Brilliant Discord Integration

On 1/21/2022 at 3:23 PM, Jai Haze said:

I just purchased it, is there anyway to set it up so that it assigns roles based off their subscription level on invision? I have the roles set up, but can only set up their default role.

Go to your group settings, there is a tab you can select to apply them to a specific role. it will remove/add them almost instantly I have noticed. This is how I have mine set up.

18 hours ago, Linda A said:

I recently had a report that the magic invite system doesn't seem to  be working any longer, and I'm afraid I forget exactly how things work to diagnose it. Is the bot you create supposed to be always online, and that's how it works? If so, I noticed that ours has been offline but I'm not sure why or how to fix it. Are there any suggested troubleshooting steps?

I would suggest going to your settings in the AdminCP and disconnect and re-enter all your information. making it revalidate all the information. It may remove all the roles in your discord, but it will put them all right back pretty fast. I have a 110K community, and on discord I have over 5K, for it to go thru every member it only takes maybe 10 minutes at most. The Author has helped me with something like this before. 🙂 

On 1/26/2022 at 9:35 PM, Mac1 said:

1. Is there an option to automacially kick an user from Discord Server which has been moved to other group?

2. Is there an option to join manually to Discord Server but a role can be managed by your app?

1. No there is none sadly, I hope this will be added soon so we can kick "non-customers" as an example and only keep customers, right now we only move them into a group that can't view anything and then let them be kicked after 1 day via another bot: https://discordbotlist.com/bots/afk-bot

But that's a very bad way to do it... :/ Hope it will be added soon.

@SoftwareFactory any new on new releases? There has been a lot of suggestion but no real news on progress :o

I'm still hoping for:

- Multi-Server support.
- Auto join server when they connect their discord account to the forum and ONLY if they have certain rank/group for it on the forum. (example: only customer or "above" can join)
- User recover/rejoin if a server gets raided/deleted, aka make them join the new server IF they have a setting enabled for it. 

Right now I have to use several apps/services to archive this, but it's annoying. I rather pay here more to get those things added than having to use 3-4 different discord bots.

I wouldn't mind paying you in private to have this features added in a different (private build) if possible.

Edited by ZLTRGO
On 1/12/2022 at 4:51 AM, Kandria said:

Just, asking so I can plot out future posts as drafts, so he keeps a little more "shush" about sneak peaking people.

Sending notifications before posts are published is an unexpected behavior, I will investigate it and have it fixed in the next update. Sorry for this inconvenience.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:15 PM, Linda A said:

I recently had a report that the magic invite system doesn't seem to  be working any longer, and I'm afraid I forget exactly how things work to diagnose it. Is the bot you create supposed to be always online, and that's how it works? If so, I noticed that ours has been offline but I'm not sure why or how to fix it. Are there any suggested troubleshooting steps?

Could you please explain what exactly is not working correctly? I need to know more details in order to help you resolve this issue. But this is how you can resolve the most common issues with Magic Invites:

• Make sure that your bot's role in on the very top of your role list. If it is not, then it may not be able to add members with higher roles to the server.
  • Make sure that you have added a proper Redirect URI to your Discord application.
    1. Go to ACP > Brilliant Discord > Configuration
    2. Click Reconfigure and copy the Redirect URI
    3. Go to Discord Developer Portal and choose the configured app
    4. Open OAuth2 tab and paste the Redirect URI into the Redirects field, if it is not present there already.
    5. Save your changes.
  • Make sure that you have configured a proper Client Secret.
    1. Go to Discord Developer Portal and choose the configured app
    2. Copy the Client Secret from the OAuth2 tab
    3. Go to ACP > Brilliant Discord > Configuration
    4. Paste it into the Client Secret field and click Save.
On 1/26/2022 at 9:35 PM, Mac1 said:

1. Is there an option to automacially kick an user from Discord Server which has been moved to other group?

2. Is there an option to join manually to Discord Server but a role can be managed by your app?

1. Unfortunately, Brilliant Discord Integration does not have such feature yet.
  2. What do you mean exactly by joining "manually"?
On 1/28/2022 at 12:10 PM, ZLTRGO said:

@SoftwareFactory any new on new releases? There has been a lot of suggestion but no real news on progress 😮

I cannot share any new information at this moment.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:10 PM, ZLTRGO said:

Right now I have to use several apps/services to archive this, but it's annoying. I rather pay here more to get those things added than having to use 3-4 different discord bots.

