Auto Welcome Support

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, iacas said:

You're posting similar things elsewhere - do you even know that an update is needed for 4.4?

I'm posting it everywhere, because I need 4.4 for a critical fix so this is my way of notifying authors their app compatibility is a high priority for me and my community.  

I enjoy this app and would like to continue using it for 4.4. I'm not sure what the problem is for you in notifying Marketplace contacts that I would appreciate a prompt review of their file when 4.4 becomes available? Many of them have dozens of apps and plugins, and feedback like this from clients can help them figure out which ones to prioritize.  

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Another assumption.

So again I'll ask: do you even know that an update is needed for 4.4?

Unless I see 4.4 compatibility in the market place I'll assume it is not. No sense purchasing a product which hasn't been tested.

I'm using Beta 4.4 and had disabled the News letter application and I also disabled this particular product. The scheduled crons were kicking back errors which resulted in a running lock in task manager. Granted this was with Beta 1 and I haven't tested after updating to Beta 4.

Most of my applications weren't compatible with 4.4 as they created above errors or resulted in template errors and weren't accessible by front end. While I understand that 4.4 is only in Beta, I expect in the market place that if 4.4 is stated that it is indeed compatible and not assumed to be compatible by the developer.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Christforums
On 2/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, iacas said:

Another assumption.

So again I'll ask: do you even know that an update is needed for 4.4?

considering most apps require an update for 4.4 compatibility it is safe to assume most would need to be. 

Like Christforums said, unless I see an app explicitly says it is 4.4 compatible I ain't upgrading. So if an app doesn't need to be updated, then I would still need the app developer to write that the current version is compatible with 4.4

On 2/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, Viper V2 said:

Can this app be done where it sends a message to a member of a particular group I would like instead of just after validating it?

Not by default. But one workaround would be to use the time delay feature and set "Welcome member groups" to your member group. You would also need to somehow change your default member group to something else.

The Auto Welcome app has been updated for IP.Board 4.4.x.

Hi Mike

I've downloaded and installed your addon Auto Welcome, but something seems to be amiss as it isn't doing anything.

Firstly I have set it up to give a welcome PM and to add a welcome to a topic post reply as shown below:

image.thumb.png.31279309bd7349b7b40088d222cf9c8f.png

However, when I go back to check the topic that I originally selected, it is gone.  I turned on and off the 'create topic' to see if it made a difference but it didn't and I'm not sure whether that should be on or off when a specific topic is selected to post the welcome in.

image.thumb.png.ec3434263c4f58f48d29748190afb2e4.png

Any ideas as to what could be the issue and am I selecting the settings correctly?  I'm on IPS 4.4

BTW: The welcome PM and Email work, but this particular part does not.

With thanks for your kind attention

Dave

Edited by Davyc
Forgot something
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

We have installed the Auto Welcome plugin in the forum. But it's not sending Personal message to users when user registers.

As we are currently using "WordPress SSO" plugin in the Ip Board. So when user register to the our Wordpress site then user automatically registers to forum as well when they visit the forum. Can you please help us solve this issue ?

Thanks "

23 hours ago, Fred Krugger said:

I am testing the 4.4.1 update and the "Auto Welcome" application does not work the message entry box ..

Can you try clearing your browser cache? I get the odd failure to load for the editor as well but I've encountered that across any editor in IPB. IF anyone is able to consistently reproduce this, please let me know which browser your using.

11 hours ago, BradLazarus said:

As we are currently using "WordPress SSO" plugin in the Ip Board. So when user register to the our Wordpress site then user automatically registers to forum as well when they visit the forum. Can you please help us solve this issue ?

I'd need to know what plugin and how it registers a user to see if it can support the Auto Welcome app. Please PM me with either site access or a copy of the register part of the code.