Auto Welcome Support

On 21/12/2015 at 5:20 PM, eden buganim said:

Yeah sure. I checked and pm message works fine for us but status update no send to news members.

Damn, I specifically tested this in a few scenarios but yes appears not to work now. If anyone else can report otherwise, please let me know. I'll have another look at this and get back to you.

On 22/12/2015 at 11:33 AM, Francisca Canovas said:

me to.

EX4096

And that's after upgrading to the latest Auto Welcome as well?

On 24/12/2015 at 6:01 AM, Morrigan said:

Hey @Mike John If you need it I can give you access to mine. I'm getting the same issue but I'm super stoked that it's in the newest version! Greatest Christmas gift!!

Thanks that would be appreciated.

On 26/12/2015 at 4:39 PM, N4H said:

So does this work or not work if the user signs up using facebook login for example?

No Facebook support right now although this may be supported in the future, see here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2016 at 3:39 AM, xtech said:

Updated to the last version and it's working now!

Just to confirm that is v4.1.6.1? I'm also not able to reproduce this on the latest version.

16 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

I am getting the same error  EX4096 when I try to use the topic section. I only downloaded and installed last night so should be the latest update.

v4.1.6.1? If not try the very latest.

3 hours ago, NoGi said:

Has the recent updates with IPS brought about any likelihood of getting this to work with Facebook registrations again?

I couldn't find anything in v4.1.6.1 that would suggest it. But this reply gives me hope.

3 hours ago, Mike John said:

If anyone is still getting errors with v4.1.6.1 I'll need ftp/acp login details to troubleshoot further.

The only error I get is that PMs are sent twice. Maybe it's because the mail address has to be verified before you can use my forum? It looks like the first PM will be send upon registration and the second one upon verification. I'll send you login details for troubleshooting.

5 hours ago, Admonstrator said:

The only error I get is that PMs are sent twice. Maybe it's because the mail address has to be verified before you can use my forum? It looks like the first PM will be send upon registration and the second one upon verification. I'll send you login details for troubleshooting.

That is what I was to report. I have the same error. I thought that could be related to number of languages . I keep English so that support can access and help on my issues and use Turkish as my default. 

Do you have two languages or a single one ? 

The other bug I have realised is that when I leave email sender as empty ( in which the board email should be used normally ) it is saved without any problem but I go to other menus within ACP come back and see that my user is set as the sender.

1 hour ago, ABGenc said:

Ok, thanks,  that may give a clue to @Mike John

As I already said: I think it's a bug because the PM will be send as soon as the member joins the community - and afterwards the message will send again as soon as the member confirms his/her mail address. This would explain why the delay between the two PMs can be up to some minutes. (I checked this by using the PM Viewer)

Edited by Admonstrator
1 minute ago, Admonstrator said:

As I already said: I think it's a bug because the PM will be send as soon as the member joins the community - and afterwards the message will send again as soon as the member confirms his/her mail address. This would explain why the delay between the two PMs can be up to some minutes. (I checked this by using the PM Viewer)

That makes sense :thumbsup: