Brilliant Discord Integration

@SoftwareFactory or anyone else who may have had a similar set-up issue. I think this happened to me the first time I installed the app, but I cannot find that post now and cannot remember.

I have been away for a very long time due to health issues. I have just updated everything to 4.7.1 and installed the latest update of the Brilliant Discord Integration. The configuration instructions looked really easy to follow, but I must be doing something totally wrong. It will not let me go past Step-2. It keeps bouncing me back to step 1.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You for your time and assistance.

Best Regards!

PS: I can provide screenshots if needed.

@Marco Junior - please accept my apologies for a late answer. I have already replied to your question about notifications in a private message. Discord has recently made some changes to their developer panel, we will reflect these changes with new configuration field descriptions in the next update. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Currently, you can access them in the OAuth2 tab of your application in https://discord.com/developers/applications. Click Reset Secret and copy the new one.

Could contain: Text

On 8/12/2022 at 6:14 AM, Marco Junior said:

I have another doubt, the integration with discord (My players need make a register first?) Because when I click on the login with discord, the system shows this message: "You need create an account"

You will need to enable Discord registration:

1. In your ACP, open System -> Settings -> Login & Registration -> click the Edit button (with a pencil icon) next to Discord.
  2. Make sure that "Enable logging in?" is checked.
  3. Check "Create an account" option in the "When a user signs in for the first time" field
  4. Click Save

Now your users should be able to sign up using Discord without any hassle. Let me know if you have any further questions.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, Stormwolfe said:

The configuration instructions looked really easy to follow, but I must be doing something totally wrong. It will not let me go past Step-2. It keeps bouncing me back to step 1.

I replied to your private message about this a few days ago. In most cases, simply restarting the configuration process should help. This is an old bug which I believe is related to Invision Community's internal code itself, but I will take a look once again if we can make use any workarounds for this. Again, sorry for this inconvenience.

---

Also, I just wanted to note that the support topic link has been removed from the app's Additional Information page. Private messages are currently the primary way to obtain support for Brilliant Discord Integration. This helps us keep your support requests and feedback in one place and ensure no messages are missed. 

This topic will be kept open until Brilliant Discord Integration's help center is made public (very soon). I still recommend using private messages instead.

• 3 weeks later...

BradTBP - I have addressed the issue(s) in your private message.

@Unleashed2k - version 1.0.17.1 is currently pending approval. From what I can see, the compatibility checker is a new feature in 4.7.2 Beta. It seems to be a little too strict with its checks. The app works fine on PHP8.1. I have modified the code to match its requirements anyway.

As soon as the new version is approved on the Marketplace and you upgrade, you will be able to use the app again. Thank you for letting me know.

Edited by SoftwareFactory
On 7/18/2022 at 1:44 AM, SoftwareFactory said:
On 7/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Li3D said:

Hi,

Looks like RSS/Atom Feed Imports posts are not posted on Discord.

Any way to make it work ?

I am looking into this issue right now and I will update you soon.

Hi, any news about that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some errors logs after update on last IPS version. Running PHP 8.1
BDI version 1.0.17.1
Regards.

A class in an app extends the class \IPS\brilliantdiscord\Singleton for which no file /applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/Singleton/Singleton.php exists!
The method scanner skipped comparing that file to any of its subclasses
A class in an app extends the class \IPS\brilliantdiscord\ActiveRecord for which no file /applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/ActiveRecord/ActiveRecord.php exists!
The method scanner skipped comparing that file to any of its subclasses
The class \IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException extends \LogicException, but the parent class couldn't be loaded.
The class \IPS\brilliantdiscord\Util\UnhandledDiscordException extends \RuntimeException, but the parent class couldn't be loaded.
  • 1 month later...

Hi, any news about that ?

The RSS issue will be fixed in the nearest update. Sorry for this inconvenience.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, PatrickRQ said:

@SoftwareFactory is new update 1.0.17.1 compatible with 4.7.1? I mean I can update before updating to 4.7.2?

Yes.

13 hours ago, PatrickRQ said:

Can I still use latest Brilliant Discord version with 4.7.2 and PHP 7.4?

