iAwards

I'm having one issue, but only when trying to award an award that I have set as a limited edition.  Without that option enabled, awards work fine.  I have it currently enabled, so I should be able to award it.  I've checked permissions and the account I'm attempting to award should be able to receive.  I've tried it on my own account as well.  It's telling me that I must disable the limited edition still available option.

r9Tz3S8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We have installed iawards in our community. I have a couple of questions:

- Is there a way to make multiple awards of the same type "stack"? (i.e. with a counter)

- Is there a way for users to make awards appear differently (e.g. hide/show, different order) in different places (such as profile, posts, side panel)?

5 hours ago, Felix Spehlmann said:

Is there a way to make multiple awards of the same type "stack"? (i.e. with a counter)

Not sure I follow.

5 hours ago, Felix Spehlmann said:

Is there a way for users to make awards appear differently (e.g. hide/show, different order) in different places (such as profile, posts, side panel)?

You have settings for this. You can choose image size, alignment, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply already. Let me explain a little further.

Stacking: What I meant is: When a member has received multiple awards of the same type, a visual indicator of the number of awards of this type ("counter"). It doesn't seem to exist, from our tests, but maybe we are missing something.

Different appearance: We already saw that it is possible to globally adjust the settings of number/size/alignment of the awards in different places. We also found that each member can personally select the order in which awards appear (thereby choosing which to display, in case he/she considers some more meaningful than others). But as far as we can see, there is no way for each member to personally select to display award A in the side panel, and awards B, C and D underneath posts. Is that correct?

Edited by Felix Spehlmann
On 8/23/2017 at 0:12 PM, Felix Spehlmann said:

We have installed iawards in our community. I have a couple of questions:

- Is there a way to make multiple awards of the same type "stack"? (i.e. with a counter)

- Is there a way for users to make awards appear differently (e.g. hide/show, different order) in different places (such as profile, posts, side panel)?

On 8/23/2017 at 5:26 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure I follow.

You have settings for this. You can choose image size, alignment, etc.

He means this

390b3203b0a33fbb99783579d84e3d25.png
https://gyazo.com/390b3203b0a33fbb99783579d84e3d25

I have had to hard code it in myself - but its annoying af and does not always work with your updates therefore requires manual re-customization (so it would be nice if you integrate it into the app yourself).

Secondly - i am having a lot of pains with categories - cant delete them, and awards that i move from one cat to another doesnt register that way on forums. It just means more painful manual database editing.

21f4886888a7127b5046d3718d87ffd3.png
https://gyazo.com/21f4886888a7127b5046d3718d87ffd3

Please give us the option to NOT have categories - they are extremely annoying. I used to like the older iAwards where there were no categories. At the very least give us an option to disable - i have asked for this in previous updates and many others wanted it too.

5 minutes ago, GreatJackal said:

He means this

390b3203b0a33fbb99783579d84e3d25.png
https://gyazo.com/390b3203b0a33fbb99783579d84e3d25

I have had to hard code it in myself - but its annoying af and does not always work with your updates therefore requires manual re-customization (so it would be nice if you integrate it into the app yourself)

I'll take a look. 

11 minutes ago, GreatJackal said:

Please give us the option to NOT have categories - they are extremely annoying. I used to like the older iAwards where there were no categories. At the very least give us an option to disable - i have asked for this in previous updates and many others wanted it too.

No way. A FULL refactoring of the app would be required and this is totally out of question. Wait for Raw's return next month and make your request directly to him. 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll take a look. 

No way. A FULL refactoring of the app would be required and this is totally out of question. Wait for Raw's return next month and make your request directly to him. 

I more meant - allow us to expand/collapse categories. Treat them like Forums are treated. If someone wants to be able to view all awards on 1 page - give them the freedom to. The fact I have to click on Awards and then on a Category is too many clicks and costs traffic. It should be a simple 1 click and it shows everythging (or allows you to collapse categories - just like how IPS treats them)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, willorp said:

It is the question, what is iawards has automatic functions?

I believe you want to ask: will iAwards auto-give awards to members?  

Yes.  

As long as you set up rules (eg. Reputation = 10, Reputation = 20, Reputation = 30), then iAwards will automatically give awards.  

9 hours ago, Joel R said:

I believe you want to ask: will iAwards auto-give awards to members?  

Yes.  

As long as you set up rules (eg. Reputation = 10, Reputation = 20, Reputation = 30), then iAwards will automatically give awards.  

It is necessary to install: Automation Rules?

23 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

Hi guys, I've taken this plugin as new developer.

I stay listening for suggestions and available for support requests.

I read some complaints in some review ( @Jimmy Gavekort@JACK RM, @Bendensin ),

please tell me if you still have problems with this app, thank you.

I bought it and was never able to use it. I could find no way to give an award to anybody. I tried again and again to contact the previous developer, through their site, through this site. But nobody ever replied. So basically IAwards has been totally useless to me. Then I had problems removing it and couldn't get support for that either. Finally I was able to get rid of it, since then I have had no interest in using IAwards.

@InvisionHQ

Hi,

I have yet to upgrade to 4.2x, but I have a few suggestions.

1. If it's not available, can you please re-implement giving awards to multiple members at a time? The last time I checked, that feature was removed because it interfered with something.

2. Last I checked, there's sorting by date, category, and title, while ascending and descending order. Can we please give members more control, by allowing them to sort by clicking and dragging awards or by an up/down arrow button? Or in a way that gives them more control? Please consider.

3. Pagination: If there are many awards the page can get very long and messy. Can we have a setting to choose the amount of awards to display per page?

*I'm willing to help fund these features I request. :)

I recently upgraded from IPBoard 3 and had an older version Awards System.  Now I'm in the current IPBoard 4 version with the current iAwards.  I'm getting some odd behavior.

When I installed the app in IP4 the awards from the previous install automatically populated inside of the admincp.  If I click on "manage award" for a specific award it'll show everyone who has been awarded correctly.  I also checked the "Awards System" upgrade page and it says "Awards System is already upgraded."

However, the actual "awards" page on the front end is completely blank and shows no awards.  Additionally, all individual members profiles' awards tabs are also completely empty.  

Why is stuff showing up inside of the admincp but nothing is populating in the front end?

UPDATE: Got it figured out.  It was the individual award permissions.  Would be REALLY nice if the category permissions overrode the individual permissions.  Now I have around 40 awards I need to set permissions for.

Edited by Cavadus