Brilliant Discord Integration

On 6/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, ZLTRGO said:

Also, an additional cool feature would be to Customize the Bots looks in terms of Online Status (Always on) or Profile Status Message.
Like when it's Syncing the users info from the Forum to Discord, it could say "Syncing Information"
or "Updating Users Infos" or "x user have connected their account to their forum" (pretty much anything)
Just feel like if the bot is always offline (like right now) it seems as if it "doesn't" work 😛

I like this suggestion! Unfortunately, due to how Invision Community works, Brilliant Discord Integration currently relies on passive integration, which does not involve active connection with Discord - the app only "contacts" Discord when it needs to synchronize a member, for example. Therefore, it can't maintain an active online status or status message easily.

This is, however, subject to change in future major updates of Brilliant Discord Integration 😉 

On 6/30/2021 at 9:58 PM, kmk said:

Make sure to move bot's role to the top. This field is required.

@SoftwareFactory which problem it is?

I know you have managed to resolve this, but just saying that it was probably because you have not selected any server from the server list shown during the setup.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:22 PM, Hydex said:

Is there a way to search for members by DiscordID fronted or ACP?

Unfortunately, as of now there is no way to do this.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:49 PM, Jad Merheb said:

Hey there, my bot used to work fine however now if i change someone's roles in acp it doesn't remove the old role they had on discord. Any fix?

This may be a bug. Please go to ACP and on the Brilliant Discord Integration's Logs page, click "Download Debug Information" and send me that file in a private message. Thank you and sorry for this inconvenience!

Hello, 

New bug failure in the new update in the synchronization of role

After buying the new product update there is a serious failure, detailed in detail when, for example, the user put the role of advanced member in the administration panel of the web and I withdraw him for other roles, example novice member then the member on the discord server shows the two roles.

Another example when adding roles on the web will add them in discord correctly but if you remove the roles on the web on the discord server the member still has the roles.

I have been using your plugin for years, I have never had this failure before because on my discord server I give the roles from the web to the volunteer moderator and when a moderator withdraws the role from the web, it is withdrawn from the server but for whatever reason since the update is not doing the right thing

I'm sorry for the inconvenience I hope it is solved since we have years with your complement I always work in cinema, thank you very much

1 hour ago, SoftwareFactory said:

@Jad Merheb @cristian romero garcia - I have submitted update 1.0.15.1 that fixes the issue with old roles not being removed on synchronization. It is currently waiting for approval. Please also take a look at the private messages from me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

my dear, right now I am going on a trip, I will apply that change that I sent by private message.

The truth is an excellent person in charge of its fast application, very attentive to the users who use its application.

If I see any other error again, do not doubt that I will report it to make the application more secure, also in private, I will send you some answers and proposals.

receive a cordial greeting from Spain

I am having issues with the Discord log in page. I have set up the integration with a Discord bot but whenever I attempt to "Login With Discord" on the account settings page, I get an error that reads "Invalid OAuth2 redirect_url"

I have experimented with the website settings, Discord bot settings, and researched but I can't find anything helpful. I'll leave a few screenshots below of the issue.

https://prnt.sc/1avjtoy

https://prnt.sc/1avjwb1

Thank you in advance.

Evening @SoftwareFactory

brilliant application and been using for a while now. 

Since last update the app isn't removing a synced members role when it has been removed in groups (Invision Community forum) 

The app is syncing when a new group has been added to the member in Invision community forum 

Cheers

Edited by TopLoader
On 7/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

@Jad Merheb @cristian romero garcia - I have submitted update 1.0.15.1 that fixes the issue with old roles not being removed on synchronization. It is currently waiting for approval. Please also take a look at the private messages from me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just read this apologies for the above post. Do you have any update as its been 12 days since? 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Hello @GarrettGilfillan,

Just go to your Discord application settings (click here and choose the app you configured during initial setup), go to the OAuth2 tab, and in the Redirects field paste this:

https://www.ngarp.com/oauth/callback/

Then click Save changes. If you need any further help, or you have any other questions, please let me know 🙂

Ok thank you this fixed it!

12 hours ago, TopLoader said:

Just read this apologies for the above post. Do you have any update as its been 12 days since? 

Hello,

Unfortunately not. IPS has not approved the new version yet. I know it is a pain, yet the only thing we can do now is complaining about their elongated review times. Sorry for this inconvenience. I hope they will approve it soon.

Other contributors are also suffering from longer approval times, and we are really concerned about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to install this from the acp market place and i get this error in a popup 

There was a problem loading this content.

Any Ideas

edit

This isnt exclusive to this plugin, seems to be with any

Edited by Vanucci

hey @SoftwareFactory,

would it be possible to add the option to remove a specific discord role within the groups?

I have it set up where people get a guest role when joining discord then receive the registered role once they link their discord. I would like to have the guest role then removed. This would also apply for ranks, the new rank/role will replace the old. 

On 8/2/2021 at 12:35 PM, Mason Hills said:

hey @SoftwareFactory,

would it be possible to add the option to remove a specific discord role within the groups?

I have it set up where people get a guest role when joining discord then receive the registered role once they link their discord. I would like to have the guest role then removed. This would also apply for ranks, the new rank/role will replace the old. 