Also, could you bring setting to set custom Widget background? I saw it is possible.

Yes, you can use it with older versions of PHP and IPS. Since you saw such a customized widget somewhere, could you please send me a screenshot? Thank you.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, Hisashi said:

Question about the app, is it possible add the user to the server as soon as he 'Sign in with discord'? Without need to create an invite link.

If not, do you have plans to add this function?

This is a planned feature and you can expect in an update soon.

On 10/26/2022 at 3:33 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm getting the same errors as above @SoftwareFactory if you are able to fix them. Many thanks!

Could contain: Text, Page, Document

This is fixed in Invision Community 4.7.4.

Is there a way to prevent the bot from auto-kicking someone if they unlink their account? Our linking is optional and I would hate to have people get kicked and lose their boosts/perks on the server just because they unlink their account from the boards.

Can we ask for an improvement on webhooks? e.g. I post a topic/pages records as hidden or scheduled. When I unhide it or schedule is in time it won't bring up the notification to discord.

It would also be good to bring an option to force-push notification, e.g. when we update a record.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be also some sort of roles sync issue. E.g. Commerce product expires and brings back user to his previous group. In result the user loses his privileges on Discord - perfect! But opposite way does nto work - user renews his subscriptions, gets back to his "premium" group but discord does nto sync it back. Sign-out and sign-in from/to discord is necessary for such user to re-apply roles properly.

Edited by PatrickRQ
  • 1 month later...

As you may have noticed, the support topic link has been removed from Brilliant Discord Integration's Additional Information page, which is because the support topic is no longer the preferred method of support. You will get help much faster through private messages.

Support may be provided through other means in the future as well - always refer to Additional Information for the currently available support options.

Many of your above issues have been addressed in updates or in a private message.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, EvanDC said:

Hi there - I *think* my discord integration is setup ok and bot running etc. BUT the block on IPB is just showing an error of a broken image link, nothing else. Any ideas? 

Hello EvanDC! In order to resolve that issue, just go to your Discord server settings and check the "Enable Server Widget" option. The widget may need a few minutes to start appearing correctly after making that change. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know in a private message🙂

Could contain: File, Text, Menu, Webpage

Some webhook are not detected if the channel is too 'old' ? 
Even after few days they doesn't appear.
Someon already have this issues?

Regards

The issue was resolved in a private conversation - in this case, Brilliant Discord Integration did not have permissions to create webhooks on some channels.

Is there a way to prevent the bot from auto-kicking someone if they unlink their account? Our linking is optional and I would hate to have people get kicked and lose their boosts/perks on the server just because they unlink their account from the boards.

This is not currently possible in Brilliant Discord Integration, but an option to customize this will definitely be considered when working on future updates of the app.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:14 AM, PatrickRQ said:

Can we ask for an improvement on webhooks? e.g. I post a topic/pages records as hidden or scheduled. When I unhide it or schedule is in time it won't bring up the notification to discord.

It would also be good to bring an option to force-push notification, e.g. when we update a record.

This has been fixed for scheduled content in 1.0.18. The app should now automatically send a notification when the content is published. Make sure you set the notification type to Late Notification. You can expect further improvements to Notifications soon.

There seems to be also some sort of roles sync issue. E.g. Commerce product expires and brings back user to his previous group. In result the user loses his privileges on Discord - perfect! But opposite way does nto work - user renews his subscriptions, gets back to his "premium" group but discord does nto sync it back. Sign-out and sign-in from/to discord is necessary for such user to re-apply roles properly.

I have not been able to reproduce this issue. If you are still experiencing this, please go to ACP -> Brilliant Discord -> Logs page and click Download Debug Information. Attach the file in a private message and I will provide further assistance as soon as possible. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi @SoftwareFactory - One of our user is facing the issue, while logging in. So i opened the ticket on IPS side. Jim mentioned below:

Looks like this account was created by a third party login handler for Discord. Please contact the author for further assistance on resolving this issue.

This is the problem: 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471630-your-account-does-not-require-validation-user-login-error/#comment-2922819

Can you please help looking into this one, so that user can login?