Brilliant Discord Integration

hi,

1. I try to add widget, but it looks that...why?

ipsbrilliant.png.6c9c086b2095fa6fc59066a710b1a270.png

2. Magic invites/general : permissions not assigned to anyone group, I need give permissions to some groups or not? there 2 types permissions...

• Use
  • BYPASS APPROVAL QUEUE (IF ENABLED) 

3. Now new user through the Discord sign up can register for Discord and My website at the same time, so cool...

• How can we or is if possible made the sign up process at the same time adding the new discord user registered to our server too?

4. Now I found is more easy and efficient for new user use Discord sign up, because they will have 2 sides registration completed in one step.

• How can make Discord sign up replacing to the IPS sign up widget? ...real easy way.

5. How can I delete 2 old webhooks? when I change the notification name it leave the old and add the new....

ipsbrilliant.png.462a9472c07086db0f9c24719519a591.png

6. I have 2 servers in the Configuration/step 2 add your server...but now I just use one, I can not found delete option to remove the other one or the old one.

Hi all, just share what I would like to see Discord widget to do in my site:

After click to Widget... 

1. If user already have Discord installed, then they will be added to server and open the Discord app. 

2. If user don't have Discord app installed in their mobile or desktop, this click action will add user to the server and open Discord app download page (Play Store, App Store and Desktop). 

2 times login issue:

I put Discord sign up as only one method to register. 

IMG_20210121_090639.thumb.jpg.2d655d391589870add1f54c3a8fd7486.jpg

It work, but after finish registration the widget try to do redirect to my website, in this step occurs error:IMG_20210121_085610.thumb.jpg.0124301150bf9edeb814383371baaa52.jpg

Then I have to use "Existing user? Sign In" button to open the sign in form, there I select Discord "Sign in faster" button, in this time the new user can be log in successfully. IMG_20210121_085731.thumb.jpg.e48c66f71b6c2fa2de624d06242b7709.jpg

Automatically added to server is not happens :

Event the new user already downloaded and login with the recent account created, we can not see the action "brilliant add new user to the server"... IMG_20210121_092510.thumb.jpg.2ac03ac1227c3d7108241ffeca4fd5f5.jpg

As the widget permission say.. 

IMG_20210121_092714.jpg

56 minutes ago, RSAC said:

19f39fef6214c3e4a2a13788cc6bc95a.png.7c2fd0cc7c4613d5f6a22c87645dc9fa.png

i am not seeing the option to make my own invites, the button is not clickable and i dont see any settings giving people permission, do you have a video tutorial?

Go to:

1. ACP - Brilliant Discord - Magic Invites (under Behavior Management) - Create New
  2. Give the code a name like "YourServerName"
  3. Set Expiry to Never

Go to Front End:

1. Add a widget
  2. Widget Settings
  3. Invite
  4. Select "YourServerName"
  5. Save

It should work now

On 1/25/2021 at 1:58 AM, Robins Gupta said:

Go to:

1. ACP - Brilliant Discord - Magic Invites (under Behavior Management) - Create New
  2. Give the code a name like "YourServerName"
  3. Set Expiry to Never

Go to Front End:

1. Add a widget
  2. Widget Settings
  3. Invite
  4. Select "YourServerName"
  5. Save

It should work now

https://gyazo.com/d4816e91cc8d3ccdc2a59c12b00d5dab

im getting this error while trying to link the discord not really sure what to do, and how can i make it just a clickable invite for people to join without having to link there forum account?

Edited by RSAC
20 hours ago, RSAC said:

im getting this error while trying to link the discord not really sure what to do

This usually happens if you have not added the Redirect URI to your Discord bot during configuration or changed your community URL.

To obtain it, go to the app's configuration in ACP. Click Reconfigure and copy URL from the blue information box. You can close the tab.

Now, you can add it in the Discord Developer Portal:

1. Click the application you have created during configuration.
  2. Click the OAuth2 tab.
  3. Add your Redirect URI in the Redirects section.
  4. Save changes.
21 hours ago, RSAC said:

how can i make it just a clickable invite for people to join without having to link there forum account?

You will probably need to make your own widget which would point to a standard Discord invite. This is not something that the app's widget was meant for. If you have the Pages application, it may be pretty straightforward process for you. You right click and copy the image source - as long as you don't change your Discord server, its link remains the same.

If you need any further help with that or anything else - please drop me a private message 🙂

---

@kmk, please add me on Discord: Reedzev_#7245. I think it would be much easier and quicker to talk about all your issues there. Thank you and sorry for the whole inconvenience.

19 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

This usually happens if you have not added the Redirect URI to your Discord bot during configuration or changed your community URL.

To obtain it, go to the app's configuration in ACP. Click Reconfigure and copy URL from the blue information box. You can close the tab.

Now, you can add it in the Discord Developer Portal:

1. Click the application you have created during configuration.
  2. Click the OAuth2 tab.
  3. Add your Redirect URI in the Redirects section.
  4. Save changes.

