Brilliant Discord Integration

I have display name synchronization turned on, and the display name is set correctly when the member joins or when I run mass sync. But when the user changes their display name on the forums or through ACP it doesn't reflect the changes on discord. Our community requires display name changing quite often and is a big reason why we're looking for an application like this. Is this just not a feature or did I misconfigure something?

On 3/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, Cristian Romero said:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hit your private again but the members who join do not change the nicknames in discord this does not deliver the role to the new members joined the server only once joined I have to go to the administrator panel to synchronize your account from the user profile this happens from this new version

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay in the response due to family problems of a family member absent from the computer, I have carried out these steps to solve said problem:

Brilliant Discord > Settings > Mass Synchronization. After this the problem will be solved only if you first uninstall and install the application.

the details that you indicated were always active.

A few last things about what a member on my server without roles when he goes to my website uses the form to register for the first time with discord after connecting in the next step where it asks for the nickname after choosing the nickname get the role instantly as it was always without the need to use Magic Invites.

That's why I consider one of the best apps for my discord group.

A million thanks I will continue to support future updates I have years I will never leave it.

A hug from Spain

I was configuring newly purchased plugin and suddenly when trying to test invites I get this:

Unexpected 500 response code at /invites/WpkBSUZ?with_counts=true. At very beginning of config it worked, suddenly stopped and cannot find reason of it.

I also find that banners in discord widgets are not working, cannot find image on remote server. Any suggestions?

Too bad I can't edit my previous messages to get them merged. However, I managed to resolve my issues. Can't share solution. I deleted/uninstalled all and configured again.

I have a question, I try to create a webhook to announcement channel type but webhooks are available only for text channels. Is this something you can improve?

On 10/20/2021 at 6:06 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

Thank you for your report! The root cause of the issue has been identified and an update will be submitted for approval to the Marketplace very soon. I sent you a private message with additional information and instructions.

Hello,

I am still on 1.0.17 Alpha 2 version i.e. the fix which you had created quickly for us. Do you plan to submit in market place? May be others are facing similar issue? 

This way, I can upgrade to 1.0.17 official version? Thanks!

On 4/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, jdrake said:

I have display name synchronization turned on, and the display name is set correctly when the member joins or when I run mass sync. But when the user changes their display name on the forums or through ACP it doesn't reflect the changes on discord. Our community requires display name changing quite often and is a big reason why we're looking for an application like this. Is this just not a feature or did I misconfigure something?

This is certainly not an intended behavior - I have just sent you a private message about further steps to take in order to resolve this issue.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:01 PM, UrDrive said:

Hello, I was wondering if we could get the ability to sync roles with Discord but in reverse.

Change Role on Discord also changes role on Invision

I cannot give an estimated release date, but this is a planned feature for future updates.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:45 PM, PatrickRQ said:

Too bad I can't edit my previous messages to get them merged. However, I managed to resolve my issues. Can't share solution. I deleted/uninstalled all and configured again.

I have a question, I try to create a webhook to announcement channel type but webhooks are available only for text channels. Is this something you can improve?

Glad to see that you've managed to resolve your other issues. If there is anything else you need help with, please let me know - I will reply as soon as possible.

In terms of sending notifications to announcement channels - yes, this can definitely be improved and it will be done in the nearest Brilliant Discord Update, among other Notifications improvements.

On 4/26/2022 at 3:51 PM, PatrickRQ said:

Unexpected 500 response code at /invites/WpkBSUZ?with_counts=true. At very beginning of config it worked, suddenly stopped and cannot find reason of it.

It's worth knowing 5xx response codes from Discord are usually a sign of a temporary issue on Discord's end.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:56 AM, AlexJ said:

Hello,

I am still on 1.0.17 Alpha 2 version i.e. the fix which you had created quickly for us. Do you plan to submit in market place? May be others are facing similar issue? 

This way, I can upgrade to 1.0.17 official version? Thanks!

Yes, it will be submitted to the Marketplace soon. As soon as it is available, you will be able to upgrade the usual way without taking any additional steps.

Edited by SoftwareFactory
  • 3 weeks later...

Any chance we can get some configurable options for how to handle removing people that're banned? Or at least an option to only kick them from the Discord if it's a permanent ban? (And maybe the ability to select a role to give someone that's temp banned on site?)

Getting this error on lastest IP Board beta build:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Call to undefined method IPS\brilliantdiscord\Behavior::cache()

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Edited by Unleashed2k
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have a problem

I added all corectly data "CLIENT SECRET" and "TOKEN"
But i can't Enable Server Integration, because i press "+Add New Server" i select server what i want to add and i'm authorized the server.
I put the roles up to all roles. 
And i press "refresh" and in Select Server do not appear nothing.

Why?

• 2 weeks later...

@SoftwareFactory

We've been receiving far too many reports that the Discord link doesn't work from various sources; it's becoming an issue that I had to circumvent the Brilliant Discord Invitation for our upcoming advertisement campaigns, something I very much did not want to do.

This is becoming a problem on my end. I've officially renewed the support (license) on this integration so please get into contact with me, I'd be happy to share the details of our ACP but we'll need a fix on this one sooner than later.

Please advise if you can provide support.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers,

NH

Working on another app I am getting this error in the admincp:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\brilliantdiscord\Behavior::gettAppToken() (0)

Discord app works fine but it is causing an error when we submit a form field in another app

Edited by ufshane

I don't know if it is blocked I the app store or not, if it is still there, it does work fine on the latest version of invision still. It is a great asset.

The author who created it was pretty young and in school when I chatted with him, super smart. Bad part is when you are that young your interests change pretty often, so maybe he moved on. hopefully not though. He was super nice and respectful.

I think support for this will have to rely mostly on the community that still has the file. If it ever comes to the point that it just won't work, then my plan will be to pay @Adriano Faria to make something similar. lol. I am already debating asking him to make a "Rocket.Chat" version.