Clubs Enhancements

On 3/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, opentype said:

1124106476_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-25um08_27_58.png.ec2fcb148436e792f301e2516d3c3a15.png

This setting doesn’t work for me anymore. I could change it to Questions, but I can’t change it back to Discussions. After saving and opening the settings again, it’s always “Questions”.  (1.2.0 Beta 1)

This bug still exists. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I want to buy this app. We have clubs on our forums for years, but they are based on forum and topics in it. We want to migrate our clubs into IPS Clubs. But now we have it like: one club = one topic on forum. So on new Clubs we want to make it easy for our users. I found option to move Topic tab into 1st place at club, but still user must go into (new) Clubs, select Club name, and then enter Topic on new page. My proposition is to make an option, to set it, that if Club have only one topic (like in our case) -  to open that topic automatically. Is it possible with that plugin?

I see that there is option to make custom homepage for the club by plugin, but I dunno what this homepage can have.

Edited by wegorz23

There are still two issues with app:

1. The permission to disable a club feature is critical for us. We do not want the club owner be able just to wipe out the content of the club with one click. Disabling is not deleting but for the search engines and site users it is the same. The content that has been built over years by community users disappears. Please add a permission for this feature, so that we can disable it for any user but forum administrator. Thanks!

screenshot-2019_05.13-09-57-02.png.1645ba40b16df75f559fa81d0fbb8ed6.png

2. The second one I have reported weeks ago.

On 3/16/2019 at 9:26 PM, Sonya* said:

Change Type. If a group the owner belongs to is not allowed to create clubs (no types are allowed) then the window is empty. There should be a check if changing club type makes sense.
screenshot-localhost-2019_03.16-21-23-40.png.402ff1f76136d4c11a1e6c48d8c19fda.png

Edited by Sonya*

Sorry to be the one asking for more features (I hate it,)  but ...  

would it be possible to add the option to allow  members of the club to write blog entries for the blogs in clubs ?
Right now, only the club leader (or any moderator of the website) can write in a blog included in a club. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another bug:

1. Change menu item order in the open club
  2. Change the type of the club to the "read-only"
  3. The custom menu order is overwritten to the default

This does NOT happen if the club type is changed via ACP. In this case the menu order is kept.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to inform others:

If you have ever used a feature "Convert club to feature" then the permissions for the clubs forums were just copied. This is false, the permissions should not be copied as they are DIFFERENT in table core_permission_index for the clubs features created a normal way. You cannot change these permissions afterwards without using SQL (or via changing club type to another and back).

This can have unpredictable behavior in activity streams, blocks and so on. 

Edited by Sonya*
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 9:45 PM, Sonya* said:

Another bug:

1. Change menu item order in the open club
  2. Change the type of the club to the "read-only"
  3. The custom menu order is overwritten to the default

This does NOT happen if the club type is changed via ACP. In this case the menu order is kept.

I'm not able to replicate this issue.

Edited by InvisionHQ

Hi. Getting this error. Do you think it's related to Club Enhancements and, if so, thoughts?

Thanks.

Error: Call to a member function memberStatus() on null in /home/xxx/public_html/uploads/template_2_d4b6ef87dffc5eda9a0f8614e0cdbd59_clubs.php:1842
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(892) : eval()'d code(287): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_clubs->header(NULL, NULL, 'sidebar')
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\hook182->header(NULL, NULL, 'sidebar')
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(100): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('header', Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/init.php(867) : eval()'d code(33): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\hook173->execute()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Edited by Giray
7 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

Try to disable the plugin and test.

I don't have any report about this error for Club Enhancements.

Hi. Thanks. Just FYI, the error is in the system logs, not when I actually go to clubs. Not sure if that changes anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 7:28 AM, Michael R said:

I may have found a bug.

When adding a new feature such as Topic or Calendar, it tries to create more than one. Operation (thankfully) errors out. When you go back to the Club you will see multiple Topics or Calendars.

Not sure if this was ever fixed by dev or ips but it's still there. When creating a club (in this case reserved) when I create a calendar or gallery, it creates five automatically, gives me an error, then I have to go back and delete four of the entries. pita to have to delete all those entries for each club I create.

FYI, this is the message I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

You cannot create new features of this type because you reached the maximum number of features allowed for this type/club

Error code: Clubs Enhancements/8

Edited by Giray

Just tried creating a new feature in the AdminCP (previously I was doing so in the front end). I got an error, see below. When I hit 'back' on the browser, I had the new feature and only one, not multiple, but I did have the error below.

INSERT INTO `core_follow` (  ) VALUES ()
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(937): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\links\\_Ca...', Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Content/ClubContainer.php(144): IPS\_Db->insert('core_follow', Array)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/clubs/clubs.php(462): IPS\links\_Category->saveClubForm(Object(IPS\Member\Club), Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\clubs\_clubs->nodeForm()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/clubs/clubs.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\clubs\_clubs->execute()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Ok, we have just migrated our old forums Clubs into IPS Clubs:

https://www.audiostereo.pl/clubs/

So we have now 18+ pages of clubs, and I think we might be some of top pages with IPS clubs 🙂

The plugin is great, because it can show club logos on hoover and over the posts - that's great future. But we have one serious problem with it - when I add new Topics section at club it shows me an error:

fail1.thumb.png.1845bf8c0e641a9fad2a3b173fcbf7c9.png

But... makes 5 duplicated section like this:

fail2.thumb.png.edf6ccf9ca2ecf8ac1aadeb517a98712.png

So we have plugin turned off right now. How to fix it?

On 8/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, Giray said:

Not sure if this was ever fixed by dev or ips but it's still there. When creating a club (in this case reserved) when I create a calendar or gallery, it creates five automatically, gives me an error, then I have to go back and delete four of the entries. pita to have to delete all those entries for each club I create.

FYI, this is the message I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

You cannot create new features of this type because you reached the maximum number of features allowed for this type/club

Error code: Clubs Enhancements/8

Hey man, we've got the same situations here. But when we creates Topics (we didn't try on calendar or gallery).

On 8/7/2019 at 1:59 PM, Giray said:

Just tried creating a new feature in the AdminCP (previously I was doing so in the front end). I got an error, see below. When I hit 'back' on the browser, I had the new feature and only one, not multiple, but I did have the error below.

INSERT INTO `core_follow` (  ) VALUES ()
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(937): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\links\\_Ca...', Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Content/ClubContainer.php(144): IPS\_Db->insert('core_follow', Array)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/clubs/clubs.php(462): IPS\links\_Category->saveClubForm(Object(IPS\Member\Club), Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\clubs\_clubs->nodeForm()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/clubs/clubs.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\clubs\_clubs->execute()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

I've got the same here, but after disabling plugin it still exists. 

So, one more time:

1. When plugin is disabled, and I try to make Topic section on Club Ive got sql error

2. When plugin is enabled Ive got 5 duplicated sections and another error (not sql one).