Invision Community 5: Badge creation and icon customization

Now once a set of elements are dialed in and you think your style is the cat's meow could we some how export the recipe for others to import? So others with more time on their hands could produce a full set . 

I am curious where the permissions level exist for these styling and theming changes  so that if I wanted to hire a designer to edit my site they would have an account have restricted access limited to such tasks not other data schema schema.

That's some seriously good work on how you've made it far easier to customise all different types of icons. These bits usually are the visual bits that massively matter to people popping into your community and hoping they stick. Love it ❤️

As some of my past messages here have revolved around Achievements and knowing that it is a very powerful tool if you find a way to use it with your members, are we expecting to see updates to the Rules as well to allow us to create more unique ways to then use these said badges? I'm super hopeful that given its been out for a few years, with this seriously cool update above, that Achievements deserves to get a 2.0 update as the foundation layer that is live today has so much potential.

1 hour ago, Ocean West said:

I am curious where the permissions level exist for these styling and theming changes  so that if I wanted to hire a designer to edit my site they would have an account have restricted access limited to such tasks not other data schema schema.

The permission for these would be relevant to the area in which that item is shown. So for example badges, it would be the "can manage badges" permission

1 hour ago, Ocean West said:

Now once a set of elements are dialed in and you think your style is the cat's meow could we some how export the recipe for others to import? So others with more time on their hands could produce a full set . 

Could contain: Text

3 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Lovely work as always! Thanks all.

Are classic animated smilies still available for members to use when posting?

If you are referring to the classic and custom emojis, yes they are still supported in the editor :cool:

Could contain: Text, Page

We didn't include them in the Icon Creator however as those images can get quite large and it can make the SVG too large after embedding them.

1 hour ago, teraßyte said:

This topic has been showing up as unread for the past ~10 days in the Unread Content stream. Can you do something about it @Matt?  The new blog entry you just posted disappeared properly. 😅

It's so cool, we just want to make sure you see it.

I'll get it removed from unread content.

Hello everyone. 
Once again. Wow, that really impressed me and creates much more flexibility for a forum owner.
What I noticed is that badges that could be multi-level don't have a counter badge. 

Maybe that would be an interesting feature to have a perfect native badge creator tool.

As an example for publishing topics. 

For the first publication the member receives a normal badge, after the 5th publication the same badge only with an additional counter badge. The same for the 25th / 50th / 100th publication and so on. Everything could be done with one and the same icon type, of course you can still play with the colors and shape , but it would be nice if you could then still consider a counter as shown in the screenshot. Then I wouldn't be forced to use a graphic again, but could use the badges natively. 

Is this perhaps on your to-do list?

Could contain: Text, File

One additional question about Reactions !

Do we have a rights management for reactions in v5?
For example ! I want to use negative Reactions just for the moderation team and i don't want to use them global for all users. A warning is sometimes not the right tool and is too strict. I would rather just show a stop sign or raise my index finger as a warning.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, Matt said:

It's not on our roadmap at this point, it'd be tricky given how we load the icons.

Regarding FontAwesome Pro, is it too early to ask for details on how icons are loaded? The preferred way if you ask the vendor is to use their kits, and icons can then simply be referenced by using the corresponding `fa-icon-name` class.

I'm not necessarily asking for nitty gritty technical details, but could you extrapolate a bit on what system you use to load icons and why providing our own kit url would not work?

I understand if a lot of this is still under wraps given the status of IC5.