Auto Welcome Support

On 18/1/2016 at 11:47 PM, NoGi said:

@Mike John on IPS 4.1.7 and AutoWelcome 2.4.6 I am getting duplicate post creation. Is this related to the duplicate PM issue everyone else is reporting?

Yep working on this, new version expected in the next several days.

On 18/1/2016 at 2:06 AM, Michael R said:

Is it possible to add a setting to send the message on approval? We do not automatically approve members on our site. So as soon as they register, Newbies are getting the welsome message. This is really confusing -- especially when I don't approve their registration...

That should already be the case but some changes in 4.1.7 may have changed this. The new version will correct this so that the welcome email is sent only on validation.

New version has released that patches the save settings bug and also fixes the duplicate alerts being sent out.

I've overhauled how I send out the alerts, so looking for feedback on how it's working with the various validation settings. Additional support for Facebook/Twitter accounts should now be possible and will be added after I confirm the new code works good.

8 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

I've tried twice with two users,  the member can not validate the email, and admin can't validate the member either.  I didn't get any topics.   I disabled it for now.

I have checked, your right. 

Email validate is down, I have it also disabled! 

On 1/21/2016 at 8:35 PM, Mike John said:

Yep working on this, new version expected in the next several days.

That should already be the case but some changes in 4.1.7 may have changed this. The new version will correct this so that the welcome email is sent only on validation.

Validation or approval? I don't want an email to go to the user until I manually approve the account.

8 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Ok admin validation does not work at all with this enabled now lol, I cannot approve anyone with this installed, and still getting two topics :(

7 hours ago, InsideEdge said:

I've tried twice with two users,  the member can not validate the email, and admin can't validate the member either.  I didn't get any topics.   I disabled it for now.

7 hours ago, R-023 said:

I have checked, your right. 

Email validate is down, I have it also disabled! 

Can not reproduce, will need ftp/acp login details of affected boards to troubleshoot further.

6 hours ago, Michael R said:

Validation or approval? I don't want an email to go to the user until I manually approve the account.

Validation.

2 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Validation.

Well that stinks. I only want the email to go those who have been approved as a member. If the email goes to them at validation, they think they are regular members and then complain when they cant access the site.

Is there no way to add this as a setting?

15 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Well that stinks. I only want the email to go those who have been approved as a member. If the email goes to them at validation, they think they are regular members and then complain when they cant access the site.

Is there no way to add this as a setting?

To be honest I'm not sure. My effort to get IPS to add the same onCompleteAccount function that existed in IPB 3.4 haven't been successful so I'll try again before evaluating the future of this mod.

I'm going to try another place to hook in that I discovered after wrapping up this last update that may help.

8 minutes ago, Mike John said:

To be honest I'm not sure. My effort to get IPS to add the same onCompleteAccount function that existed in IPB 3.4 haven't been successful so I'll try again before evaluating the future of this mod.

I'm going to try another place to hook in that I discovered after wrapping up this last update that may help.

Okay, thank you. I don't know what IP removed it.

Edited by Michael R