I wouldn't mind paying you in private to have this features added in a different (private build) if possible.

I will reach out to you in a private message soon.

My friend has this plugin for his community and I am helping him. When ever he tries to setup the configuration and he adds the bot to his guild, it never shows up in the servers section and the refresh button doesn't load it. Any thoughts on how I can help him fix this?

Hey, here lately I have been getting some serious issues with rate limiting from discord. This is not a bug. there is possibly some rate on webhooks (per hour) from source. I have another bot working thru my website's server as well, using the same hooks, it does not use very much, but I am going to make its own app in the developers panel, with hopes that this will assist with that, but I noticed it it only in the early morning that it does this, maybe the app runs a mass sync once a day? I am looking to cut out some hooks. Right now, I have everything that Invision community does not notify me about, I have this discord app sending me webhooks to tell me about instead, filling out on the lacking part of the system we are all using, but this causes stress on your app, with discord, sending me now a rate limit. I just thought I would post this here letting you know that Discord has it limits. Your app is awesome, it works beyond expectations, but discord needs to get their stuff in order. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know, maybe there is some switch I can flip in my discord developer panel to increase my rate limit, something I am unaware of.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, getting this error when a user configures "Update my name on the site when I change my name in Discord" 

Error syncing display name: You are not allowed to use that display name on this site.

I don't have any filters currently that would be preventing this. The integration works when syncing usernames from the site to discord, just not for the other way when configured. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TecsenseAsh said:

Anyone else's server not syncing with the forum? I.e roles are not updating to match the forums and Discord server?

Check your logs. you are probably being rate limited, if so it knocks out this app for about an hour. The Author of this App goes to school so they will probably come back on spring break and whip out a bunch of fixes and updates (Hopefully)

If you are not being rate limited, then then go to your groups, and there is a tab in each group where you can set which role on Discord they get. 

How to tell if you are being rate limited (Other than the logs) Go to your configuration, if it tells you that your keys need updated, wait an hour and come back, if it is fixed, then you were being rate limited. Not too long ago Discord announced a bunch of changes to how they were going to handle bots. The issue is that this was not supposed to happen until June. I discovered last month they just did'nt feel like waiting, and went ahead and shut us all WAY down in alot of our privileges with no warning. Very nice of them. What is causing the the biggest count towards the rate limit? Every time a member renews their subscription, the discord gets pinged, it removes their roles, then reapplies them. If this is just 1 role, this is 2 webhook pings. I have 102K members, so honestly about once every 5 seconds, mine is getting pinged by this app, and it gets rete limited so bad, It is now working about half of every hour. I have come to the only work around which is Zapier. I use Zapier for ALOT of things, but Zapier can not handle roles via Groups yet, so I have this app handling almost strictly the roles. I also use IFTTT.com as it is the cheapest and can really do ALOT. Use your RSS from forums, and have IFTTT webhook straight to Discord. IF you need help with any of this, let me know. I can give you some templates I made to help speed things along.

The Rate Limit Work around! Discord allows so many pings per hour per discord bot. So if you rely on just 1 bot, you are eventually doomed now. So right now I use a total of 4 different bots, each from 4 different websites, my own included. so this breaks it down a ways. Zapier being about the most expensive, IFTTT is almost the cheapest. There is a bunch of apps out there that can help, but beware the hidden costs. Good luck!

Also do notice, the issue is not this app,  it's the sudden change in Discord, which took effect last month, but was not supposed to until June. 🙂

On 12/6/2021 at 12:52 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

Before I reply to your messages - please accept my honest apologies. I am extremely sorry for the belated response. November was a horrible month for me, full of unfortunate events. I have not been able to reply to your questions, primarily because I have been seriously ill with COViD-19 for the last few weeks.

