Brilliant Discord Integration

The author is brilliant, and he was working on a huge update with a bunch of new features. Last I heard from him was at the end of the school year, he said he was needing to put this on hold so he could study for his exams. Which I 100% agree with, as I am always happy to see people progress their knowledge. That was the last I heard from him though.

Hello,

A new update with 4.7 support, other bugfixes and some minor new features is nearly completed and will be submitted to the Marketplace today, so it should be available very soon. The app is not going to be abandoned anytime soon and major feature updates are still planned for this year 🙂

No words can describe how sorry I am for the very limited support that you have been receiving within the last few months. There was a series of unfortunate events in my life, but it is about time to move on. Some of your messages remained unanswered for a long time. I want to ensure that from now on, everyone of you gets proper support in a reasonable timeframe, and has a positive experience with the app itself. Which is why I would like to focus on planned changes, rather than explanation of the past failures. 

Within upcoming weeks (and months too!), I plan to work on:

• Writing some help guides to help you get answers to your questions as quickly as possible
  • Releasing a complete Notifications remake
  • Refreshing your overall experience with the app with improvements across all of the app's features 
  • Completing the development of some of the most awaited features, like bidirectional role synchronization, multiple server support and slash commands
  • Deeper integration of Discord and Invision Community

I will be striving to regain your trust and confidence. You can expect updates to be released more often than before. Remember that I am always happy to hear about your suggestions, questions, concerns and feedback. My private messages inbox stays open for you all the time if you want to chat one on one. This is something not many contributors out there do. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.

I am grateful for your continued support and happy that you decided to purchase Brilliant Discord Integration in the first place. Brilliant Discord Integration remains ahead in number of purchases when compared to other top Marketplace apps.

I want to continue supporting the app and its further development for the foreseeable future.

---

On 5/23/2022 at 12:17 AM, Miss Vendetta said:

Just a suggestion for a future version.. it would be really nice to have a way to search discord names so we can see which forum members left a discord or see who hasn't linked their discords to the forum.

I will see what's the best way to get something like this done. Thank you for your suggestion!

On 5/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, Alzar said:

Any chance we can get some configurable options for how to handle removing people that're banned? Or at least an option to only kick them from the Discord if it's a permanent ban? (And maybe the ability to select a role to give someone that's temp banned on site?)

Permanent ban results in a kick - the idea is that if you cannot access the website (because you are banned), you cannot access Magic Invite, and therefore you cannot access Discord. I will definitely consider adding greater customizability in this area in a future update.

On 5/28/2022 at 3:24 PM, Unleashed2k said:

Getting this error on lastest IP Board beta build:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Call to undefined method IPS\brilliantdiscord\Behavior::cache()

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Fixed in the upcoming 4.7 compatibility update. Thanks for reporting.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ryan Yuan said:

Is there a place I can grab the files to update manually? Marketplace says the latest version is installed, but when I go to applications in my CP, it says out of date.

This sounds like an issue with Invision Community itself rather than this app. It's been a while, so please let me know if you are still experiencing that issue.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, PatrickRQ said:

Hi,

Can you tell me where I can disable this option in ACP? (what file to edit). My community does not allow to change e-mail without restricted procedure and this brings sort of vulnerability to this:

Could contain: Plot, Text, Page

I want user to be not able to set it.

Go to ACP > Login & Registration > click the Edit button next to Discord > check "Do nothing" in the "When remote email address changes" setting and click "Save":

Could contain: Text

On 7/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Li3D said:

Hi,

Looks like RSS/Atom Feed Imports posts are not posted on Discord.

Any way to make it work ?

I am looking into this issue right now and I will update you soon.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:47 PM, ufshane said:

Working on another app I am getting this error in the admincp:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\brilliantdiscord\Behavior::gettAppToken() (0)

Discord app works fine but it is causing an error when we submit a form field in another app

This should no longer be happening afer the upcoming update. Sorry for this inconvenience.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Hello,

A new update with 4.7 support, other bugfixes and some minor new features is nearly completed and will be submitted to the Marketplace today, so it should be available very soon. The app is not going to be abandoned anytime soon and major feature updates are still planned for this year 🙂

No words can describe how sorry I am for the very limited support that you have been receiving within the last few months. There was a series of unfortunate events in my life, but it is about time to move on. Some of your messages remained unanswered for a long time. I want to ensure that from now on, everyone of you gets proper support in a reasonable timeframe, and has a positive experience with the app itself. Which is why I would like to focus on planned changes, rather than explanation of the past failures. 

