Brilliant Discord Integration

On 2/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, Chris Anderson said:

How many members and active members online at one time can this particular solution realistically support? 

A lot. In fact, number of members should have (with currently available features) no impact on the app at all - whether you have 100 or 1,000,000 members, the app should work fine. If you have any other questions, please send me a private message. I'll be happy to answer all of your questions.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:04 AM, Jack Burton said:

Is there an instruction manual or video to assist with setup? @SoftwareFactory

There is no manual (yet!). However, if you have any questions, please send me a private message and I'll respond as soon as possible 🙂

On 3/2/2021 at 3:09 PM, Constructor said:

@SoftwareFactory You can add a hook so that when the version of the file is updated on the forum, there will be a notification in the discord community?

I think this could be added in a future update. Thank you for the suggestion.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, SlackZ said:

Hi,

Im adding notification but I can't see the channels created as announce channels, how I can see that type of channels?

Thanks.

Announcement Channels are an unrelated feature. If you want to set up your channels as Announcement Channels, refer to this Discord's help article.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:33 PM, Eudemon said:

can you explain how syncing usergroup work?

1. You can assign Discord roles to IPS groups by editing groups in ACP.
  2. Role and nickname synchronization works only from IPS to Discord and not the other way around.
  3. During synchronization:
    1. Member will be granted with all the roles assigned to all of their groups.
    2. If a member has a certain role on Discord that is assigned to at least one IPS group but they don't have any of these groups, the role will be revoked.
    3. If nickname synchronization is enabled, Discord member's nickname will be set to their IPS username (if their Discord and IPS usernames are different).
  4. If a member has a certain role on Discord that is assigned to at least one IPS group but they don't have any of them.
  5. A member is synchronized whenever:
    1. they link their Discord and IPS accounts,
    2. they use a Magic Invite,
    3. any change is made to the user's profile (say, you change their groups or username in ACP),
    4. when manually triggered in ACP on member's page,
    5. and possibly in the future: whenever their roles/nickname are changed manually on Discord.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SoftwareFactory,

I bought this last night and I have a community using Brilliant Discord for some reason the roles are not syncing up. I have waited over 3 hours now. I have tried going to the task and forcing the Mass Sync. Also, I have another issue when I use the magic invite link. On the ACP end it says "Unexpected response code at /guilds/ ID /members/ ID. On the front I get this "Error code: 4SBR100/6"

I am willing to provide more detail over PM so then I can better help you to help me!

Thanks SoftwareFactory

Edited by GillyMe

AquilaTempestas, ZHP, Jordan, GillyMe - I have sent you PMs.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:46 PM, Keith Michel said:

Anyway for me to extend the notification list to ‘IPS/forums/category/Topic’?

I’m not exactly sure what do you mean. Could you elaborate?

On 4/9/2021 at 11:35 PM, Circo said:

Any possibility of listing random users in the Discord when using the widget?  It currently just shows the same people at all times.

There is probably not much that could be done about this since this is a widget provided directly by Discord, but a custom widget could be made. Thanks for pointing this out.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:29 AM, GillyMe said:

Hi SoftwareFactory,

I bought this last night and I have a community using Brilliant Discord for some reason the roles are not syncing up. I have waited over 3 hours now. I have tried going to the task and forcing the Mass Sync. Also, I have another issue when I use the magic invite link. On the ACP end it says "Unexpected response code at /guilds/ ID /members/ ID. On the front I get this "Error code: 4SBR100/6"

I am willing to provide more detail over PM so then I can better help you to help me!

Thanks SoftwareFactory

Hello

I am having the same issue when using the Magic Invite link.

JamesUntitled.thumb.jpg.56094f18d0173b9e8cd97b6928569ed7.jpg

39 minutes ago, Soupy1985 said:

Hello

I am having the same issue when using the Magic Invite link.

JamesUntitled.thumb.jpg.56094f18d0173b9e8cd97b6928569ed7.jpg

Hello James,

Please make sure your bot's role is on the very top of your Discord role list, because otherwise it cannot assign any roles which are higher in hierarchy. If this doesn't help, check if the bot has Manage Roles and Create Invite permissions.

2 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Hello James,

Please make sure your bot's role is on the very top of your Discord role list, because otherwise it cannot assign any roles which are higher in hierarchy. If this doesn't help, check if the bot has Manage Roles and Create Invite permissions.

Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply. I remember seeing that some where before on here, my bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Unleashed2k said:

Ever since the update I'm unable to resync members, or go to the invite link. I can login with discord however.

image.thumb.png.b81f08a2f4947548a908f870b1b8368c.png

And the bot account has all the roles needed and is up top.

Additionally this happens after "collecting data"

image.thumb.png.1055f0dca8b0cd48d1edc810cf7b82e1.png

I'm having the same issue as well, tried recreating a new bot, clearing data, running system checks, no luck so far.

4 minutes ago, SoftwareFactory said:

@Unleashed2k @hopp could you create temporary admin accounts on your websites (only with access to Support section in System and entire Brilliant Discord Integration) and send me their details (username, password, email address and your website URL) in a private message?

I’ll investigate this as soon as possible. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Alright I messaged you a temp account

5 hours ago, hopp said:

I'm having the same issue as well, tried recreating a new bot, clearing data, running system checks, no luck so far.

We get the same issue here, same error, manual sync doesnt work producing same errors as per the screenshot above.

As for the mass sync when we try that it starts and shows the progress bar then quickly moves to this within about 10-15 seconds.

A configuration or server error has occurred

4SBR000/2 Something went wrong. Please try again.

These issues have been fixed in 1.0.14.1 which is currently waiting for approval. For now we recommend not to update to 1.0.14. Sorry for inconvenience.

Also, you may be interested in our new Brilliant app, which makes the clipboard actually work.

Edited by SoftwareFactory