Auto Welcome Support

8 hours ago, root88 said:

e-mail verification

Not seeing any obvious issues in the latest IPB that might be causing this but thank you for the further information. If you or anyone is available for testing, particular with social media registrations. Please let me know. Otherwise this will be patched in the next update.

On 02/11/2017 at 5:33 AM, Mike John said:

Not really old versions but let me know if it does make a difference. I'd tend to avoid manually messing with the settings database but if your open to a little bit of testing, I can give you some queries to manually add a few auto welcome settings just to see how that goes.

Other then that, I would probably need board access to troubleshoot this and monitor exactly what's happening in the install routine. I assume you haven't had any other issues with other apps that might add settings?

Hi Mike! In the end it had nothing to do with the PHP/MySQL version. But I wanted to let you know that I finally solved the problem! 

I feel reaaaaally stupid and just don't know how I could miss that, but there were, indeed, old entries prefixed by aw_ in the sys_conf_settings tables. Probably inherited from an previous version (our database has a long and troubled history). I had checked 10 times yet but... had simply missed the "next page" button in phpmyadmin... and finally had an epiphany by accessing the tables through the ACP instead of phpmyadmin (a fresh look on things!) These entries were probably locked (considered as belonging to another app?), and were then preventing the new version of the app to write its information properly. I manually deleted all these entries before re-installing the app, and everything works perfectly now.

Many, many thanks again for your help, patience, and your great app :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couldn't find it in this topic, so my reaction:
Superb plugin! I have chosen to use the welcome PM option.
That works, but after registration, the PM is in the inbox, but there is no notification icon that notifies the user of this new PM.

Is this "by design"? Or did I mess up something?
I am running this on my dev forum on 4.2.7 beta 5.

What versions of the mod work with what versions of IPB?  I need a temporary fix the bbcode doesn't seem to be parsing correctly since I updated to php 5.6 in preparation to upgrade to IPB4.x

I'm currently on IPB 3.4.9 and have v2.3 of your mod installed currently.  I assume I likely need to upgrade the mod but I don't know to which version?

Edited by o30c
1 minute ago, Mike John said:

2.4.9 = IPB 4.1.x
2.5.0 = IPB 4.2.x

Let me know if you had any more questions.

What is the latest legacy version of your mod to work with IPB 3.x? I'm still a few weeks away from an IPB upgrade to v4 and I'd like to fix this parsing issue in the meantime if possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, Steve_W said:

There is an option in this to link to the member, however I'm wondering if theres a possibilty to include an option to tag the member?

I didn't get around to adding that this version but it should be added in the very next release.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:55 PM, Unlucky said:

Things were working ok because of your fix but now I have installed this latest version that is supposed to stop me getting notification of the welcome emails but I have started getting them again?

Just to confirm was this the email notification of personal messages or the email welcome alert itself? The later really shouldn't of been changed this release.

Just upgraded to 4.3 beta 2 - And while the plugin is technically still working .. It's doing something funky with the admin name who sends the auto messages.

• With the auto profile post, it refers to my admin account as "Guest" and links to profile url of site.com/profile/0-Guest/
  • Same with status updates

Let me know if anything else is needed to help out.  Thanks!

On 3/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, Unlucky said:

I did get some so wonder if it is connected to new users joining via twitter or facebook

The alert itself should be checking if it's enabled regardless of whether it's a normal or social media signup. There's no chance your getting the internal email that IPB4 sends itself for new signups?

On 3/27/2018 at 4:12 AM, JTrollerb123 said:

Just upgraded to 4.3 beta 2 - And while the plugin is technically still working .. It's doing something funky with the admin name who sends the auto messages.

Can you send me a screenshot of your settings and will try and reproduce when I get a chance to look into IPB 4.3 in more detail.

19 hours ago, asigno said:

is there anyway to use this to send a specific welcome email based on the member group they are assigned to? 

Not currently and would need bit of an overhaul of the app to send out alerts in that way. I'd like to see quite a bit of interest from users before making a big change like that.