Auto Welcome Support

@Mike John I was testing login with facebook functionality and found out that for users logging in with facebook do not receive a welcome message or email.

My forum highly depends on the welcome messages and email the new users receive to get into the community. Can this be achieved ?

Note: I hgave not tried for twitter or other login options. This problem may or may not be true for those

On 12/2/2016 at 6:23 AM, ABGenc said:

@Mike John I was testing login with facebook functionality and found out that for users logging in with facebook do not receive a welcome message or email.

My forum highly depends on the welcome messages and email the new users receive to get into the community. Can this be achieved ?

What user validation setting do you have currently set?

15 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm going to need some time before I can revisit this but I do have a theoretical bit of code that may work. If you want to test it, let me know and can put together the instructions.

I would like to test it but I am currently out of town. I will PM you when I am back

If members register using external login methods such as facebook, twitter and google+ it generates 2 topics. The first topic is a very hashed ID generated by the login method until said member chooses a display name which it then generates a new topic with their new username. Any fix?

On 22/2/2016 at 10:57 AM, iDeath said:

If members register using external login methods such as facebook, twitter and google+ it generates 2 topics. The first topic is a very hashed ID generated by the login method until said member chooses a display name which it then generates a new topic with their new username. Any fix?

1. What version of Auto Welcome and IP.Board are you using?
  2. Do you have any email validation enabled?
4 hours ago, Mike John said:
  1. What version of Auto Welcome and IP.Board are you using?
  2. Do you have any email validation enabled?

I have the latest version 2.4.9 and no I do not. This only started happening after I downloaded the latest update.

Edited by iDeath