Clubs Enhancements

On 5/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Feature Requests:

• Waive Renewal Fee and/or Waive Membership Fee
  • Add Member (without invitation) - member receives a notification that they have been added to the club (or not depending on settings).
  • Option to Enable 1 step checkout on closed paid clubs (no more requesting invitation)
  • Full-featured forums (like group collaboration application has) which will allow the club owner to create categories/forums. I imagine this is not possible for some reason but if it is at all possible, I think everybody wants it.
  • Drop-down club menu system

If an App so can achive feature like @Josiah Wallingford requested?

I would like suggest:

- stronger membership like Group Collaboration,

- Ability create a topic and limit who can join it, a topic with more privacy.

- With multilingual ability to show Clubs name and Tab name.

- Can created more than one Home Tab.

7 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

The first thing I will do and that I can anticipate, will be to convert the plugin into an app. 

What are the advantages of converting the plugin into an app and how will there be a way to switch over to the app if you already have a plugin installed?

Edited by Christopher Anderson

I’m using Clubs Enhancements in conjunction with Babble.  I’m encountering an issue that might confuse people and it might be related to your app or with Babble. 

1750689065_picture1.thumb.jpg.d58aca24857b8d833aaa965169259da4.jpg

If you click on the “Archive” button as shown above it redirects you away from the Club page to the “Babble” page:

752148430_Picture2.thumb.jpg.db8b0369511c35477937d2dcd89e9cec.jpg

This behavior is also present if you choose to utilize “Open in Pop Out”.

This may be confusing to the end-user and will require them to go through extra steps to navigate back to the club.

Feature Request:

As people will be spending more time in clubs and in some cases paying for access it would be nice if the look and feel of the club looked more "finished".

Bad Look 1:

image.png.af54be05ce29384c4c608880da415578.png

Bad Look 2:

image.png.d632642cb08535ce58ddaaa7eed304fb.png

Bad Look 3:

image.png.93cb68125e76c6a4eb7889cac5a0cff8.png

Better Look 1:

image.png.71367036f5a4454e5db6cf0bd48b26cf.png

Better Look 2:

image.png.6cda5e0a904098dc820bf3d50b8c4806.png

It would be nice if we could readily change the Font Color and background color to better match the photo.

Feature Request:

Another idea to help make the club look more "finished" by adding borders on the sides and bottom as shown and then centering the "Contact Us" at the bottom:

image.thumb.png.3bdc8b7aa518dc44f823708e57fefb91.png

The new side and bottom borders would expand downward and upward based on the content inserted.

Current "unfinished" look:

image.thumb.png.e4be87888bff828b23eea733d7f4bd2b.png

My example is a quick and dirty mock-up so it isn't pixel perfect.

Feature Request:

Another idea to help make the club look more "finished": 

image.png.7694de2468a6713830910366975867be.png

Have things line up with each other and remove duplicate items.   On second thought...Why do you even need these at all as they affect the community and not the content on that page.  Same goes for all of the tabs.

Feature Request:

Have "Unread Content" & "Mark site read" on the the "Topics" page work only on content there and not the whole community.

Feature Request:

Offer the choice between a circle, square and rectangle as some logos don't work well in a circle.

image.png.6b7be3fc1f189a644c57b861705b9bc5.png

Feature Request:

Allow owner of club to be able to create a set of club rules that individuals have to agree to prior to being granted access to the club.

Click "Join Club" a dialog box pops up with club rules and the member has to click on an agreement or cancel button to continue.  If they click on the agreement button they are forwarded to the club's home page.

9 minutes ago, Michael R said:

I may have found a bug.

When adding a new feature such as Topic or Calendar, it tries to create more than one. Operation (thankfully) errors out. When you go back to the Club you will see multiple Topics or Calendars.

I just tried creating a Topic and Calendar in newly created Public, Open, Closed, and Private Clubs and in all cases only one of each was created.  I would recommend providing more details about your setup and the steps you took that lead up to this odd behavior so that InvisionHQ or others can help determine the cause.  What were the names of the extra features that were created en mass?  Has creating additional Topics and Calendars worked in the past?

9 minutes ago, Christopher Anderson said:

I just tried creating a Topic and Calendar in newly created Public, Open, Closed, and Private Clubs and in all cases only one of each was created.  I would recommend providing more details about your setup and the steps you took that lead up to this odd behavior so that InvisionHQ or others can help determine the cause.  What were the names of the extra features that were created en mass?  Has creating additional Topics and Calendars worked in the past?

Good point.

I disabled the plugin and tried recreating. Got the same thing. Must be an IPS issue. Will issue a ticket.

Hi, i have a question about a feature request as mentioned above in the topic.

Is it planned in a future release, that club enhancements support subforums in clubs as well import function from existing forums included subforums? That would be awesome to use clubs for a proper replacement to manual forum management. Special in the context of management a multi gaming community. Also if it's possible that these subforums show in the forum overview like regular categories and forums.

I managed already the placement of each individual club inside the forum tree by editing regular templates. But the missing of forum childs inside clubs stop me from the replacement of normal ips4 forums, with the clubs functionality.

Edited by rick.dangerous
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question, if I've changed the language on my board (Through the Admin area) so that "clubs" is now "clans" and the URL is /clans/, this won't break this application/plugin will it? About to purchase but wanted to check first.

5 hours ago, SiLink said:

Just a quick question, if I've changed the language on my board (Through the Admin area) so that "clubs" is now "clans" and the URL is /clans/, this won't break this application/plugin will it? About to purchase but wanted to check first.

As far as I know you won't be able to change the /clubs/ to anything else. I don't know why but it won't allow me to do. Am I wrong? Was this a problem which is now fixed or was I doing something wrong? On another note: a lot of other applications use the word "Clubs", so just make sure that when you install a new application you go back to the language and update those apps to use clans.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:07 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

As far as I know you won't be able to change the /clubs/ to anything else. I don't know why but it won't allow me to do. Am I wrong? Was this a problem which is now fixed or was I doing something wrong? On another note: a lot of other applications use the word "Clubs", so just make sure that when you install a new application you go back to the language and update those apps to use clans.

You can change the url in the advanced configuration > friendly url with no issue.