Within upcoming weeks (and months too!), I plan to work on:

• Writing some help guides to help you get answers to your questions as quickly as possible
  • Releasing a complete Notifications remake
  • Refreshing your overall experience with the app with improvements across all of the app's features 
  • Completing the development of some of the most awaited features, like bidirectional role synchronization, multiple server support and slash commands
  • Deeper integration of Discord and Invision Community

I will be striving to regain your trust and confidence. You can expect updates to be released more often than before. Remember that I am always happy to hear about your suggestions, questions, concerns and feedback. My private messages inbox stays open for you all the time if you want to chat one on one. This is something not many contributors out there do. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.

I am grateful for your continued support and happy that you decided to purchase Brilliant Discord Integration in the first place. Brilliant Discord Integration remains ahead in number of purchases when compared to other top Marketplace apps.

I want to continue supporting the app and its further development for the foreseeable future.

---

I will see what's the best way to get something like this done. Thank you for your suggestion!

Permanent ban results in a kick - the idea is that if you cannot access the website (because you are banned), you cannot access Magic Invite, and therefore you cannot access Discord. I will definitely consider adding greater customizability in this area in a future update.

Fixed in the upcoming 4.7 compatibility update. Thanks for reporting.

This sounds like an issue with Invision Community itself rather than this app. It's been a while, so please let me know if you are still experiencing that issue.

Go to ACP > Login & Registration > click the Edit button next to Discord > check "Do nothing" in the "When remote email address changes" setting and click "Save":

Could contain: Text

I am looking into this issue right now and I will update you soon.

This should no longer be happening afer the upcoming update. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Just wanted to follow up and see if you had already submitted the update yet?

Hi

I tried using PHP 8.1 with the 4.7 but register page triggers HTTP 500 and following log is created. It looks to work with 7.4

#0 forum/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(606): IPS\_Log::log('Array\n(\n    [er...', 'oauth')
#1 forum/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(388): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_exchangeAuthorizationCodeForAccessToken('...')
#2 forum/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(169): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_handleAuthorizationResponse(Object(IPS\Login))
#3 forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(403): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#4 forum/system/Login/Login.php(339): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#5 forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/login.php(57): IPS\_Login->authenticate()
#6 forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_login->manage()
#7 forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

4 minutes ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Yes. It is currently pending approval on the Marketplace. If you need a fix for your issue sooner than that (as you said that you are working on an app), please reach out to me in a private message and we'll see what we can do.

No I am good right now the conflict is minor and as you mentioned will be fixed in the update so I look forward to the release.

It was more of a status check.

6 minutes ago, kummitus said:

I tried using PHP 8.1 with the 4.7 but register page triggers HTTP 500 and following log is created. It looks to work with 7.4

Please keep in mind that the new version of Brilliant Discord Integration (1.0.17), which is fully compatible with 4.7, is yet to be approved on the Marketplace. I would like to investigate your issue anyway. I believe this is unrelated to your PHP version.

Thank you for sending me the backtrace. Could you please find that error on the System Logs page in your ACP and send me the error's message too? Take a look at the image below to see what exactly I mean. I need this to be able to help you further. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.Could contain: Text, File, Screen, Electronics

On 7/17/2022 at 4:44 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Is this a change that was made with this most recent update? Because we've been having any bans kicking people from the discord

On 7/31/2022 at 12:19 AM, Alzar said:

Is this a change that was made with this most recent update? Because we've been having any bans kicking people from the discord

No, no changes have been made to this thing in particular with the recent update.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:33 AM, Justin Bowman said:

I purchased this today and I am able to link my account and get the bot to join my discord but when i click next it kicks me back to the api credentials. Is there a installation guide somewhere for this?

Please reopen the Configuration page and start the configuration again. It should work just fine after you do it. Sorry for this inconvenience. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

Edited by SoftwareFactory
  • 2 weeks later...

I paid for this but dont work for me.

I gave permission to the Admin bot.
I created an instant notification after creating topics in a specific category.

But it doesn't work, it just doesn't catch here.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what it could be?
Or a better guide on how to properly configure bots.

@SoftwareFactory

I have another doubt, the integration with discord (My players need make a register first?) Because when I click on the login with discord, the system shows this message: "You need create an account"

That would be weird because the process becomes longer rather than faster.

• make account
  • Go on Account Settings

It wouldn't be interesting if that's really the case.

Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong? Or if that's how it works.