Brilliant Discord Integration

18 hours ago, ZLTRGO said:

I would like this too!

Good to hear.

Also @SoftwareFactorywhere is the access tokens stored for Discord? I'll code a script my self so I can force-add all authorized users. My discord server got banned so I want to add them all to my new one! 🙂

Struggling to find it in the database

Edited by OctoDev
On 10/20/2021 at 5:32 PM, Moonbeam said:

Sorry, the private message link didn't work for me. Do you know how a license for an app can expire? Doesn't Invision just bill for all the apps and plugins I buy for my site in one single payment each month?

I have just fixed the link; sorry for this inconvenience. Like many other applications in the Marketplace, Brilliant Discord Integration requires the purchase to be renewed periodically for a certain price. This is a fee for updates and support.

Marketplace purchases are separate from your Invision Community license payments. You can renew your Brilliant Discord Integration's license by going to Manage Purchases page, clicking "Manage" on Brilliant Discord Integration and then "Reactivate".

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:53 PM, Miss Vendetta said:

@SoftwareFactory Thank you! Looks like it constantly displays "We are currently unable to check if you already joined the server." but I am still able to join. 

This message should not appear that often, only under rare circumstances. I will investigate this. Thank you for your report.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:42 PM, OctoDev said:

Could you please add a option where I can make all my members join my Discord server?

Basically a button that says "Add Members" which adds all my authorized members to a specific server.

I'll happily sponsor it.

Thank you for your suggestion. It is unlikely that such a feature would be added to Brilliant Discord Integration, unfortunately.

I strongly believe that such feature will be abused. We don't want our app to be used to unexpectedly add people to servers they don't want to be added to. Nor do we want to enable people to circumvent Discord's Community Guidelines. In fact, they seem to only disallow extremely unethical content. Additionally, any abuse of this feature could possibly contribute to Discord's potential removal of such feature, which is crucial for other, much more ethical use cases.

Many thanks for understanding. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:14 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

I strongly believe that such feature will be abused. We don't want our app to be used to unexpectedly add people to servers they don't want to be added to. Nor do we want to enable people to circumvent Discord's Community Guidelines. In fact, they seem to only disallow extremely unethical content. Additionally, any abuse of this feature could possibly contribute to Discord's potential removal of such feature, which is crucial for other, much more ethical use cases.

Many thanks for understanding. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

I coded it and invited everyone back to my server. I do think people would benefit from it. People could easily deauthorize the specific application if they don't want to be invited to the server they were already put in/authorized to.

• 4 weeks later...

@SoftwareFactory

Just bought the Plugin but there is an issue joining the channel.

Notifications to my channel forum the forum works
Login with a discord account on my forum works.

But when i click the invite: https://www.duken.nl/forums/discord/invite/HtpkkDuJSt/ i get a 

Unexpected 403 response code at /guilds/XXX/members/XXX

There is no content in Detailed information. 

image.thumb.png.172c4278ed32ac3b249c6d6048cbd678.png

Edited by Duken

Error Code: 4SBR000/2

Happens whenever I try to Mass Sync everyone in the discord. It gets to 500 out of XXXX members verified and then goes away and gives me the error message.

1c660ae2c7c954d5f7170d5a0c5afa7c.png
https://gyazo.com/1c660ae2c7c954d5f7170d5a0c5afa7c

Unexpected 403 response code at /guilds/333900964803248129/members/265311510744530945 403 1A-2 Jeffery M. 11/23/2021 01:16:07 PM
Edited by Jeffery M.
Addition of second picture.
  • 2 weeks later...

Before I reply to your messages - please accept my honest apologies. I am extremely sorry for the belated response. November was a horrible month for me, full of unfortunate events. I have not been able to reply to your questions, primarily because I have been seriously ill with COViD-19 for the last few weeks.

But as I am slowly recovering, I am happy to get back to you. Thank you for your patience! 🙂

@Duken - I replied to your private message. If you have additional questions, please let me know.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, NightOwlHacks984 said:

Im gettting invalid uri when trying to join through plugin on website. I found in the developer panel on discord where to add the uri but it says it must match the uri in the application, how do i find this?

Just go to the app’s Configuration page in ACP. Click Reconfigure, and you will see the Redirect URI on the blue background. If you need further help, please let me know - I will be happy to assist you 😊

On 11/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, Jeffery M. said:

Error Code: 4SBR000/2

Happens whenever I try to Mass Sync everyone in the discord. It gets to 500 out of XXXX members verified and then goes away and gives me the error message.

1c660ae2c7c954d5f7170d5a0c5afa7c.png
https://gyazo.com/1c660ae2c7c954d5f7170d5a0c5afa7c

Unexpected 403 response code at /guilds/333900964803248129/members/265311510744530945 403 1A-2 Jeffery M. 11/23/2021 01:16:07 PM

I need just a little bit more details to help you. Could you please go to the Brilliant Discord Integration’s Logs page in ACP, click Download Debug Information and send me that file in a private message? I will be able to provide a solution as soon as I get it.

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to have Brilliant delete messages in Discord that're notifications from a thread on the forums that've been deleted (usually due to being flagged as spam)?

Our forums stay pretty clean but any topic created gets a message in an activity channel in Discord. This message remains even once a spammer has been flagged and their posts deleted.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, realdax said:

Receiving Unexpected 403 response code, tried re-installing, no luck. Everything is set up properly on my end. I sent you a private message @SoftwareFactory

I replied to your private message two weeks ago. If you need further assistance, please let me know! 🙂

6 hours ago, H C said:

Is there a way to have Brilliant delete messages in Discord that're notifications from a thread on the forums that've been deleted (usually due to being flagged as spam)?

Our forums stay pretty clean but any topic created gets a message in an activity channel in Discord. This message remains even once a spammer has been flagged and their posts deleted.

This is not a feature yet, but I will definitely keep this issue in mind while working on future updates.

Checking if it's on the list, to have the bot honor delayed posts?
I thought this setting would do it but misunderstood "approve" means a moderated post , not a delayed post.

image.png.dd07f7dc0963c879bea256ff77434b9b.png

However this week we're doing a large push of blog posts that are delayed, so I don't overwhelm users with too much at once.
image.png.1e7825271d60407cc568b24448e6a4bc.png

and whoops, not a huge deal but given I'm about to make a blog a day for the next 5 days, users are going to get a few pings unless I temporary mute the bot, but then I have concern he (we call him Bob the Bot), won't announce it a second time when it's "live" and they can see the blog post for reals.

Just, asking so I can plot out future posts as drafts, so he keeps a little more "shush" about sneak peaking people.

Overall, I STILL love this bot, it's been an absolute lifesaver, since I'm all over the place daily but discord is always at my fingertips, so being able to sync things i want to be alert to that people post on site to deal with ASAP, this has been an invaluable tool for me!

--

Side note, is there a way to keep the bot showing online better? or is it just because we have low site activity right now? It's more a cosmetic thing as the bot is 100% active, with syncing , and posting anything posted on site. He just seems "ghost like" sitting as offline on the user list, but honestly, it's still a real non-issue I'm just curious if i can do anything to keep him looking a little more ... well awake, when it comes to the user menu
image.png.0b45331e8be7eced1e0fe0c71821c2a3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had a report that the magic invite system doesn't seem to  be working any longer, and I'm afraid I forget exactly how things work to diagnose it. Is the bot you create supposed to be always online, and that's how it works? If so, I noticed that ours has been offline but I'm not sure why or how to fix it. Are there any suggested troubleshooting steps?