Brilliant Discord Integration

On 5/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Vyberp said:

Hey pushed the update and I am having this error when trying to run Mass Sync lpb9RVB.png

Make sure that you have installed 1.0.14.1. If the problem is present on the version 1.0.14.1 as well, please reach out to me in a private message and I will assist you further.

Hi @SoftwareFactory 👋

With 4.6 incoming and some great additions to the core, will you be looking at ways to create notifications for badges and achievements at all? I'm finding it great that we can push many types of things to the discord side of the community but these will help no end in drive people to continue to go back and forth between the two.

Many thanks in advance.

On 5/19/2021 at 12:05 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Hi @SoftwareFactory 👋

With 4.6 incoming and some great additions to the core, will you be looking at ways to create notifications for badges and achievements at all? I'm finding it great that we can push many types of things to the discord side of the community but these will help no end in drive people to continue to go back and forth between the two.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello GazzaGarratt,

Thank you for this great suggestion! I can see how amazing it would be, I will certainly look into this.

28 minutes ago, GillyMe said:

Hi @SoftwareFactory,

I have an issue with my task list, normally there should be a mass role sync. This is the list that I have when I am in the task list. Should there be any mass role sync task in here? 

Thanks SoftwareFactory

Hello GillyMe,

You should not worry about this. The task has not been doing anything at all for quite a long time, and it was been deleted in 1.0.14 and. The direct, much more efficient replacement for it is the Run Mass Synchronization button in the Configuration page in ACP, which is much faster and much more reliable.

If you are looking for the mass synchronization to run periodically - soon the app will be periodically checking your server's Audit Log every few minutes and running something similar to Mass Synchronization every time you edit group role assignments. But it currently does not work that way, just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some issues with the magic invite, I guess I don't understand how it works.  When I sign up a test account to the forums and try to go to the invite link, when i authorize on the discord site, I get this error when it pushes me back to the website:image.thumb.png.a04a6b47f17dfcc7f4fc3203b93f9d51.png

Edit- Nevermind - it was moving the Bot's Role to the top of the list!

Edited by Capm

Hi,

Having an issue where the "sign out" option is not appearing on certain users account settings page.

Have a user wanting to change their signed in discord account but there is no way I can see to do that.

If i login to my own account I have the signout button but not for this one user?

On 6/5/2021 at 6:31 AM, cst3124 said:

the widget cannot showing up, anywhere to fix?
image.png.e87ca258c1adf493ae4ce6e646cad762.png

Go to your Discord server settings and check Enable server widget in the Widget tab. After you do that, it will work properly.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, Capm said:

Will there be support added to push notifications from Club forums in the future?  Or Club content in general?

We are indeed planning to do so, but I cannot tell for sure - follow the app page to get information about the future updates.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:47 AM, MadMaxMangos said:

Hi,

Having an issue where the "sign out" option is not appearing on certain users account settings page.

Have a user wanting to change their signed in discord account but there is no way I can see to do that.

If i login to my own account I have the signout button but not for this one user?

This is most likely because the user has registered on your website using Discord. To unlink his Discord account, they will need to link another third party service account (like Facebook or Google), or sign out, and then instead of signing in with Discord click "Forgot your password?", provide his Discord email address and set their account password this way. Then they can unlink their Discord account.

If they could sign out from the account without setting up any other login methods, they would end up not being able to sign into their account.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, TowZone said:

is this app compatible with 4.6?

The latest version is compatible with 4.6, but in order to mark it as compatible with 4.6 on the Marketplace listing, an app update needs to be released, and a version marked as compatible with 4.6 will be released very soon. Sorry for this inconvenience. You can, however, upgrade without worries.

On 6/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

The latest version is compatible with 4.6, but in order to mark it as compatible with 4.6 on the Marketplace listing, an app update needs to be released, and a version marked as compatible with 4.6 will be released very soon. Sorry for this inconvenience. You can, however, upgrade without worries.

I hope so ...lol   I just bought it tonight along with another plugin that is also pending approval.

Hi,

Small suggestion.
Would it be possible to add Users Discord information to their public Profile on the forum?
Like their Current Discord ID and the Discord Tag?

And is there a way to see "all" connected Discord Connection linked to the profiles?

There is only this, which is a bit bad to see how many users have it connected because it's only in the ACP.
EchmUye.png

Another really cool feature would be to allow only people to buy things in the store IF they connected their discord account.

Regards

On 6/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, ZLTRGO said:

Hi,

Small suggestion.
Would it be possible to add Users Discord information to their public Profile on the forum?
Like their Current Discord ID and the Discord Tag?

And is there a way to see "all" connected Discord Connection linked to the profiles?

There is only this, which is a bit bad to see how many users have it connected because it's only in the ACP.
EchmUye.png

Another really cool feature would be to allow only people to buy things in the store IF they connected their discord account.

Regards

Hello,

There is no way currently to list all linked members. Thank you for all of these valuable suggestions, though! We will most probably implement them in the future.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:02 PM, GoGators said:

Any word on 4.6 certification?  Also, does this come with a Discord widget (block).  I had one on my xenForo site and it was nice and I am able to modify the css.

1.0.15, which is compatible with 4.6, is now available. It does. You can even create one yourself with the data provided by Brilliant Discord Integration. I will send you a private message with details about it.

23 hours ago, Sunrex said:

I'm getting "You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.". Not sure why that's happening.

Please install 1.0.15, go to the Logs tab, click "Download Debug Information" and send me a private message with the file attached. Sorry for this inconvenience.

7 minutes ago, Hisashi said:

Hello @SoftwareFactory,

Does it also have an support for articles review?

It does. The app supports notifications for Pages content, including Pages reviews and comments as well. If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Edited by SoftwareFactory
5 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

It does. The app supports notifications for Pages content, including Pages reviews and comments as well. If you have any further questions, please let me know!

I'm very interested in buying it, but I see it's still a little "raw" the messages. I have two ideas to enrich the application, if add it I buy

1. Stars (Review)

When he understands that this is a review, an option would appear asking if you want to add stars on Rich Embed. 
You could use the fields of discord for do this

Emoji > :star: 

Screenshot_255.png.515508b375d1d3ced41eb2f6e33ca883.png

Screenshot_257.png.e673827a1addd372148ab4d3e4d51958.png

2. Thumbnail (Profile Photo)

An option for Rich Embed asking if you want to display the user's photo in thumbnail.

Screenshot_252.png.7495826fcfc11a01d3bc53665eaf2ea3.png

I believe they are good ideas and I am very interested in buying with these additions

Edited by Hisashi

Im getting this error while trying to update the Application:

Error fix itself now.

Also, an additional cool feature would be to Customize the Bots looks in terms of Online Status (Always on) or Profile Status Message.
Like when it's Syncing the users info from the Forum to Discord, it could say "Syncing Information"
or "Updating Users Infos" or "x user have connected their account to their forum" (pretty much anything)
Just feel like if the bot is always offline (like right now) it seems as if it "doesn't" work 😛

Regards

Edited by ZLTRGO