Auto Welcome Support

13 hours ago, Mike John said:

This is a confirmed bug but I don't have a patch available right now. But will be fixed next release.

If you view the included "Install Readme" file, it will instruct you how to install this application.

Thank you for your advice has run instalation I'm happy , only here I asked a question .
With this plugin your can create multiple portals ? For my objective and creates 7 in all different.
It's possible ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

GREAT APP!  If you're looking to IMPROVE the app -- perhaps include a way to SPIN auto responses.  For example, in the Status when someone joins it's the same auto welcome.  

Whereas if you ever have used a Spinner type program to recreate the same article with different words that mean the same thing -- it displays a different article -- yet the same.

For example, 

(Everyone say hi to | Let's welcome | Welcome aboard | So glad to see you)  (%User_Name%)!  (%User_Name%) just joined our ( little corner on the web | forums | bulletin boards | fellowship )

So that you'd have a multiple set of responses so that it doesn't look automatic.

Just a suggestion. ^_^  If you're unfamiliar with Spinning -- this is one of the most used spinning programs on the market.  http://thebestspinner.com/

9 hours ago, Eokoz said:

Hello, I was thinking about this stuff : http://dofus.team-exodia.fr/

Could you please take a screenshot of the specific area? Some of it's lost to me due to the translation needed.

5 hours ago, BostonBob said:

So that you'd have a multiple set of responses so that it doesn't look automatic.

I like it! I'll note this for a future version. It all depends on what's possible within the editor but if I'm able to add it, I'll definitely consider it.

On 29/06/2016 at 2:17 AM, Mike John said:

Can you clarify a bit more on what you mean by portals?

Simply put simply creates a specific page by games with box and contents and therefore subjects the latest topics posted on this particular game.

On 03/07/2016 at 11:52 AM, Eokoz said:

Simply put simply creates a specific page by games with box and contents and therefore subjects the latest topics posted on this particular game.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Do you have a screenshot of what you mean?

On 07/07/2016 at 10:08 AM, iDeath said:

I replied to your message stating the code snip did not work. The issue only occurs when someone registers using an external login app such as facebook, twitter and so forth.

I'm just catching up with my personal messages but from a quick glance I'm not seeing anything recent from you. Will reply if there is.

15 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm sorry I don't understand. Do you have a screenshot of what you mean?

I'm just catching up with my personal messages but from a quick glance I'm not seeing anything recent from you. Will reply if there is.

I bumped it up for you if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3 March 2016 at 2:22 PM, Mike John said:

I'm looking for people who are willing to help with testing for Facebook/Twitter signups. Both with email validation enabled and disabled. If your forum is available, please PM with ftp and acp login details.

Hi Mike, I'm up for testing for you.  We have a 10+ year old community and would love to have the auto-welcome working with Facebook signups which I think account for about 8 out of every 10 new signups to our website.  Is this offer for testing still available?

On 08/08/2016 at 11:29 PM, N4H said:

Hi Mike, I'm up for testing for you.  We have a 10+ year old community and would love to have the auto-welcome working with Facebook signups which I think account for about 8 out of every 10 new signups to our website.  Is this offer for testing still available?

Definitely but there may be some delay, feel through to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2016 at 10:13 PM, Unlucky said:

We have just noticed that the status update is not working correctly

I've noted this and will try to include in the next update. To help me troubleshoot this, can you tell me if you have the same issue when you create an account through the acp?

13 hours ago, Buschiq said:

Since I updated to latest version of IPB (4.1.14.1) two days ago Auto Welcome is no longer sending out pm's or creating posts in our welcome topic. 

I've got no reports of this yet but will check when I do my bug fixing round for IPB 4.1.14.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there is an easy way to include additional fields in the messages? There are already built-in variables for member name, ID, etc. but for example, we're planning on using this to post auto-intro threads and want to include specific contact information they enter in custom profile fields. Is there an easy way to pass this information into new variables?

Hey this is an awesome plugin!

A few question:

• What is Status Update for? I don't seem to get it working
  • Send welcome pm - Is there anyway to highlight the envelope icon without member clicking it? As member may not notice it.
  • Send welcome email. This doesn't seem to be working, is there anything I have to set up? I leave Email Sender as empty. 

I'm using version 4.1.14.2

Million thanks!

