• 2 weeks later...

First wanted to say I do enjoy this product. Thanks for making it.

I have a weird template error when using subcategories that I'm hoping you can help with.  I'm using Default Invision Community theme and I did click System - Support - Get Support and cleared cache (as it suggested) but no difference.  I also disabled any customizations and no difference.

Have you seen this before and if yes, could you share the fix?

Only happens when using subcategories.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Here is the system error log if it helps at all

TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, null given in /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code:2798
Stack trace:
#0 /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(2798): method_exists(NULL, 'canModerate')
#1 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_browse->subcategoryRow(NULL, NULL, Array)
#2 /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(548): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('subcategoryRow', Array)
#3 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_browse->category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category), '\n\n<div class='i...')
#4 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(162): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('category', Array)
#5 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(39): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->_category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category))
#6 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->manage()
#7 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/sitename/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE

#0 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(TypeError), 'template_error')
#1 /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(548): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('subcategoryRow', Array)
#2 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_browse->category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category), '\n\n<div class='i...')
#3 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(162): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('category', Array)
#4 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(39): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->_category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category))
#5 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->manage()
#6 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/sitename/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

18 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

First wanted to say I do enjoy this product. Thanks for making it.

I have a weird template error when using subcategories that I'm hoping you can help with.  I'm using Default Invision Community theme and I did click System - Support - Get Support and cleared cache (as it suggested) but no difference.  I also disabled any customizations and no difference.

Have you seen this before and if yes, could you share the fix?

Only happens when using subcategories.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Here is the system error log if it helps at all

TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, null given in /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code:2798
Stack trace:
#0 /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(2798): method_exists(NULL, 'canModerate')
#1 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_browse->subcategoryRow(NULL, NULL, Array)
#2 /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(548): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('subcategoryRow', Array)
#3 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_browse->category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category), '\n\n<div class='i...')
#4 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(162): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('category', Array)
#5 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(39): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->_category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category))
#6 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->manage()
#7 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/sitename/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE

#0 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(TypeError), 'template_error')
#1 /home/sitename/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(548): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('subcategoryRow', Array)
#2 /home/sitename/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_browse->category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category), '\n\n<div class='i...')
#3 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(162): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('category', Array)
#4 /home/sitename/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/browse.php(39): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->_category(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category))
#5 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_browse->manage()
#6 /home/sitename/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/sitename/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Open the template Quizzes -> front -> browse -> subCategoryRow. You will find in that template {{if method_exists( $table )…

Change to {{if $table and method_exists…

If it isn’t $table, it will be something else. I’ll make sure to fix it next version.

Thank You @Adriano Faria that worked.

In ACP I click on Customization - Appearance - Themes

On the default theme I clicked the </> icon to Edit HTML and CSS

On the left under Templates I scrolled down to quizzes - front - browse - subCategoryRow

Almost at the bottom of that template I saw the following

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Word, File, Menu, Webpage

Made the correction you mentioned in your post above and clicked Save

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Word, Document, Webpage, Menu

Now all is good and it works.  Nice work and thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Interested in this but I have a couple of questions before buying it, since it's needed for something somewhat specific (and a live demo may help figure it out?)

-Where do the final answers export to - the front-end moderation panel or the back-end admin panel, and can responses be categorized as viewed/unread?

-Is this able to do "point scoring" per-answer? This will be used for a game, rather than a test, so it would be assigning values to specific submissions. The best I can describe it is the art is give  points based on completion and how much is visible, so two characters would be more points than one, and a background would be more points than no background. Ideally, users would be able to submit their submissions to the game, select "answers" the align with the art they've created (ie: two characters, shaded, scenic background), be assigned a point value, and then when it's submitted, we see the total point value and so can add it to a sheet.

-Is this, at all, compatable with exporting answers to a public sheet? Google, or something on-site. This isn't the biggest issue, we would figure something out for that if needs be.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 1:35 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You need to set the right answers when you’re adding questions and answers.

But that’s an interesting idea. I might consider as a new quiz type for a future version.

Great job! 
 Is the feature of adding the answer after the question is available? I have a sports forum; This is a feature i need. Enable users to "predict" scores. 

Edited by LiveG
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, BradTBP said:

Not a new issue, saw this before

Did you? Where? I didn’t so far.

19 minutes ago, BradTBP said:

This quiz has 15 questions, but the app says 14.

Is there any error in your logs related to questions? This column in quizzes table is incremented every time a new question is added, so if any issue/error happened there, it may have stopped the script before it updates the number of questions on the table.

Anyway, as this isn’t crashing the board, it can wait until I have to update the app again. Or I can provide a query to update the table if it’s really that annoying or urgent for you. You’d have to use PHPMyAdmin in your hosting control panel.

• 4 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.6.7:

• Enhancements in Raffles System integration
    • Display a message in raffle view when it is tied to a raffle
    • Display a message in the quiz results telling the member earned a ticket in the raffle if they scored 100% in the quiz
    • Send a (Raffles) notification to the member who scored 100% in the quiz to let them know they earned a ticket in the raffle
  • Script adjustments to handle creation/deletion/diplaying of quizzes thumbnails across the app
6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

@Adriano Faria, can you take a look at my custom script for this?  I sent you a few PM.

Thanks

Which PMs? The last one regarding the QUESTION OF THE DAYS resource, based on Quiz, has 1 year and a half. It is from July/21.

QLCLxzA.png

That's all messages I have with you:

H8keAQF.png

v7SrTkj.png

Also, it is a custom job, do not use this topic for it.

Edited by Adriano Faria