Invision Community 5: Badge creation and icon customization

1 minute ago, Ehren said:

Lots of credit goes to @Matt Finger for this weeks update. He did a great job 👏

Thanks @Matt Finger 🙌 

I've seen some great icon customization add ons, but never have I seen the ability to create your own INSIDE the AdminCP. So that is really convenient and next level. Really looking forward to play with that. 🙂 

• Management
25 minutes ago, Robert Angle said:

Amazing.

Now the question remains... will there be anything left for theme creators? lol. 

I have Adobe Illustrator, it doesn't mean I can produce good quality graphics 🙂 Tools are only part of the end result. Or goal was to put more power into Invision Community owner's hands, but that doesn't remove the need for professional themes and graphic sets.

2 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

This was indeed cool feature .

just one question? . will there an option for people like me who have font awesome pro licens??  so we are able to use pro icons?

I will sure use it 🙂 Thanks alot for this feature, hat off 

It's not on our roadmap at this point, it'd be tricky given how we load the icons.

Incredible!! This is great, only problem is that I can see myself spending way too much time toying with the custom icon making features instead of getting some work done. 🤣

@Ehren I see a couple of .mov videos in your original post. These are automatically embedded in Safari, but not in Chrome. If you want them embedded in Chrome as well, you can just change the file extension from .mov to mp4 and ... voilà. 😃

For example your icon-creator.mov does not embed in Chrome, but this icon-creator.mp4 does: 

1 hour ago, Chris59 said:

Was look around more closely . I know it's an early stage but I wonder if there will be a slider for the size of icon . especially when you want to use them as badges for ranks as example 😇

No plans for a size option because the generated icons are in fact dimensionless SVGs, meaning they are rendered at whatever size is specified in your community theme's CSS.

I understand everything, although for me there is no such thing as impressive, but I want to say that it would be good at this point if they released at least an Alpha version for users like me, for example, which would be good to experience from now on. We are almost eating the Christmas pabo and there is still nothing

9 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

I understand everything, although for me there is no such thing as impressive, but I want to say that it would be good at this point if they released at least an Alpha version for users like me, for example, which would be good to experience from now on. We are almost eating the Christmas pabo and there is still nothing

The release estimate for anything at all was late 2023 to early 2024. So while I understand its "Still nothing" there. Its exactly what we expected 🙂 . I assure you, you should be eating your Christmas dinner before you get hold of one 😄

We 'may' have something people can see for themselves this year, but it certainly wont be something people can use on their own sites.

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The release estimate for anything at all was late 2023 to early 2024. So while I understand its "Still nothing" there. Its exactly what we expected 🙂 . I assure you, you should be eating your Christmas dinner before you get hold of one 😄

We 'may' have something people can see for themselves this year, but it certainly wont be something people can use on their own sites.

How great and funny. What a pleasure to have chosen Invision for my community. I hope that within two weeks we will have something to try. My pleasure and thank you