Auto Welcome Support

The Auto Welcome app has been updated with IP.Board 4.2.x compatibility and several more bug fixes. Full list of changes below

1. IP.Board 4.2.x compatibly update.
  2. Status updates should now use author set.
  3. Support for Chatbox has been added.
  4. The %topic_link% quick tag should work in non topic alerts now.
  5. Option to send as system pm added to prevent inbox filling up of sender.
  6. New %member_link% added that is a mention style link to member joining.
  7. Dev warning for "non-abstract" should be fixed.
  8. Support for social media signups improved.

I would again ask that people use the support topic for support issues rather then reviews. Leaving reviews about issues without actually including any details or follow up does not help me fix or update this app faster.

Hi @Mike John I have upgraded to 4.2 and updated to application to 2.5.0. I am using only PM and email welcome.  

Here are my findings

• When normal registration used ( Using Quick Register + Profile Completion ) after email adress is verified, only email is sent to the user. No PM is sent ( in both  cases, System PM On and Off )
  • When Facebook registration is used nothing is sent to user .

I'm unable to save settings!

EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again.

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 /home/*/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(394): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/home/*...', 394, Array)
#1 /home/*/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `core_sy...', Array)
#2 /home/*/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(701): IPS\_Db->update('`core_sys_conf_...', '`conf_value`=(?...', 'WHERE conf_key=...')
#3 /home/*/public_html/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(126): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings(Array)
#4 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->manage()
#5 /home/*/public_html/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->execute()
#7 /home/*/public_html/**/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

re-install fixed it!

Edited by Netherlord
On 8/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, ABGenc said:
  • When normal registration used ( Using Quick Register + Profile Completion ) after email adress is verified, only email is sent to the user. No PM is sent ( in both  cases, System PM On and Off )
  • When Facebook registration is used nothing is sent to user .

Just in case it's in relation to the PM notification bug, can you confirm you check the physical PM inbox for any PM for point 1?

Regarding Facebook registrations, can you confirm that the display name is being set by these users? The Auto Welcome app should be waiting until the display name is set before sending anything.

On 8/12/2017 at 6:29 AM, Deep Blue 76 said:

Is it normal that the system does not report a private message that is not read? There is no indication at the private message icon. So you will not notice it right away ... can you make sure that the new private message is signaled?

Confirmed bug. I don't have a patch but will be fixed next version.

8 hours ago, Mike John said:

Just in case it's in relation to the PM notification bug, can you confirm you check the physical PM inbox for any PM for point 1?

When I had reported the bug I had checked and confirmed there were no PMs on mailboxes but now I see them. I have checked and again an I can confirm that PMs are sent but no notification is displayed.

8 hours ago, Mike John said:

Regarding Facebook registrations, can you confirm that the display name is being set by these users? The Auto Welcome app should be waiting until the display name is set before sending anything.

This was not the case. Real names were used. I have changed the settings and will check. Thanks.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:39 PM, ABGenc said:

When I had reported the bug I had checked and confirmed there were no PMs on mailboxes but now I see them. I have checked and again an I can confirm that PMs are sent but no notification is displayed.

Well it should be sent instantly so I can't explain why there would be a delay. But let me know if this still is a problem. The notification flag is still confirmed and I'll have to take another stab at it again. I wanted to get out the several fixes I had at the time.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:32 PM, Deep Blue 76 said:

I noticed that when registering a user the system tells me that I have a new pm. If I go to see it, it's already been read by the new user even if that's not true. It basically marks it when the new record is valid, even if the user is not connected for hours

Are we talking about the notification indicator saying it's been "read"? If so, that's a confirmed bug.

This thing is awesome, thank you so much!

One question though. The PM to new users goes through just fine, but there is no notification about an unread message. Is this how it is meant to be? I would imagine that the "PM" envelop marker should be highlighted to show that there is a pm waiting to be read?

On 8/31/2017 at 10:01 PM, Steph Jensen said:

One question though. The PM to new users goes through just fine, but there is no notification about an unread message. Is this how it is meant to be? I would imagine that the "PM" envelop marker should be highlighted to show that there is a pm waiting to be read?

This is currently a confirmed bug.

15 hours ago, Deep Blue 76 said:

@Mike John I understand why the new user does not notice the notification of a new private message ... because the plugin puts the new registered user as starter pm and the admin as recipient, in fact, every time a user is enabled, it turns out to me a new jarring private. Can you solve this problem quickly? thank you

Do you have ftp access to your files? If so, I can give you the necessary edit to test this out first.

I'm not seeing any improvements with this change. Still not creating flag.

Edit: I might have some work around code for the PM notification. If anyone is available to test, please PM me.

Edited by Mike John

Hello, I am still running  4,1.19, (some important plugins i am using are not yet updated to 4.2 and dont know when they will) 

can I upload the new auto welcome for version 4.2  since it has the option to not fill the inbox of the sender ?  or will it not work ?   hope the question is not too dumb :-) sorry!!!:sorcerer:

On 9/9/2017 at 11:09 PM, MeMaBlue said:

can I upload the new auto welcome for version 4.2  since it has the option to not fill the inbox of the sender ?  or will it not work ?   hope the question is not too dumb :-) sorry!!!:sorcerer:

No problem at all doing that. :)

On 9/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, GregoryRasputin said:

It hasn't done it with every new member that has joined since the update, it has done it with a few though.

Do you have just user email validation or also admin validation as well? Is there anything that perhaps was done differently with the member who had 2 threads? Even if it's something small, would help me track it down.

12 hours ago, Mike John said:

No problem at all doing that. :)

Do you have just user email validation or also admin validation as well? Is there anything that perhaps was done differently with the member who had 2 threads? Even if it's something small, would help me track it down.

I have user email validation, there was nothing differently done with the duplicate member threads, i updated the forum software to 4.2.4, and updated your application and updated a couple of plugins, then started noting double thread creations.

Edited by GregoryRasputin
8 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

I have user email validation, there was nothing differently done with the duplicate member threads, i updated the forum software to 4.2.4, and updated your application and updated a couple of plugins, then started noting double thread creations.

As it's still listed as beta, I will wait a few versions until it's more stable and then upgrade on my end if needed. Either this is a bug with IPB 4 itself or they have changed something I hook into or extend.