But as I am slowly recovering, I am happy to get back to you. Thank you for your patience! 🙂

Just catching up on my apps in case of any updates, etc. Just to stop for a moment though to say I hope you're keeping well now @SoftwareFactory. I know pretty much everyone comes in this thread to get updates from you on the app and not yourself but i'd rather take a second to say thanks for all you're doing so far and hope you've come through it, fighting fit now 💪 

The app is still performing well for me too btw for what I need it to do 😄

This app has no sense when user stops his Authorisation in Discord user settings 😞 roles are still present after that.. I have many people which are getting banned on forums and i want to change their role to "Banned" on Discord. And after disabling authorisation a role still presents and Banned player on forums can still write on Discord beacause of disabled auth. 😞

12 minutes ago, Mac1 said:

This app has no sense when user stops his Authorisation in Discord user settings 😞 roles are still present after that.. I have many people which are getting banned on forums and i want to change their role to "Banned" on Discord. And after disabling authorisation a role still presents and Banned player on forums can still write on Discord beacause of disabled auth. 😞

May I suggest you use the role under the settings. when they link their account on your site, you can assign them a role instantly with this. and as soon as they unlink the connection, it will remove that role as well. On my discord I have it set to where anyone without this role can not see anything except my welcome channel in discord. Then about once a week i tell discord to clear inactive users that don't have that role, this way if they have all the other roles, it wont matter, just that 1 role, being that they are still connected to my site.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:49 PM, Schaken said:

Check your logs. you are probably being rate limited, if so it knocks out this app for about an hour. The Author of this App goes to school so they will probably come back on spring break and whip out a bunch of fixes and updates (Hopefully)

If you are not being rate limited, then then go to your groups, and there is a tab in each group where you can set which role on Discord they get. 

How to tell if you are being rate limited (Other than the logs) Go to your configuration, if it tells you that your keys need updated, wait an hour and come back, if it is fixed, then you were being rate limited. Not too long ago Discord announced a bunch of changes to how they were going to handle bots. The issue is that this was not supposed to happen until June. I discovered last month they just did'nt feel like waiting, and went ahead and shut us all WAY down in alot of our privileges with no warning. Very nice of them. What is causing the the biggest count towards the rate limit? Every time a member renews their subscription, the discord gets pinged, it removes their roles, then reapplies them. If this is just 1 role, this is 2 webhook pings. I have 102K members, so honestly about once every 5 seconds, mine is getting pinged by this app, and it gets rete limited so bad, It is now working about half of every hour. I have come to the only work around which is Zapier. I use Zapier for ALOT of things, but Zapier can not handle roles via Groups yet, so I have this app handling almost strictly the roles. I also use IFTTT.com as it is the cheapest and can really do ALOT. Use your RSS from forums, and have IFTTT webhook straight to Discord. IF you need help with any of this, let me know. I can give you some templates I made to help speed things along.

The Rate Limit Work around! Discord allows so many pings per hour per discord bot. So if you rely on just 1 bot, you are eventually doomed now. So right now I use a total of 4 different bots, each from 4 different websites, my own included. so this breaks it down a ways. Zapier being about the most expensive, IFTTT is almost the cheapest. There is a bunch of apps out there that can help, but beware the hidden costs. Good luck!

Also do notice, the issue is not this app,  it's the sudden change in Discord, which took effect last month, but was not supposed to until June. 🙂

Many thanks for this! This all sounds like a ton of sense as all of my current configurations, i.e group changing etc.. hasn't changed and now one day it isn't working! 🙂

However I do not see anywhere about my rate being limited, I've checked everything. Any other ideas what it could be?

2 hours ago, TecsenseAsh said:

Many thanks for this! This all sounds like a ton of sense as all of my current configurations, i.e group changing etc.. hasn't changed and now one day it isn't working! 🙂

However I do not see anywhere about my rate being limited, I've checked everything. Any other ideas what it could be?

Pretty much if one day it is not working, but another it is, then I can pretty much promise you are being rate limited. Most apps that plug into discord are all talking about the rate limit right now and trying to convince discord to lift that a ways. 

Also in general discord has been really bad lately too, like some days they are down for hours at a time, when this happens, this app will hold your ACP hostage as you can not view your members, groups, and many other things. While this app works great, right now Discord it's self does not. If there was an app like this for Rocket chat, it would be perfect as you can self host a Rocket chat server. 

8 hours ago, Schaken said:

May I suggest you use the role under the settings. when they link their account on your site, you can assign them a role instantly with this. and as soon as they unlink the connection, it will remove that role as well.