On 05/09/2016 at 3:16 AM, DrMath said:

I was wondering if there is an easy way to include additional fields in the messages? There are already built-in variables for member name, ID, etc. but for example, we're planning on using this to post auto-intro threads and want to include specific contact information they enter in custom profile fields. Is there an easy way to pass this information into new variables?

Not possible currently but it is something I will be looking at for the next major version.

On 06/09/2016 at 10:09 PM, goodnightworld said:
  • What is Status Update for? I don't seem to get it working
  • Send welcome pm - Is there anyway to highlight the envelope icon without member clicking it? As member may not notice it.
  • Send welcome email. This doesn't seem to be working, is there anything I have to set up? I leave Email Sender as empty. 
  1. I'm getting some bug reports for the status update feature. So it may actually be not working.
  2. Can you clarify this one a bit?
  3. Does it work any differently if you fill out a member as the email sender?
On 2016-08-24 at 2:54 PM, Buschiq said:

Since I updated to latest version of IPB (4.1.14.1) two days ago Auto Welcome is no longer sending out pm's or creating posts in our welcome topic. 

On 2016-08-25 at 4:17 AM, Mike John said:

I've got no reports of this yet but will check when I do my bug fixing round for IPB 4.1.14.

Any news about this? It's been almost three weeks now and I really miss this feature, Auto Welcome is great when it's working.

On 9/12/2016 at 0:54 AM, jacboy said:

Could you describe us how you did that?

In your IPS root, go into "applications/autowelcome/sources/Alerts/". In it is a file called "Alerts.php" Edit this file.

Find 

protected static function returnTagValues( $member=NULL, $topic=NULL )

In this, you will see the current values you can used defined. Before the "Topic tag" section, add your own values. This requires some knowledge of the $member functionality which you can find here: https://invisionpower.com/4docs/advanced-usage/development/working-with-members-r179/

If you have custom profile fields, you will need to use the $member->profileFields() getter. This creates an array of all of your custom profile fields. An easy way to get see how yours is structured is to create a page and display this for yourself. Create a page using as an HTML page then use the following code to see the array:

{{ $member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn(); }}
{{ var_dump($member->profileFields()); exit; }}

Each "section" you have defined with have its own array, so to get these you will have to define variables as a multidimensional array. An example of mine are below:

/* Get Profile Fields for Custom Tags */
		$profile_fields = $member->profileFields();

/* Custom Tags */
		$tags['%region%']       = $profile_fields['core_pfieldgroups_1']['core_pfield_11'];
		$tags['%discord_un%']   = $profile_fields['core_pfieldgroups_1']['core_pfield_38'];
		$tags['%main_game%']   = $profile_fields['core_pfieldgroups_3']['core_pfield_12'];
		$tags['%battle_tag%']   = $profile_fields['core_pfieldgroups_4']['core_pfield_4'];

These will not show up in the list in the ACP, but you will be able to then use them in your welcome messages and code. ^_^ If the author does not want this posted, I will remove it upon request. Hope this helps some people!

Side question, @Mike John, is it possible to change when the messages are sent? For example, we have two-step registration, email confirmation then admin approval. We'd like to send the message/post the thread before the admin approves if possible. Thanks!

Edited by DrMath
On 12/09/2016 at 4:00 PM, Buschiq said:

Any news about this? It's been almost three weeks now and I really miss this feature, Auto Welcome is great when it's working.

Not for a few more weeks unfortunately. Still flat out with bug fixes for all my apps.

On 15/09/2016 at 11:07 AM, DrMath said:

These will not show up in the list in the ACP, but you will be able to then use them in your welcome messages and code. ^_^ If the author does not want this posted, I will remove it upon request. Hope this helps some people!

No issue for me as long as people understand it's not currently a core feature.

On 15/09/2016 at 11:07 AM, DrMath said:

, is it possible to change when the messages are sent? For example, we have two-step registration, email confirmation then admin approval. We'd like to send the message/post the thread before the admin approves if possible. Thanks!

Technically yes but IPB4 doesn't make things easy for me. If you open applications/autowelcome/hooks/validatehook.php. I'll have to confirm with the code but if you remove the "validationComplete" function and the second if statement in the "postRegistration" function.

/* Welcome member straight awway */
	    if( \IPS\Settings::i()->reg_auth_type == 'none' OR \IPS\Request::i()->do == 'complete' )
        {

That should in theory welcome the member after email validation but before admin validation. But it would need to be tested and I may be missing some improvements that IPB 4.1.14 or later may have introduced.