Auto Welcome Support

3 hours ago, crazzzydave said:

Hi Mike. As always, another great app. Love it. The only slight issue I've noticed is that although it does send the New Member a welcome email, the notification isn't working. So unless they click on the "messages" icon at the top of the screen, they don't actually know the pm is there? Only a slight bug, otherwise a superb app!

Yeah I noticed a few cases where that icon won't show. It is on my radar but a lower priority until a few more other fixes are done.

• 3 weeks later...

Per request:

12 hours ago, Zen Media Studios said:

This seems like a great plugin and we'll likely end up using the PM feature for my client, but the newly added feature of the post as a reply to the members post into a specific topic seems incomplete.

This client has a welcome forum where newbs can post. They are held there until 3 approved posts to help combat spam. Is it possible to reply to their first post in that forum vs a named topic? The assumption of the software is there is 1 topic people post in - in this use case there is 1 forum where new members make their own topic to introduce themselves to the board. In this instance, we wouldn't know the topic id/url as is required for that feature to work.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 5:57 PM, iDeath said:

If members register using external login methods such as facebook, twitter and google+ it generates 2 topics. The first topic is a very hashed ID generated by the login method until said member chooses a display name which it then generates a new topic with their new username. Any fix?

Still not fixed.

23 hours ago, iDeath said:

Still not fixed.

My latest record says I sent a test bit of code via PM with no reply back. Any update on that?

3 hours ago, EmpireKickAss said:

is plugin working with 4.1.11?

No reported issues yet but untested myself.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, pilotguy said:

Those numbers look like the "name" that gets assigned to new sign ins using Facebook or Twitter/Google before the user verifies their account and picks a name. 

Well, it seems to just be that one time, so I'll just keep my eye out for if it happens again. Thank you for the heads up on what it could be.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Well I have a big problem with, I've installed the app but no one can now register our forum, I have an error : 2S129/1

I've uninstalled it but nothing work either. I tried to contact IPB support, that told me : This seems to be being caused by the "Auto Welcome" modification you have installed. You would need to contact the author of this application and find out why its still doing things on your site, as even though its uninstalled, it seems its not removed columns etc from the database and so is still breaking things.

Edited by Julien Leconte
13 hours ago, Julien Leconte said:

Hello, Well I have a big problem with, I've installed the app but no one can now register our forum, I have an error : 2S129/1

That looks like the "You are not permitted to register a user account with this site." error message that the spam service produces. Have you modified any of your spam service settings, perhaps the threshold for triggering a spam account is set lower then normal?

The database changes the app makes adds language strings for the welcome messages, I don't see how that would affect the spam service at all. Especially not if the Auto Welcome app itself is uninstalled.

On 29/03/2016 at 11:48 AM, crazzzydave said:

The notification seems to be working, which is good. Just the message being sent to admin aswell as the new member that's the only issue now.

Hello, really good stuff ^_^

But the notification system doesn't work with me, the PM is well received but no notifcation appears.

Good evening,
I'm new to IP BOARD and let me know how this plugin is installed please :(

On 22/06/2016 at 2:51 AM, Mike John said:

Known issue, no ETA on a fix yet though.

Good evening,

6 hours ago, Eokoz said:

Good evening,

Good evening,

Download it, extract the file. Go into your admin panel and find plugins under system tab and you will be taken to the plugin page where it says instal new, click and choose the file you downloaded and upload it. Configure settings in member tab. 

1 hour ago, lostaussie said:

Download it, extract the file. Go into your admin panel and find plugins under system tab and you will be taken to the plugin page where it says instal new, click and choose the file you downloaded and upload it. Configure settings in member tab. 

I have to download to the root of the forum?

11 minutes ago, Eokoz said:

I have to download to the root of the forum?

You download it to your computer. You click on the download button to do that which is located in the market place for this plugin, make sure you get the latest version. Then follow the instructions I posted before. 

1 hour ago, lostaussie said:

I have downloaded on my computer but I do not know or put it in my FTP.

7 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

You download it to your computer. You click on the download button to do that which is located in the market place for this plugin, make sure you get the latest version. Then follow the instructions I posted before. 

I have downloaded on my computer but I do not know or put it in my FTP.

5 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

You dont need a FTP, as I said now go to your admin panel of the forum and follow my first post instructions. Make sure you extract the compressed zip file first.

For I am on IPS alone XML march for the grafts.

On 25/06/2016 at 5:52 PM, lostaussie said:

I noticed the short code, %topic_link% is not showing on the email that is sent. It is showing in the email setup and everything else seems fine but just not coming through in email.Just a space where the link should be. 

This is a confirmed bug but I don't have a patch available right now. But will be fixed next release.

23 hours ago, Eokoz said:

If you view the included "Install Readme" file, it will instruct you how to install this application.