Auto Welcome Support

• 2 months later...
On 12/03/2017 at 2:20 AM, Subseven said:

Hey Mike. Can you get on my site yet? Also...I need to get this and more of your stuff installed asap. Will it work?

Can you refresh my memory for what?

Edit: Sorry, didn't recognize the username for a sec. Just replied to your email now. ;)

Edited by Mike John
  • 1 month later...

So I'm currently using this for the Welcome PM, works great and has for a long time when having the PM create it's own topic. However when I try to have the PM go into a post reply instead, it doesn't get sent. To be honest, I was hopping I could actually have both work in unison, but later found out it needs to be one or the other, yet we just couldn't get the post reply to work to begin with.

Any chance we could get the functionality to be able to create own topic AND post reply to another topic?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, FGN said:

Is this app gonna get an update soon? it does not work right all, not for PMs, status updates, or forum topics

As you've probably seen from here, I've been ramping up IPB 4.2 updates now this past week and the Auto Welcome app will come up soon. I created this mod over 11 years ago now and have updated it for each new IP.Board, so don't worry about it not being updated for IPB 4.2.

Just now, Mike John said:

As you've probably seen from here, I've been ramping up IPB 4.2 updates now this past week and the Auto Welcome app will come up soon. I created this mod over 11 years ago now and have updated it for each new IP.Board, so don't worry about it not being updated for IPB 4.2.

Ok, excellent!!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Something that could be possibly fixed or worked on in the new release

1. Making it so the Auto Status Msg actually shows that the admin sent it and not the member to himself

2. Make it so the Auto forum topic maker and auto forum response can both be used instead one or the other

3. Make it so the auto forum response will respond to the new member topic that is made on auto

4. make so when the admin picks who they want the auto welcome to come from...that it actually has that picked person send it....currently, only the set admin..Me for example...can send the auto msg.......i tried picking another full admin as the sender..and it didn't work at all...then set it to me, it sent it

5. Have the auto welcome msg be able to tell the difference between a guest register and a actual sign up from a email or social media sign up.......currently the msg will will be sent to the guest part of the register before the member has time to pick their display name and email....shows up as a Status msg or forum topic to a bunch of numbers

1 minute ago, ABGenc said:

Has anyone tested this on 4.2 Gold ? I seem to wait for this plugin to be updated to upgrade to 4.2 :) 

I'm using it now on 4.2

But we have been in contact with the Author and they are working on a update that they said will be here soon.

It does work, but there is a lot of flaws that i and others have relayed to @Mike John 

and he is on top of it, and said that everything will work as it should come the Update here soon.

as of a exact date, that has not been told, but i hear it's soon though