You will probably need to make your own widget which would point to a standard Discord invite. This is not something that the app's widget was meant for. If you have the Pages application, it may be pretty straightforward process for you. You right click and copy the image source - as long as you don't change your Discord server, its link remains the same.

If you need any further help with that or anything else - please drop me a private message 🙂

---

@kmk, please add me on Discord: Reedzev_#7245. I think it would be much easier and quicker to talk about all your issues there. Thank you and sorry for the whole inconvenience.

how long does it take for people to show up on the queue logs? because i have it set at queue but if i don't know whos linking their discords it makes it difficult to accept them.

gg.png.dd0f00b1aed92234e05aadee0ad6faa1.png

also in this image, it says give all members on the discord a role but when i select the role and save its not actually giving anyone the role?

is their a list exactly that shows in the AdminCP whos all linked there discord account to the website?

Edited by RSAC

Three questions regarding this plugin:

1. Any way to integrate Discord accounts into the registration procedure, as we can grab the email from their info? It's possible for login but cannot find an option anywhere to enable it for register.

2. Any idea how I can enable a "join server" to the invite page? Example below.
image.thumb.png.c358fca1bbaffb27aa6a2d9f3dd4303e.png

3. How can I get rid of /discord as shown in the screenshot below

image.png.9aaac48c74a23f9e91864c1374188a0a.png

Thanks!

On 1/28/2021 at 6:46 PM, RSAC said:

how long does it take for people to show up on the queue logs? because i have it set at queue but if i don't know whos linking their discords it makes it difficult to accept them.

gg.png.dd0f00b1aed92234e05aadee0ad6faa1.png

also in this image, it says give all members on the discord a role but when i select the role and save its not actually giving anyone the role?

is their a list exactly that shows in the AdminCP whos all linked there discord account to the website?

1. Maybe your users are just linking their Discord accounts and not trying to join the server. They need to do that via a Magic Invite (by default <your website url>/discord/invite/general). You can also use a widget to link to it.

2. The general role is given automatically when your members join the Discord server via a Magic Invite or if they are already there and link their accounts.

3. No.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:07 AM, kmk said:

Now the widget is visible, but ....can not show emoji and chinese caracters.

ipsbrilliant.PNG

This is an issue on Discord’s end. We may provide an alternative version of the widget in the next update. As I promised, I will send you an example of a custom widget in a DM as a workaround.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:12 AM, 1B0Y said:

Three questions regarding this plugin:

1. Any way to integrate Discord accounts into the registration procedure, as we can grab the email from their info? It's possible for login but cannot find an option anywhere to enable it for register.

2. Any idea how I can enable a "join server" to the invite page? Example below.
image.thumb.png.c358fca1bbaffb27aa6a2d9f3dd4303e.png

3. How can I get rid of /discord as shown in the screenshot below

image.png.9aaac48c74a23f9e91864c1374188a0a.png

Thanks!

1. Go to ACP > Login & Registration > Edit Discord method > the first setting is what you’re looking for.

2. The app has been built in a way that Guests can’t use Magic Invites. Maybe it will change in the future.

3. A link without the /discord part would still work, unfortunately Invision Community automatically redirects it to the full version.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:03 PM, AhoyWorld said:

Hey, 

I have just installed this app, How do i get notifications working for forum posts?

Go to ACP > Brilliant Discord (the diamond icon) > Notifications. Click the Create New button and fill the form. Notice that the Topic type is for new topics, and Post is for new topic replies. You can setup both if you want to. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:37 PM, Brian Sosnowski said:

@SoftwareFactory is there any reason the bot would kick a user? I have had our botbuser randomly kick a few users and the forum integration is all I can think to be doing it.

Make sure you don't use that specific bot identity for anything else than Brilliant Discord Integration. If it is caused by the app, here are all the reasons it may happen:

1. They unlinked their Discord account.
  2. An administrator kicked them via ACP.
  3. They get banned on your website.
On 2/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, David Lim said:

We would like the Discord Oauth2 link to not request for a user's permission to join servers for them. Is there a way we can disable that?

There is not. Is there any specific reason not to request it? It could be possibly added as a feature in a future update.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:25 AM, RangeMachine said:

Im randomly getting this exception time by time:

image.thumb.png.66fce0729895d79a1d06fcab8b162091.png

Any hint?

Seems like Discord drastically increased some of their limits. It will be fixed it in the next update. Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:24 AM, bouckie said:

Hello,

Is it possible to add images when the message is posted on Discord?

here :

dididi.PNG.013830ef583dc26aa0fcd28e3c3d73e1.PNG

Unfortunately it is not possible, but this is definitely something that could be available in a future update.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:24 AM, bouckie said:

Hello,

Is it possible to add images when the message is posted on Discord?

here :

dididi.PNG.013830ef583dc26aa0fcd28e3c3d73e1.PNG

This discord message comes from here :

dididi2.PNG.51ee1dfd66086ac89beee3c90b1c39af.PNG

On 2/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

Unfortunately it is not possible, but this is definitely something that could be available in a future update.

Was just coming here to suggest this! Our community is about art so we have image content everywhere, and it would be nice if when the notification pops up, people see an image thumbnail.