• 2 weeks later...

Question.

I allows members of my forum to create quizzes, but I have it set under Submission for that category, that the 'Quizzes must be approved'. This was working fine at first, but now I noticed the quizzes created by a certain member are just displaying. I believe he is selecting 'ALLOW PLAYS' when he is done creating one. Would this bypass the need for approval? The group that he is in can not bypass content moderation.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you.

Ok, I just signed in as a member who is in the same group as the other member, created a quiz, selected Back To Quiz and selected ALLOW PLAYS. The quiz is still in 'Pending Approval' status, as it should be in. I am not sure why the other member's quizzes are just bypassing this, I double checked the group that he is in and the 'bypass' settings for that group.

Strange.

I also checked my notifications on the forum, and for the quiz I just created while signed in as a member, I received notification stating "(members  name) has posted a quiz that requires approval", but for the other member who created a quiz 6 hours ago, I never received a notification stating that. 

Edited by SC36DC
6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The notification is sent only when it is approved and the author sr it as ready via ALLOWS PLAYS.

Check the secondary groups for the first member ir moderator permissions. He got permission to bypass moderation somewhere. 

He is not part of a secondary group. I am not sure what's going on. I'll wait and see if it happens after other members create a quiz or when he creates a new one.

Thanks.

Ok follow up.

The quiz I created earlier while signed in as a member, it initially was honoring the 'approval' setting, and it was set as 'pending approval'. 3 hours later I went back to check on it, and it was no longer in 'pending approval' mode, and the quiz was live.

Is there anything you could do to look into this? Or is there something else I could do so the quizzes stay in 'pending approval' mode until I am ready to make them live?

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Take a look at your moderation logs. See if anyone else approved it.

You were correct. My mods were approving and unhiding quizzes that weren't ready yet. Which was completely my fault for not letting them know in advance how I wanted the quizzes to look before going live. There is NO PROBLEM with Quizzes, it works fine.

Many members of my forum have been commenting on how much they love the new feature of Quizzes. 

Thanks for your help with this, and pointing me in the right direction.

As the admin, should I be able to edit questions of any quiz created by any member? I am not able to currently. Is there a setting I am missing? I am getting asked to correct spelling or fix things on quizzes that members have created, but I do not have the option to edit the questions.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I have no idea. Will have to install the app to see. I’ll reply back in a couple of days. 

After I reset the quiz, I, the admin was able to edit the questions.  Could you please in a future update allow ADMINS to always edit the questions, even after someone has taken the quiz. So we could fix spelling or other errors. 

Thank you.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:11 PM, SC36DC said:

After I reset the quiz, I, the admin was able to edit the questions.  Could you please in a future update allow ADMINS to always edit the questions, even after someone has taken the quiz. So we could fix spelling or other errors. 

I just tested and it's really missing... weird. I should have removed it by mistake. It was there as you can read somewhere in this topic.

I'll put it back in next version.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible in the future to have an option display ALL questions for a quiz on a single page, this way they can answer all the questions, then when finished, select "Submit" or "Done" once.

Only reason I ask, I recently had a quiz where I offered prizes to the person who came in with the highest score and the fastest time. So if multiple people came in with the score of 80%, whichever one had the fastest time, would be the winner. I received comments from people that once they finished answering a question, and tried to go to the next question, it took as much as 5 seconds to go to the next one. I know not everyone has a fiber connection like myself, but I didn't even think of this being an issue before people brought this to my attention.

Another reason, was because I made the quiz with a 2 minute time limit with 10 questions. 

Thanks Adriano. 

Nope that’s not an option and frankly it won’t be. I would need to create a module so you can enter the names based in percentages, like, from 1 to 10 is horrible; from 11 to 40 is bad.

No. You can already do something near to that with the feedback. Instead of a sentence, use a word. 

59a70eadeb9ad_10-Results.png.4735a441ede

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have set up a quiz and also set up different feedback levels and Members Shop points to award depending on the result.

At the end of the quiz it does show the result and the points earned but points are not actually awarded to the user. Its just the message.

Anyone else facing this issue? Do we need to configure any settings on Members Shop app?

Update : I tried both the points integration settings - Award points based on result and award points for quiz completion. Both show a message in the end but no points are added.

Edited by James101