Clubs Enhancements

• 2 weeks later...

@Christopher Anderson I really don't think those are bad looking. People want to see as much of the club photo as possible, and the default view is more ideal.

@Adriano Faria@InvisionHQAlso, a feature request. Can we have the option for mods to add a custom sidebar just as we can on blogs? That will allow club owners/mods to add links or relevant content in the sidebar giving them a bit more customisation control of how their club. I'm more than willing to pay to fast-track this feature. Example below:

140680031_ScreenShot2018-06-25at09_25_22.thumb.png.45f906baa54ec936d6c5eb8ec19e1e91.png

Also would it be possible to create a module that allows people to search for clubs?

Edited by CSSlife
On 6/15/2018 at 8:19 PM, SiLink said:

So just to verify, modified friendly URLs e.g. /clubs/ to /clans/ , will this be okay with Club Enhancements? As soon as I get a clear answer I'll go ahead and buy ? 

Could I get a definite answer to my question please? I've been waiting on a response to buy for a few weeks now ? 

On 7/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, SiLink said:

Could I get a definite answer to my question please? I've been waiting on a response to buy for a few weeks now ? 

Already answer:

There are a core Bug when you change friendly URL:
Bug since forever: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/433280-error-with-furl-changes/

But you have also a fix in the same topic:

In this topic has a tip: edit the furl.json and update cache. It works.

If that bug relates to changing the friendly URL in the forum software (Outside of Clubs Enhanced), then I'm not seeing any errors on my forum because I've already changed /clubs/ to /clans/. I'm just wondering if Clubs Enhanced specifically supports friendly URLs before I purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been answered, I did a bit of searching but didnt find it:

Will this app allow me to remove the "Members" tab from the Club navigation? or if not remove it, resort it to the very end of the list? I see there is a screenshow of resorting some of the club content in the bar but it didnt seem to list Home or Member so I wasnt sure if those locations were locked in or not.

Hello @InvisionHQ

I want to use clubs for school class promotion, can you add a public topic feature, that let none members of club(teachers and students of others grades) post messages to this club members (they have topics feature that others teachers and students can not access). 

So club members use closed topic feature to discuss private topics of them, but will have public topic feature that let's communication with all school members. 

On 7/17/2018 at 7:09 PM, JwilsonVW said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, I did a bit of searching but didnt find it:

Will this app allow me to remove the "Members" tab from the Club navigation? or if not remove it, resort it to the very end of the list? I see there is a screenshow of resorting some of the club content in the bar but it didnt seem to list Home or Member so I wasnt sure if those locations were locked in or not.

you can resorting all features except "Members" and "Home" tabs.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:36 AM, kmk said:

I want to use clubs for school class promotion, can you add a public topic feature, that let none members of club(teachers and students of others grades) post messages to this club members (they have topics feature that others teachers and students can not access). 

Why not use a private club for teachers?

4 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

Why not use a private club for teachers?

Yes, teachers will have their club. Each groups will have their closed club to discussing their private topics, but the club at the same time is an individual for teachers or others classmates, including parents. Generating scenes where someone wants to talk to the club(e. g. All students of grade 12) , "congratulations for good activity", this post will appear in the public space of club, and this post author don't need to be this club members. So finally this club will contain topics that only members can participated, but all members as one can have topics that interact with outside members (members of the site but not the club). 

Or scene like, the club(members of the club) want to say something to all school members "thank you for support us", then all followers(included members and not members, in this case not members but can be followers) of this club can see this message and replying(there need public space for club) . 

I want to ask, what would happen if I buy this app, use its features, but later for some reason I decide I don't need it anymore? Will the clubs break with all kind of internal errors or it will mostly work?

For example, lets say I create a custom homepage for a Club, what would happen if I disable the app? Will the club continue to work as usual without the custom homepage or it will break?

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

I want to ask, what would happen if I buy this app, use its features, but later for some reason I decide I don't need it anymore? Will the clubs break with all kind of internal errors or it will mostly work?

For example, lets say I create a custom homepage for a Club, what would happen if I disable the app? Will the club continue to work as usual without the custom homepage or it will break?

Just disable it and your clubs will be fine.  I've tested this app out myself.

Ended up not using (not any fault of the app.  My club owner wanted to use Group Collaboration instead of clubs).  

Just now, Joel R said:

Just disable it and your clubs will be fine.  I've tested this app out myself.

Ended up not using (not any fault of the app.  My club owner wanted to use Group Collaboration instead of clubs).  

Yeah, you understand my main fear, I want to limit my exposure to third party dependencies, so thats why GC is no option for me, even though it is more feature rich. 

Thanks for confirming disabling it is a non issue, I am just trying out clubs in live environment right now, but I suspect I will be needing this app eventually. 

18 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Yeah, you understand my main fear, I want to limit my exposure to third party dependencies, so thats why GC is no option for me, even though it is more feature rich. 

Thanks for confirming disabling it is a non issue, I am just trying out clubs in live environment right now, but I suspect I will be needing this app eventually. 

This app is worth it if you're going to be using Clubs.  Just disable if you ever don't need.  

Newsletters by @HeadStand and Trophies and Medals by @Fosters also supports clubs so it's a pretty accepted ecosystem now.  

I have been searching and haven't found an answer yet. So sorry if this is something I have missed or if it is a very simple thing I am just too noob to find.

Is there a way to let club owners lock topic creations within Features? Like in the example below the owner would like to create topics within one feature and have some topics open for discussion but not have members randomly creating topics within that feature. While under other features he would like members to freely be able to create topics as usual.. I thought this would be a very common request, but I have searched and found nothing. 
image.thumb.png.287ddb416ab271cb4e6fc0e13c3d6316.png