Hello @Mason Hills,

Of course! You can create a new group on the Groups page in your ACP, and in its Discord Settings tab assign the Guest role to it. Unless you assign this group to any member on your community, or assign these roles to any other groups, Brilliant Discord Integration will remove these roles from every member on every sync. Let me know if you need further assistance with that - I will be happy to help.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:37 AM, kmk said:

Hi @SoftwareFactory , there let me create notification for Registration and Join request of Clubs? if not could you add these as new added?

Not yet, but thank you for your suggestion!

Edited by SoftwareFactory
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome tool, but there is also a few things that are vital that need tweaked. for example, if someone uploads an image to their gallery, there is no way to show the image, just a text saying "Hey, there is an image uploaded" which sadly, is almost useless. right now Discord is having a SERIOUS embedding issue, about 1/3 will even embed, no matter what site it is. And if there is more then 1 thing triggered at once, the embed fails every single time. I have a community of over 80K and I'm really seeing many struggles with this app. The "Rich text embed" is honestly the best thing to work with discord and WILL NOT FAIL, but sadly, its lacking serious options. you can edit the title, and the max amount of text to display. Useful for forums, but if you use the files system, or images system, it puts you dead in the water, as there is no image options. When you are using this for a business, the best way to advertise is with images, not with a bunch of words. I love most of this app, but the images are vital, please update this. If you need me to make a proper commission to get this done, I'm willing.

I would like to edit the Account Settings > Discord Content.  When someone clicks the Sign Out button they are kicked from discord.  I would like to edit this screen with a red banner that Says clicking "Sign Out" will remove you from discord.  Please help me locate this area so I can make adjustments.  Thank you!

On 8/6/2021 at 12:13 AM, itspbeezy said:

Hello @SoftwareFactory,

For some reason the bot goes offline for me and doesn't seem to sync the roles even though I have the token and keys setup properly.

Apologies for the late response. It is normal for the bot to appear offline. Regarding the role synchronization not working properly - make sure that:

1. You have assigned roles to groups. You can do so by going to the Groups page in your ACP and editing chosen groups appropriately.  When you do so, you may need to go to the Configuration page in Brilliant Discord Integration in your ACP and click "Run Mass Synchronization" to make sure that changes to roles have been applied.

image.thumb.png.d3dc850df23dba17366b639073c8bf52.png

2. Make sure to move your configured bot's role to the very top of your role list in your Discord server settings.
  3. Make sure that your members have linked their accounts in Account Settings or by using a Magic Invite.

If you need further help or have any questions, please reach out in a private message 🙂

On 8/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, Schaken said:

This is an awesome tool, but there is also a few things that are vital that need tweaked. for example, if someone uploads an image to their gallery, there is no way to show the image, just a text saying "Hey, there is an image uploaded" which sadly, is almost useless. right now Discord is having a SERIOUS embedding issue, about 1/3 will even embed, no matter what site it is. And if there is more then 1 thing triggered at once, the embed fails every single time. I have a community of over 80K and I'm really seeing many struggles with this app. The "Rich text embed" is honestly the best thing to work with discord and WILL NOT FAIL, but sadly, its lacking serious options. you can edit the title, and the max amount of text to display. Useful for forums, but if you use the files system, or images system, it puts you dead in the water, as there is no image options. When you are using this for a business, the best way to advertise is with images, not with a bunch of words. I love most of this app, but the images are vital, please update this. If you need me to make a proper commission to get this done, I'm willing.

Thank you for your detailed feedback! I understand this may be a pain. This is something we are currently working on and upgraded Notifications will be released in one of upcoming updates. If you have other suggestions or any questions about the app, please let me know in a private message.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:06 PM, Hydex said:

I would like to edit the Account Settings > Discord Content.  When someone clicks the Sign Out button they are kicked from discord.  I would like to edit this screen with a red banner that Says clicking "Sign Out" will remove you from discord.  Please help me locate this area so I can make adjustments.  Thank you!

I understand your point. While it is not possible to easily do so at this particular moment, we will certainly do something similar in one of upcoming updates. Thank you for letting us know of this issue! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask in a private message.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:55 PM, Jeremy Kerber said:

Hey guys, when someone trys to join our site with the discord link it gives us a Invalid )Auth2 redirect_uri. What did I not setup right? THanks!

Go to the app's Configuration page in ACP, click Reconfigure, then copy the Redirect URI from the information. Then go here, choose your configured application, and in the "Redirects" field in the OAuth2 tab, paste the URL. Click Save changes. Now it should work properly. If you have any further questions, please contact us in a private message 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Do you think you can add "Multi Server" support somehow?

Like if I had 2 servers with the same setup and why my rank sync on both server. (Roles/etc are pretty much setup the same).
Right now I have a main server that the people connect (only customers can) and one Public accessible to everyone.
But we would like to sync our customers Ranks on both server, which would make our life so much easier.

Regards

On 9/4/2021 at 9:43 AM, ZLTRGO said:

Hey!

Do you think you can add "Multi Server" support somehow?

Like if I had 2 servers with the same setup and why my rank sync on both server. (Roles/etc are pretty much setup the same).
Right now I have a main server that the people connect (only customers can) and one Public accessible to everyone.
But we would like to sync our customers Ranks on both server, which would make our life so much easier.

Regards

Definitely. While such feature is not currently available, this is something we are currently working on. I cannot provide an estimated release date, but this is going to happen sooner than later, and we are really excited about this.