I have a role set in settings but.. 
When for example an user has "Admin" role and Admin group on forums, he is suddenly disabling Authorisation with my Bot/App and for example after a month that user is loosing admin permissions by me manually and a group in forums changes but a Discord role not.. Everything because of disabled Authentication. So how to get rid of it?

Hello,

I'm sorry to hit your private again but the members who join do not change the nicknames in discord this does not deliver the role to the new members joined the server only once joined I have to go to the administrator panel to synchronize your account from the user profile this happens from this new version

On 2/12/2022 at 6:12 PM, Schaken said:

Hey, here lately I have been getting some serious issues with rate limiting from discord. This is not a bug. there is possibly some rate on webhooks (per hour) from source. I have another bot working thru my website's server as well, using the same hooks, it does not use very much, but I am going to make its own app in the developers panel, with hopes that this will assist with that, but I noticed it it only in the early morning that it does this, maybe the app runs a mass sync once a day? I am looking to cut out some hooks. Right now, I have everything that Invision community does not notify me about, I have this discord app sending me webhooks to tell me about instead, filling out on the lacking part of the system we are all using, but this causes stress on your app, with discord, sending me now a rate limit. I just thought I would post this here letting you know that Discord has it limits. Your app is awesome, it works beyond expectations, but discord needs to get their stuff in order. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know, maybe there is some switch I can flip in my discord developer panel to increase my rate limit, something I am unaware of.

Could you please tell me where exactly are you experiencing being rate limited? Is the app failing to send certain notifications? Additionally, could you send me your debug information file in a private message (you can download one from ACP > Brilliant Discord > Logs > Download Debug Information)? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, Keebexio said:

Hello, getting this error when a user configures "Update my name on the site when I change my name in Discord" 

Error syncing display name: You are not allowed to use that display name on this site.

I don't have any filters currently that would be preventing this. The integration works when syncing usernames from the site to discord, just not for the other way when configured. 

When syncing username from Discord to your Invision Community website, discriminators are included in the usernames. This is due to Invision Community's limitation that a username must be unique, while Discord allows multiple users to have the same name. Make sure that you have "#" included in Allowed Characters.
image.thumb.png.139b3c219f18e6574f67eaa10bccf6cf.png

On 3/11/2022 at 10:56 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Just catching up on my apps in case of any updates, etc. Just to stop for a moment though to say I hope you're keeping well now @SoftwareFactory. I know pretty much everyone comes in this thread to get updates from you on the app and not yourself but i'd rather take a second to say thanks for all you're doing so far and hope you've come through it, fighting fit now 💪 

The app is still performing well for me too btw for what I need it to do 😄

I am feeling much better now. Thanks for asking, I really appreciate this. I hope you are doing well too!

On 3/13/2022 at 12:15 AM, Mac1 said:

When a user unlinks their accounts, Brilliant Discord Integration automatically kicks them from your Discord server, effectively preventing such abuse.

On 3/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, BenK said:

I set up the plugin but the bot is constantly offline?

This is intended. Brilliant Discord Integration is only using the bot's identity to perform actions on your Discord server. It is not actively connected to Discord, which is why the bot appears offline. This doesn't mean that something is wrong with the app.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:27 PM, TecsenseAsh said:

Anyone else's server not syncing with the forum? I.e roles are not updating to match the forums and Discord server?

It seems that there are some issues with syncing group changes triggered by Commerce products/subscriptions. This is something that is currently under investigation.

1 hour ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Could you please tell me where exactly are you experiencing being rate limited? Is the app failing to send certain notifications? Additionally, could you send me your debug information file in a private message (you can download one from ACP > Brilliant Discord > Logs > Download Debug Information)? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

I sent you a PM with the logs just now.

On 3/29/2022 at 12:38 AM, SoftwareFactory said:
On 3/13/2022 at 12:15 AM, Mac1 said:

When a user unlinks their accounts, Brilliant Discord Integration automatically kicks them from your Discord server, effectively preventing such abuse.

Unlinking != Disabling authorization. When i disable auth to app on Discord profile settings, i'm still on Discord Server and i can write something without syncing roles with groups on IPS Forum