Auto Welcome Support

4 hours ago, Mike John said:

The alert itself should be checking if it's enabled regardless of whether it's a normal or social media signup. There's no chance your getting the internal email that IPB4 sends itself for new signups?

Can you send me a screenshot of your settings and will try and reproduce when I get a chance to look into IPB 4.3 in more detail.

Not currently and would need bit of an overhaul of the app to send out alerts in that way. I'd like to see quite a bit of interest from users before making a big change like that.

There's a long list of settings so what part(s) would you need so we can hopefully avoid multiple screenshots?

On 3/30/2018 at 3:01 PM, JTrollerb123 said:

There's a long list of settings so what part(s) would you need so we can hopefully avoid multiple screenshots?

Your post/topic settings, status update settings and a screenshot of how it looks like when posted please.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Thomas Due Halfdaner said:

I can confirm it working fine 4.3, without any errors ?

On 4/21/2018 at 8:40 PM, EmpireKickass said:

double check, might be working but there might be an little error! 

Yep should be good to upgrade as is. But there are a few new minor bugs reported that exist in both 4.2 and 4.3 that will be fixed in an upcoming version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Mike John,

just a suggestion for the feature in the plugin that posts in the chat box a welcome message. I think it would be really awesome if it could pick one of the multiple choices, so each time it's different instead of the same exact chat box post. Allowing people to make a list of like 30+ alternative cool custom welcome messages. Also, emoji support if it doesn't already have it in the chatbox posting.

Let me know what you think because otherwise I will look to find someone to custom make this for me instead.

Thanks

On 5/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, ABGenc said:

Hi Mike, would you recommend upgrade or reinstall ?

Upgrade is perfectly fine, no major upgrade steps were needed.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, Lucas James said:

just a suggestion for the feature in the plugin that posts in the chat box a welcome message. I think it would be really awesome if it could pick one of the multiple choices, so each time it's different instead of the same exact chat box post. Allowing people to make a list of like 30+ alternative cool custom welcome messages. Also, emoji support if it doesn't already have it in the chatbox posting. 

I've saved this for a future version and will look into it further next time the Auto Welcome is updated. I know this has been suggested quite a few times for the other alerts as well. I don't have an ETA but it probably wouldn't be in the short term. It's not a quick feature I can put together in a few mins.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:49 PM, asigno said:

Hi @Mike John thanks for the update. I'm just trying to upgrade it now but it keeps giving me a 500 error after trying to upload. Any ideas?

There's no upgrade steps in this update so I'd probably lean towards a problem with the application upload itself. Do you know if your host supports the PHP Phar extension? That's why IPB4 uses to upload and unzip the application .tar file.

Hi Mike John,

thanks for the app!

Some questions and suggestions:

• does your app honor the "send me news and informations" email-opt-in field during registration? Will newly registered members receive emails (if emails are turned on in the auto welcome settings) if they haven't opted-in?
  • if yes ^^ (= no opt-in check performed) maybe there could be a setting in a future version, to send only to opted-in members, and if they haven't opted-in, then send a pm as an alternative auto welcome method (...but only if not opted in, and never both email and pm)

Only my thoughts. Best regards!

On 5/22/2018 at 10:16 PM, Cyboman said:

does your app honor the "send me news and informations" email-opt-in field during registration? Will newly registered members receive emails (if emails are turned on in the auto welcome settings) if they haven't opted-in?

Not currently but I've added a patch here and will try and get an update out within the next week or two. I'd probably lean towards just having a fixed bit of code in there rather then a setting an admin could disable but open to any thoughts you have here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, fix3r said:

This seems to only be sending to 1/3 of the new members i can tell by looking at my sent pm's since im sending them from my account, i am not making an intro thread, not sure if its Facebook registrations that its skipping or what , anyone else figured this out?

1. Apart from PM's, do you have any other alerts setup?
  2. What version of IPB and auto welcome are you on?
  3. Any pattern you can see? The facebook example you gave, are the ones being missed part of any social media signups?
1 hour ago, Mike John said:
  1. Apart from PM's, do you have any other alerts setup?
  2. What version of IPB and auto welcome are you on?
  3. Any pattern you can see? The facebook example you gave, are the ones being missed part of any social media signups?

PMS and Emails only

Latest version of IPB and the latest version of your plug in

here is what i see..

1917804654_ScreenShot2018-07-05at9_32_00PM.thumb.png.bbbd6698f3286b41d5c57c8373f3c00a.png

1644413528_ScreenShot2018-07-05at9_31_17PM.thumb.png.af0acc314a6adb6c25ed315c7af04962.png

Ted Simms was the last user it PM'd and ive had 4 new members since then

looks like 3 of them have not validated their emails yet

699716911_ScreenShot2018-07-05at9_34_46PM.thumb.png.624f479aeb7868086a0bbc05e1d295e9.png

But the last guy (May) has so it can't be that... but his account was created with facebook log in ..

Account created by Facebook login. Spam Defense checked and returned score 1. 

Terry was normal registration as was everyone else .

Upon further looking anyone who did not use the normal registration was not sent the welcome messages , and anyone who has not verified their emails have not received the welcome message either 

First off, it is intended that the welcome is only sent out after the verification is confirmed. Regarding the Facebook signup, was that fully completely with a username entered as well? (There's an initial facebook step and then a "complete" step that they enter a username. At that stage the welcome is suppose to be sent.)