iAwards

I've had a problem lately with 1.1.0 and 1.1.1… This used to work just fine in previous versions, but I think this is the first new award I created since then. Also, if it matters, I created this new award by duplicating an existing award in the same category.

Anyway, I created the new award, a "No Sixes Challenge" award. I uploaded a .svg file, which was stored on the server as:

no_sixes_challenge_svg.ff88e64c40aaf6c72c5b5cb07b91aea2

Note the lack of the extension.

I noticed that the other files were named, for example:

opposite_swing.svg.dd88f6447d814e85107c8467c8499b4d.svg

(With the double ".svg" thing, both at the end of the original filename and then after the randomized character string).

As such the image didn't load, and when I viewed the image, it said I lacked the permissions.

I've had to change the filename to add the .svg and then edit the database to add the ".svg" at the end there, to this:

no_sixes_challenge_svg.ff88e64c40aaf6c72c5b5cb07b91aea2.svg

So basically, the bug appears to be that upon uploading a .svg file, the extension is not added to the filename.

I have not tested to see if this is true of all other file types, or if it's just SVG files.

I am using the latest IPS (4.2.5) and iAwards 1.1.1.

Bug report:

When you duplicate an award that has already been awarded, the "total awarded" tallies for that award, and its category, will be incorrect.

See here: http://www.bigarches.com/index.php?/awards/

The "rare catch" category, for example, say 7 awarded http://www.bigarches.com/index.php?/awards/category/8-rare-catch-angler-trophies/\

However I've only awarded 1 (to myself). I copied the award 6 times which appears to have caused the tally error.

Edit: in the meantime I'd like to know how to recount awards to fix the problem.

Edited by Sterlingz
16 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

Fixed in the next release.

In the meanwhile you can recount adding or removing an award. @Sterlingz

Awarding and "un-awarding" fixes the tally for that particular award, but not for its category's total tally.

Edit: and adding/removing a new award doesn't recount the category tally.

Edited by Sterlingz

@-RAW- 

Recently  update my board in IPS 4.2.5

I had awards in 3.4.5 (don't remember version), i installed iAwards 1.1.1 and i can't make it work. When i try to update in iAwards i have this error

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS awards.awards_id,awards.awards_name,awards.awards_desc,awards.awards_img,awards.awards_pos,awards.awards_cat_id,awards.awards_awarded FROM `ibf_awards` AS `awards` WHERE awards.awards_cat_id = 1
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'awards.awards_img' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/system/Db/Select.php(378): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT SQL_CALC...', Array, true)
#1 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/system/Db/Select.php(276): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/applications/awards/modules/admin/upgrade/awardsSystem.php(97): IPS\Db\_Select->setKeyField('awards_id')
#3 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\awards\modules\admin\upgrade\_awardsSystem->manage()
#4 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/applications/awards/modules/admin/upgrade/awardsSystem.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\awards\modules\admin\upgrade\_awardsSystem->execute()
#6 /home/valtasar/public_html/forums/gcadmin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Any advice ?

On 26/10/2017 at 8:39 PM, Valtasar said:

@InvisionHQ it didn't work so i tried to update awards (no jawards)

Thanks for your reply

I need to check in your DB, or if you can lost old awards uninstall old app and reinstall the new one.

On 26/10/2017 at 8:36 PM, iacas said:

just wanted to make sure you saw that. SVGs still fail, PNGs do not. In my testing anyway.

Ok, I'm checking this report on my dev board.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered a bug:

If you have an existing award, and f.e. 10 members have already been awarded with this award, and you try to copy this award to create a new one, then...

Result: You get a copy of this award, BUT the awarded counter in the category overview shows "10" (which should be 0) for the new copied award. If you click on "10" to open a list of the awarded, no one is shown (=correct again), BUT there is no option to delete/null the copied awarded counter number.

1 hour ago, InvisionHQ said:

This is a "Rules" question, you can have more info in Rules topic.

No it is not a Rules question, it is about which events, conditions and actions iAwards supports. The developer of Rules can't know that and I can't know that before purchasing iAwards. But thank you, I guess this answer is more then enough for now. 

When I said that your answer is good enough, I meant that clearly you don't understand the question, which means that probably understanding and providing Rules support is very low on your priorities list = good enough answer for me. Even though it is still on the app description, so it should be something that is supported. 

Anyway, when an app adds supports for Rules, it creates its own Events, Conditions and Actions. There is no such thing as "All Events, Conditions and Actions of the Rules app". It is something the other dev (i.e., you) needs to add. (Sometimes Rules are able to pick up some events, conditions and actions from 3rd party app, but this is an exception). Some basic examples:

- You add an event for "A member is awarded". Then I can add a condition to check if a member is in group "Advanced members" and an Action "Post a topic with congratulations". In this case the event is based on iawards, the conditions and action are supported by the core integration of Rules. 

- You add a condition "Member has award", which returns true or false. Then I can use again the core event "Member has posted a topic" and action "Pin a topic". Thus, if a member has certain award all topics he posts will be pinned. 

- You add an action "Award a member". Then I can use core event "Member has validated" and add your action to give award to each validated member. 

The Rules app can't create an event for "A member is awarded", condition for "Member has an award" and action for "Award a member", this is something that should be provided by you. I hope my question is more clear now, I was asking what event, conditions and actions this app provides. 

Question:

In the account settings, I can hide awards. But it hides them everywhere, because there is only 1 setting...

What I want to realize is:

• Member can hide awards separately from showing (1) in the member profile tab (2) on post bit below avatar (3) below posts/signature
  • F.e. I want my members to choose themselves their 3 most important awards to show below the avatar (maximum display restriction = 3), so they can individually decide what are the 3 most worthy awards for them. But in their member profile tab all awards should be shown.
  • How can I setup this requirement? Thanks.
  • 2 weeks later...