if someone got 20% score and never re-took the quiz to improve it, I can request them to take again. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still love this app @Adriano Faria, appreciate all the updates you can keep giving.

I have one question about a potential upgrade but you may see it as a completely different app:

Is there any way to create 'Sporcle' type quizzes into this app? This would be incredibly insane to have, especially with the leaderboard working on your own website.

If people don't know what Quizzes usually Sporcle has, it allows a user to press start on a timer and type in answers. Once a correct spelling answer is found, it automatically updates the list so the user can see what has been answered. These are used all over the world and a great alternative to Q&A rounds.

It would be great to get your thoughts Adriano! Thanks in advance

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Still love this app @Adriano Faria, appreciate all the updates you can keep giving.

I have one question about a potential upgrade but you may see it as a completely different app:

Is there any way to create 'Sporcle' type quizzes into this app? This would be incredibly insane to have, especially with the leaderboard working on your own website.

If people don't know what Quizzes usually Sporcle has, it allows a user to press start on a timer and type in answers. Once a correct spelling answer is found, it automatically updates the list so the user can see what has been answered. These are used all over the world and a great alternative to Q&A rounds.

It would be great to get your thoughts Adriano! Thanks in advance

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

I'll think about it when I have to update to IPS 5. 👍

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Hi Adriano,

Is there a way to edit the questions and answers after a quiz has been played?

Hello,

If I remember well, you should be able to edit questions and answers but not delete them, as people already played.

Isn't the EDIT link showing up?

----------------------

EDIT: Just tested and it doesn't show. I'll update the file with a fix.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.