Auto Welcome Support

Would it be possible, for a future version, to make it where the admin can make several different messages, and then a random one will be posted when creating a new thread.

​It's not likely in the near term but I think I've had this suggestion before and will look at it next time I add more features.

I've got 2 issues with the app at the moment on 4.0.6:

Password resets are causing the autowelcome message to be posted and users that register through Facebook SSO, it's not passing their username, instead I'm getting long strings like:

Hello 4e0bfefdbcdef52580f8aa9a6b76177f,

Welcome to my Forum.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

regards,
admin

I've got 2 issues with the app at the moment on 4.0.6:

Password resets are causing the autowelcome message to be posted and users that register through Facebook SSO, it's not passing their username, instead I'm getting long strings like:

​Thanks for reporting, both issues are logged and will be looked at next version.

I love this script and it has done great to get my community active, especially new members. I want to enable the Facebook Login hander, but as mentioned with the issue above, I can't do so yet. Any estimate as to when an updated version, which addresses the Facebook issue, might be available?

I love this script and it has done great to get my community active, especially new members. I want to enable the Facebook Login hander, but as mentioned with the issue above, I can't do so yet. Any estimate as to when an updated version, which addresses the Facebook issue, might be available?

Should be within the next several days. :) Just working through bug fixing updates for all my IPB4 apps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes for the Facebook issue in particular that's holding up some other fixes. I'm going to try something else that I think will work.

Great thanks, the Facebook issue is killing me atm with all the renames I have to do on threads.

Great thanks, the Facebook issue is killing me atm with all the renames I have to do on threads.

If you can provide ftp and acp access, I can apply the current patch I'm working on now. I still want to test it a bit more but at least it saves you time editing topics.

I've just released an update with a temporary solution for the Facebook issue and a fix for password change. Facebook registrations are temporarily disabled until a better solution can be found. The problem is that the member sync functions I used in IPB 3.4 are a little different in IPB 4 and that's making it harder as I need to hook in a lot more with this version.

3 new members registered today and for none of them new Welcome topic has been automatically created.

Not sure about PM and email.

Worked fine with previous version.

Downgraded to 2.4.2 for now.

I'll see if it works again.

Were any of these Facebook or SSO registrations?