When is IPB 4.0 ?

Markus Becker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have me all excited waiting on the gallery answer. Its one part of the software I haven't fallen in love with yet....

Just give me a couple days heads up, so I can renew, and have all that pay delay stuff finish, so that the second the download is available I can click the DOWNLOAD ME NOW!! button, (or better yet an update automatically button in the admin CP)

I would rather IPS concentrate on being good at giving us a quality release than in being good about their blog entries relating to the development of IPS CS4. Who cares if there are sporadic blog entries. I do NOT want IPS turning into another Microsoft where they are rushing their products out before making sure it works right.

Let's see, developers working on IPS to make it a quality release vs posting blog entries about the development release of IPS CS4.

Yeah, I'd rather have the devs to concentrate on IPS CS4 development than worry about whether or not they're posting blog entries.

yes
Okay, but while no one announcement in late 2013, early 2014, I understand the user wait a things 4.x so and test

Why?

Largely because we were not ready to share much about the public interface yet. We've been through various refining iterations now though and are prepared to start showing it off in bits and pieces. When we were talking about things in the ACP, behind the scenes code, theoretical decisions, etc. this wasn't a concern.

What can I say, most of us are patient and we're not in a hurry to upgrade. What I find hilarious is that even if IPS is finished and ready for beta testing, we won't see it released until Gallery, Content, Blog and Downloads is ready to be released. lols Heck, I bet they don;t even have the admin login ready yet either. I remember when IPB3 was being developed, the admin login was one of the last things on the list to be completed. lols

Oh, and for the 3rd Party Apps, I would advise disabling all of your modifications, applications, addons, skins and whatnot, otherwise you'll run into problems when you run your upgrade. lols

Now I'm off to watch "Release Dates: The Movie"

:lol: :rofl:

Doesn't seem as though anyone has read the 'Announcement' at the top the forum from Charles: Quote -

When will 4.0 be released?

Q2 2014.

Will 3.x skins/hooks/language packs/etc. work in 4.0?

Version 4.0 is a large update and many areas are changing to be more modern and functional. Therefore, things that work in 3.x will not work in 4.0.

So looks like we're going to be in April/May from that announcement.

:tongue:

Archived